Results CDPA Club 3 Lift & Bench Press Qualifier Feb 2016

Old Bull

First comp of the year and a pretty big one to start with 56 lifters in total, with 15 Female and 41 Male lifters and 9 in the Bench Only Section. 

A big thanks goes out to the 
Referees: Tasha Williams, Maria Brightwater-Wharf and Warren Trent. 
Table: MC Geoff Holmes Live Feed Aaron Az Za Verena Tilson-Scoble, Sian Trent, Lu Lu.
Spotter Loaders: Tim Mcewan, Sid Kudav, Constantinos Alexopoulos, Thomas Hemmings, John Rivers, Simon Crossan, Kurt Docherty.

Of Note
The Brothers: Crossan's Alex and Simon. Steven's, Jared and Leigh, sharing the platform together.
Juniors: 2 too look out for Wade Phillips 388.800 wilks and Dharmesh Patel 355.550 wilks and the Ladies Nesi Laukau 365.301 Wilks, and Riria Ropata 358.781 Wilks.
The Ladies: a big field and some very good battles 200kg Deadlift was the highlight for the Ladies well done Riria.
The Men: Open Men 8 wilks points separating the top 3, Juniors and Sub Juniors was a very strong field. With Wade Phillips Jnr Men 105kgs taking out the Best Male lifter and his partner Nesi Laukau taking out the best Female Lifter.
Bench Press: Luke Sowerby with a 132.5kg, Bench Press Jared Beckett best Male Bench Press wilks of 95.877 The Master duo battling it out Tim Hints and Danny Wilton came down to Wilks. The return of Pere Rodgers after surgery.
Thank you to all the helpers who helped make this a day a smooth run competition

Club Lift Morning Feb 2016.pdf

Club Lift Afternoon Feb 2016.pdf

Bench Press Qualifier Feb 2016.pdf

Yep, two flights in the morning, two flights of three-lift and a bench-only in the afternoon.

Long day - lifting from 10:00 - 5:30p.m. But worth it, some stunning lifts by novices. The Stephens brothers were great, Nesi and Wade are a team to be watched. 

Next comp's March 19th at Hastings Fitness Centre - expect to see the Monsters of the East warming up for the CD Champs.

Oh, and Big Ethan Foote from Hastings is in the  Slingshot Pro Deadlift at the Arnold Sports Festival in Ohio this weekend:

http://arnold.usapowerlifting.com and 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19kgecJ8TsRscanvViQYvrUY3_-k7EsLsQRL55avLqo0/htmlview?pli=1# 

Monday morning NZ time.

12 minutes ago, teamfatboy said:

Yep, two flights in the morning, two flights of three-lift and a bench-only in the afternoon.

Long day - lifting from 10:00 - 5:30p.m. But worth it, some stunning lifts by novices. The Stephens brothers were great, Nesi and Wade are a team to be watched. 

Next comp's March 19th at Hastings Fitness Centre - expect to see the Monsters of the East warming up for the CD Champs.

Oh, and Big Ethan Foote from Hastings is in the  Slingshot Pro Deadlift at the Arnold Sports Festival in Ohio this weekend:

http://arnold.usapowerlifting.com and 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19kgecJ8TsRscanvViQYvrUY3_-k7EsLsQRL55avLqo0/htmlview?pli=1# 

Monday morning NZ time.

I think he's looking to pull 368kg or something. A huge lift. Then again he's a huge guy. Will be watching for sure if I'm not on a callout. Has that Hastings venue been finalized because I contacted the other day and it hadn't been yet

22 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I think he's looking to pull 368kg or something. A huge lift. Then again he's a huge guy. Will be watching for sure if I'm not on a callout. Has that Hastings venue been finalized because I contacted the other day and it hadn't been yet

He said he's going 362.5 or 365 as a second attempt so I'm guessing he'll try 370+ on a third all going well. Massive pull. Squat suit seems to work really well for his Dead which is odd given he's a tall, conventional puller.

Soz for derail lol.

Looked like a good comp btw, solid lifting by novices, they'll be ones to watch in a couple years time for sure.