Powerlifting comps { all feds }

Skeletor

Lol f*ck was just about to link the calendar pic, all good glad you found it.

Any NZPF or UPANZ comps are likely on their websites or else you're in Central Districts yea ? Could pay to check the CDPA Facebook page for any NZPF comps in the area.

In regards to wraps and sleeves, you can wear sleeves in GPC comps, you don't have to wear wraps, but just be aware that there won't be any difference shown results wise if you use wraps or sleeves, both are counted as Raw for GPC.

NZPF is only sleeves, as soon as you put wraps on you'll be Equipped against guys in Suits and Shirts.

UPANZ have a Raw which is sleeves, Raw Plus which is wraps and Equipped which is Suits, Shirts and Wraps etc.

dont feel like you have to wear wraps because everyone else in the fed is.

i know a guy over here that lifts in sleeves in wraps competitions (he was gonna do pro raw 7 in sleeves before he got injured)

just need to accept that you will be at a disadvantage but if sleeves is what you enjoy lifting in then wear sleeves. not like theres a 50k prize if you win so if you hate wraps dont wear em.

also there are other things to consider in different feds like whether they drug test or not (not saying thats relevant for you but just to consider) and the rules differences.

for calendar, like jackson said, best to follow them on facebook or message them on facebook and they can point you to the list of upcoming omcpetitions

2 hours ago, BeastBuilder said:

UPANZ have a Raw which is sleeves, Raw Plus which is wraps and Equipped which is Suits, Shirts and Wraps etc.

I believe Upanz raw Is nothing on the knees 

Raw plus is anything on the knees - wraps or sleeves 

At least that was the capo ruling, could be wrong now 

Just now, Skeletor said:

So with the GPC one on April 16th it says members only . Could I join GPC and still do that? Buy then by joining GPC does that mean I couldn't do the novice nzpf comp in palmerston in June because I would be a member of GPC. Is that how it works. 

Why wouldn't you be able to do the nzpf novice comp if you're a gpc member? As long as it's your first novice comp I don't see why this would be a problem

As long as no one who is currently serving a ban from NZPF (Or any IPF affliated association) competes at the same comp in April you should be fine. That's really the only grounds that you can be disallowed on unless they want to be pricks.

And yea once you do one Novice comp for NZPF that's it forever, you'd have to be a member to compete again with them.

2 minutes ago, stalkers said:

i thought its pretty obvious why steroid users from GPC arent allowed to compete with us.Skeletor if you have never taken any performance enhancing drug that aids your strength then the IPF is for you.

What if he wants to squat raw with knee wraps and he is drug free... Then Ipf is not for him or anyone else wanting that, because they have no such class.

40 minutes ago, stalkers said:

i thought its pretty obvious why steroid users from GPC arent allowed to compete with us.Skeletor if you have never taken any performance enhancing drug that aids your strength then the IPF is for you.

FFS not this guy again.. What if he uses preworkout supplements, smokes weed occasionally or wears non ipf approved undies? There are many reasons other than PEDs why someone might choose to lift in other feds..

My ultimate goal is to lift as much weight as possible which means I'll be using wraps. The only reason I'm only in sleeves at the moment is because I have a very personal goal of hitting 3 x bodyweight squat in sleeves first which probably seems stupid to everybody else but it's something I've wanted for a long time so I'm going to do that first. GPC will be for me .  I also prefer benching on my toes. Whether or not people use performance enhancers ,banned supplements ,pharmaceuticals or smoke the green stuff means little to me and is none of my business. I respect every Powerlifter. 

2 hours ago, HarryB said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ipf approved undies :)

Lol you laugh but it happens..

Literally my very first comp (NZPF) I didn't realize there was any requirement for underwear so wore cotton tight boxer breifs with legs, you know the type, anyway gear check etc runs late and by the time I got in to get all sorted I didn't have time to go to shop or anything and had to cut my boxers into undies otherwise I wasn't allowed to lift...

Fucking retarded especially for a first time lifter when I'm obviously not wearing Squat Breifs and hadn't been told different.

Should have known what the future would hold from that lol.

But yes agreed many more reasons than purely PEDs as to why people would compete for a different fed. It may be why some people do but to say that's why literally everyone does is just naive.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so can't do the IPF comp in March because I can't get anyone to cover my callouts but can do the GPC regional qualifier in April at Miada gym .  Joined GPC today but just need to sort my flights and accommodation to Auckland.  Is it 24 hour weigh in or just on the morning . If it is what time do they do it the day before normally?  

The weigh-in time on the Friday morning starts no earlier than what the comp is going to start on the Saturday. Hence 24hr weigh in. Most comps kick off at 10am so weigh in on the Friday won't start earlier than 10am. If it does it's wrong unless the comp is starting earlier on the Saturday. Then there is a weigh in Friday night whatever time whoever is running it decides I guess. Then morning of... If comp starts at 10am weigh in usually 8-9am then briefing at 9am. If you turn up sat morning don't turn up at 855am to weigh in like everyone else. That's how comp runs late cause you need to do rack heights after weigh in and people just come late when they ain't even travelling from anywhere and it pisses me off cause comp doesn't start on time. 

Awesome me to hear you're locking it in bro!