Patellafemoral pain syndrome

3 minutes ago, BeastBuilder said:

Unsure on what kind of pain your exactly talking about as I'm a broscientist and don't do amazingly with long words such as patellafemoral syndrome lol.

Where is your pain located ? The patella tendon I gather but below the patella ? Above ? To the side ?

And what does it hurt doing ?

Haha broscience. Yeah man its below the patella. Ive read it could be tight quads but no matter how much my quads seem stretched doesnt seem to work. Oh and its mainly during the day while walking around, Once i get into my working sets on squats it doesnt seem as bad. I just wanna get rid of it the best i can.

3 minutes ago, Spencer Lavill said:

Haha broscience. Yeah man its below the patella. Ive read it could be tight quads but no matter how much my quads seem stretched doesnt seem to work. Oh and its mainly during the day while walking around, Once i get into my working sets on squats it doesnt seem as bad. I just wanna get rid of it the best i can.

Well if you can rule out tight Quads as the culprit then it sounds like inactive Glutes so too much load is going across your knee in a bad way.

Work on activating them using little exercises like Fire Hydrants, Clam Shells, Hip Abduction Machine etc.

Also could work on your Hip mobility a bit instead of just your Quads to ensure you get into a good position in your Squats.

Hopefully you can get it sorted bro, living with and trying to work around constant tendinitis is a real bitch.

I get this a lot. Mostly I can keep it in check by doing plenty of quad stretches and foam rolling (especially down the outer sweep of the quad, and down by the knee).

I saw a sports doc about it a couple of years ago, and he also gave me this program:

http://sportsmed.net.nz/patient-info/knee/hsr-patella-tendon-program/

The combination of stretching, rolling, and HSR training fixed my knee amazingly well. This was an ongoing pain I'd had for months, and it just disappeared. It was like magic!

Just to note - the key with HSR is to go slow... real slow.