Anyone doing a competition in the Auckland area with NABBA?

jbrauch53

Ive introduced myself already but I'm here for the states on a working holiday visa living in Auckland. I would like to do my first show this year while I'm here if that's even possible. Looks like there might be about 3 shows within a few hours driving of Auckland.

It would be physique for sure.  The classic bodybuilding division that the IFBB (amateur federations will soon follow, NPC in the states already has) is beginning this year is my ultimate goal but to get some stage experience I have more a build fit for physique right now.

Anyone else doing a show? I could use some help with registration and general info, a training buddy whether near or far, and offer some mutual support and motivation.

I have a feeling the fees and grocery expenses for a prep wont go easy on my travelers budget right now but I seriously want to look into competing 

2 hours ago, jbrauch53 said:

Ive introduced myself already but I'm here for the states on a working holiday visa living in Auckland. I would like to do my first show this year while I'm here if that's even possible. Looks like there might be about 3 shows within a few hours driving of Auckland.

It would be physique for sure.  The classic bodybuilding division that the IFBB (amateur federations will soon follow, NPC in the states already has) is beginning this year is my ultimate goal but to get some stage experience I have more a build fit for physique right now.

Anyone else doing a show? I could use some help with registration and general info, a training buddy whether near or far, and offer some mutual support and motivation.

I have a feeling the fees and grocery expenses for a prep wont go easy on my travelers budget right now but I seriously want to look into competing 

Physique in NABBA isn't the same as Physique in IFBB... 

1 hour ago, jbrauch53 said:

Cant imagine it being that much different?

Hah! Not only do NZIFBB and NABBA call the same categories different things, in some cases they use the same names to describe completely different categories. Furthermore, there's two organisations using the name NABBA - and even they offer different categories too! Confused yet? You should be!

Boardshorts:   NZIFBB Physique = NABBA-WFF Fitness Model (NABBA doesn't have an equivalent)

Skinny with undies:   NZIFBB Classic Physique = NABBA Athletic = NABBA-WFF Athletic

Big with undies:   NABBA Physique class = NABBA-WFF Physique = NZIFBB Bodybuilding

There are still some differences in the judging criteria, but that's more or less how the classes match up. At least, I think it is...  :-p

So, which class are you thinking of doing?!