Beginner, need tips and guidance

Garodo20

Hi guys,

I started doing stronglifts 5x5 at home and I've been doing it for 1 and a half month now. I don't have much time to go to the gym so I bought myself a second hand power cage and 100 KG Olympic weight set with 7 ft Olympic bar so I can do it at home. I'm currently 71 KG at 5'5 tall and wanted to be around 65 KG. I'm tired of being fat, weak and no energy almost all the time. I also have a big belly (not too big) that I wanted to get rid of and I ended doing stronglifts because of my goal to loose fat and weight, be strong, fit and healthy.

I've been reading and reading a lot of articles and guides on the internet and watching tons of videos on how to do everything and to do the proper form. I've been practicing them lately but because of these heaps of reading and watching, it made me confused with so many things specially the dieting part. So here are my questions and I hope you could help me all PROs out there.
1. Is 65 KG too light for my height while doing stronglifts? Btw, I don't want to be a very big, bulky ripped guy. I just wanted to have a toned athletic body.
2. On my rest days, can I do cardio or ab workouts or bicep curls? Because based on stronglifts, I should let my body rest from lifting heavy 3x a week.
3. Do you guys know a good diet program too loose weight specially belly fats while gaining muscle and Is it alright to drink whey protein (Optimum Nutrition)? This part is very hard for me, counting calories, and that macro thing and also counting protein grams, etc etc.
4. lastly, do you guys know any good App to monitor calories of foods, protein, fat and carbs? Like what that Matt Ogus guy been using from youtube: 

I still have a lot of questions but for now those are what I need for some PRO advice. I will still keep reading and learn more things about lifting and dieting. I hope you can help me and point me to the right path!

Cheers!
Garodo

1 hour ago, Garodo20 said:

Hi guys,

I started doing stronglifts 5x5 at home and I've been doing it for 1 and a half month now. I don't have much time to go to the gym so I bought myself a second hand power cage and 100 KG Olympic weight set with 7 ft Olympic bar so I can do it at home. I'm currently 71 KG at 5'5 tall and wanted to be around 65 KG. I'm tired of being fat, weak and no energy almost all the time. I also have a big belly (not too big) that I wanted to get rid of and I ended doing stronglifts because of my goal to loose fat and weight, be strong, fit and healthy.

I've been reading and reading a lot of articles and guides on the internet and watching tons of videos on how to do everything and to do the proper form. I've been practicing them lately but because of these heaps of reading and watching, it made me confused with so many things specially the dieting part. So here are my questions and I hope you could help me all PROs out there.
1. Is 65 KG too light for my height while doing stronglifts? Btw, I don't want to be a very big, bulky ripped guy. I just wanted to have a toned athletic body.
2. On my rest days, can I do cardio or ab workouts or bicep curls? Because based on stronglifts, I should let my body rest from lifting heavy 3x a week.
3. Do you guys know a good diet program too loose weight specially belly fats while gaining muscle and Is it alright to drink whey protein (Optimum Nutrition)? This part is very hard for me, counting calories, and that macro thing and also counting protein grams, etc etc.
4. lastly, do you guys know any good App to monitor calories of foods, protein, fat and carbs? Like what that Matt Ogus guy been using from youtube: 

I still have a lot of questions but for now those are what I need for some PRO advice. I will still keep reading and learn more things about lifting and dieting. I hope you can help me and point me to the right path!

Cheers!
Garodo

1. dont worry about the weight, just work towards how you want to look as that is your goal. scale weight is irrelevant compared.

2. i used to do biceps and triceps on the off days from 5x5, and sometimes abs too, was fine. if it gets too much, bring it back.  youll be fine

3. there isnt a special diet to lose fat, and you  cant specially lose fat from your stomach. more on 4)

4. Get the myfitnesspal app, track every single thing you eat. start a journal on this site and post up your training and diet, youll get some good input on what to change.