Powerlifting comps { all feds }

Skeletor

On 2/18/2016 at 11:57 AM, maccaz said:

i never once considered IPF specifically because all the powerlifters i know/knew at the time that i decided to find a competition were doing gpc or whatever (realtalk, jimmybro, beastbuilder on here + guys in real life) 

nothing to do with drugs

On 2/19/2016 at 4:08 PM, Skeletor said:

My ultimate goal is to lift as much weight as possible which means I'll be using wraps. The only reason I'm only in sleeves at the moment is because I have a very personal goal of hitting 3 x bodyweight squat in sleeves first which probably seems stupid to everybody else but it's something I've wanted for a long time so I'm going to do that first. GPC will be for me .  I also prefer benching on my toes. Whether or not people use performance enhancers ,banned supplements ,pharmaceuticals or smoke the green stuff means little to me and is none of my business. I respect every Powerlifter. 

thats nice,but with all due respect the IPF is the bigger fed.If you have never used steroids with your numbers you would most likely be very close to making the NZ team if you decided to do the relevant competitions.Dont quote me on that though,i dont follow the opens close enough to be sure.But i know your numbers are big.

using the reason you dont know anyone is not a good reason in my book.im pretty introverted myself,but going to a meet with no support made me introduce myself to people i would never normally talk to.Ive met some pretty cool people.plus you are talented.people will come up to you.

12 minutes ago, stalkers said:

thats nice,but with all due respect the IPF is the bigger fed.If you have never used steroids with your numbers you would most likely be very close to making the NZ team.Dont quote me on that though,i dont follow the opens close enough to be sure.But i know your numbers are big.

Bro you sure you haven't got me mixed up with someone else? My numbers aren't big lol. I just want to compete in a few comps , meet some people, have a good time and lift the most weight I can . I have no preference on feds and it really just comes down to when I can get the time off work. . But like Maccaz says most of the people I know through here and on Facebook are all GPC. End of the day what does it matter what fed someone's in?  We're all doing the same 3 lifts.

no i havent got u mixed up with someone else and its your call anyway.i just thought i would do my good deed for the decade and aware you that you are up there.hehe not a big deal here when id hazard a guess and say 95% of the regular posters here in this particular forum are internationals.lol.all the best with your comp.

2 hours ago, stalkers said:

no i havent got u mixed up with someone else and its your call anyway.i just thought i would do my good deed for the decade and aware you that you are up there.hehe not a big deal here when id hazard a guess and say 95% of the regular posters here in this particular forum are internationals.lol.all the best with your comp.

Thanks man..   appreciate it.

4 hours ago, stalkers said:

that feel when you realise you are in the bottom 5% training rat style

NZPF is pretty sweet, I never competed but have mates thst did and it was a great.

i always trained to IPF rules. 

Since moving to Melbourne where there is a lot more comps available(GPC Nz wasn't around when I was in Nz) to me it makes sense to join capo and GPC just because I can do many single lift comps too and there is no problem competing under different federations.

Another bonus is I can bench with my heels up, what feels amazing :-D Just choose what suits you best.

the platform is cool. You can't argue with white lights, definitely cements your pbs as pbs, no arguments

On 3/8/2016 at 6:56 PM, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

that feel when you realise you are in the bottom 5% training rat style

lols without even knowing who you are,i dare say you are probably better than 95% of regular gym goers.The standard on this forum is very  high.Ive represented once at masters level and im pathetic compared to the godzillas here.