New High Protein Bread

Arab_Carter

1 hour ago, Arab_Carter said:

Tip top just released a new version of their bread with extra protein. Here is the website for more info: http://hi-proteinbread.co.nz/

The lin-seed version has 11.2g per 2 slices, which means a couple of tuna sandwiches would make 56g of protein in one meal. Countdown selling 2 for $5.50

may be 56g protein but also the gross factor of tuna sandwiches comes into play there lol

each to their own

Any idea what the other nutritional stats are? If being higher protein also means it's lower carbs, that could be quite an interesting point of difference.

Unfortunately Toptip seem to be having trouble with their website - several pages don't work, and the nutritional specs PDF helpfully informs me "This is a test PDF document. If you can read this, you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer." :-p

Thanks for that, Arab_Carter. So it seems the carbs are pretty much on par with normal bread. That being the case, I'm not sure I'd bother with this bread - I suppose it all adds up, but I'm shooting for 250g protein each day anyway, so an extra 5g isn't going to be much help. I'd rather get my protein intake through meat, and then just choose my bread based on taste (ie, Vogels!)

How did you get the protein in there?

We added plant based protein from oats, soy (and linseed), along with the protein that is already in the bread from wheat. These natural sources contribute to the final protein amount of 10.2g per serve in the oat variant, and 11.2g per serve in the soy and linseed loaf.

So it's probably not the greatest in terms of protein quality, either.