T3 Worth it?

ratz99

This effective as a tool while cutting. If you're on a restricted calorie diet and you're stalling with your fat loss, you can use t3 to continue the fat burning process. It is however quite catabolic so hopefully you're using some type of steroid at the same time to counteract the catabolic nature of both dieting and adding t3. 

It's better than clen because your body doesn't attenuate to it in the same fashion however... you can get extremely lean without either of those things so make sure your nutrition and cardio are on point first. Or you'll be taking t3, steroids and everything else and be getting nowhere at all :) 

Well its related to how long you use it imo. I've always kept my dosing low and to a maximum of 4 weeks at a time and I've not noticed an issues when I've stopped using it. But that's me. I've known people who have used thyroid meds for months on end and they have had massive issues. But usually they are taking a combination of drugs for long periods of time and so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what has caused the issues. I know women who now have to take thyroid for the rest of their lives. Now I could say it was due to them abusing thyroid meds and their own thyroid production being non existent but that's probably a question Daz could answer much more comprehensively. 

6 hours ago, maccaz said:

are you taking AAS also?

Going to be bro. Long story short I stopped gyming about 6months ago and getting back into it now, but I want to be lean as f*ck before I bulk and try keep it as clean as possible. 

So to summarize, not recommended unless on some aas. Just wanting to speed things along little I guess. It all depends on if I can get some first, at this stage its all hypothetical. Proving difficult so far. 

Thanks for the replies guys.

So for comparisons sake. How much better than clen would you say it is? Ive found clen so far to be somewhat overrated. 

Could I ask what kind of condition you were in when you used clen? Often people are well out of shape with pretty relaxed eating habits and so clen makes little to no difference in their conditioning. Both clen and thyroid meds are extremely good at burning those last bits of bf BUT!!!!!!! they will not work if you are not doing everything else required to get lean. 

It's like taking a shitload of gear but not eating enough to support growth and/or not training hard enough... you're going to be disappointed. 

That or your clen was fake :) probably fake lol 

I have a few notes on T-3 that may be helpful:

Important to keep protein intake high, 250- 350g a day. T3 is catabolic but with ASS and high protein muscle losses can be kept to a minimum. Can also add in clen, ECA stack etc if you so wish.

See if you can find out if there is any history of hypothyroidism hyperthyroidism in your family, if so then T3 is a no no. Chances are you will be fine but as you well know everytime we put something into our bodies it carries a risk which I don't have a problem with but I also like to minimise the risk as much as possible.

You will need T3  an 'in ear thermometer'

One week before starting the T3 take your morning temperature as soon as you wake up (while still in bed) for 7 consecutive mornings (record in notebook). These will be your base readings.

Start T3 at 50mcg per day for 2 days then stop for 2 days then on for 2 days then off for 2 days and so on and so on. You needs to keep measuring your temperature daily and if after 7 days your temperature is not 0.3-0.6 higher than your base readings then increase T3 by 25mcg. If after another 7 days your temperature is still not higher than 0.3-0.6 then increase the dose by another 25mcg. Very unlikly that you would have to go above 125mcg.

So you are measuring your temperature each day, when your temperature drops 0.6 celsius below your base readings for 3 mornings in a row it is time to stop using the T3 as your body has begun to down regulate it's own thyroid production. You needs to keep measuring your temperature on a daily basis every morning (still in bed!) and once your temperature has reached it's average base readings again the thyroid has recovered fully. Normally this will take 2-4 weeks depending on the individual.

With this method a rebound (putting weight back on) is unlikely as your own thyroid has only been marginally suppressed. Once your temperature has reached your average base readings you can start the whole procedure again.

T3 is best taken on an empty stomach (better absorption rate) in the morning and then wait 30mins before eating.

On 28 January 2016 at 7:30 PM, HarryB said:

Well its related to how long you use it imo. I've always kept my dosing low and to a maximum of 4 weeks at a time and I've not noticed an issues when I've stopped using it. But that's me. I've known people who have used thyroid meds for months on end and they have had massive issues. But usually they are taking a combination of drugs for long periods of time and so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what has caused the issues. I know women who now have to take thyroid for the rest of their lives. Now I could say it was due to them abusing thyroid meds and their own thyroid production being non existent but that's probably a question Daz could answer much more comprehensively. 

100% agree. But what would you consider low dose? 25mcg and under? That's as much as anyone needs to do in my opinion and if you think you need to do more, well you've got some issues. 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off is a good theory as well, because this is meant to REGULATE thyroid, not completely replace its function.

I would listen to Harry and not someone with the username aTrollAppears. Maybe he's got credible knowledge most of the time, but 50mcg off the bat is completely unnecessary.

On 28 January 2016 at 3:31 PM, I Declare War said:

@HarryB what are your thoughts on withdrawl / bouncing back after using it. Have you experienced any negatives?

As Harry said, it's generally related to know long you've taken it for and more often than not, in larger doses. In this case, you'd need to taper off which is relative to how long you were doing it for in order for your thyroid to come back into its own.

A lot of the time though, it just happens from people coming out of a show, stopping the T3 and eating like shit and they're looking great for 3 weeks with surface veins then 3 weeks later they wake up one day and they're amazed  at how fat they've got. Yeah, the T3 would play a role, but that's mostly a discipline factor.

Interesting that you know people who have to use thyroid medication permanently now, Harry. I've only ever heard of one case. Do they give them T4 or T3 for thyroid replacement?

T4 thyroxine is the one and yeah I know 5 women who have to take it permanently. As for dosing I'm all for the least needed. Seeing as you'd generally work out how much you need based on morning body temperature then I'd start at the lowest dose and work up if needed. Atrollappears is daz and he's technically one of the most informed posters here. I don't always agree with dosing but he has done his research :)

5 hours ago, HarryB said:

T4 thyroxine is the one and yeah I know 5 women who have to take it permanently. As for dosing I'm all for the least needed. Seeing as you'd generally work out how much you need based on morning body temperature then I'd start at the lowest dose and work up if needed. Atrollappears is daz and he's technically one of the most informed posters here. I don't always agree with dosing but he has done his research :)

Didn't know it was Daz so wasn't sure if it was a legitimate post. I think 50mcg is just too much to go on straight away. By all means potentially work up to it but as you implied,  the less the better

Hi... I've previously discussed the above T-3 protocol starting at 25mcg's, it was at that time considered by others to be on the low side, hence the recommendation of 50mcgs.. I know of patients in their 80's on T-4 25mcgs/day..

Like anything it can be person / size/ BF% dependent..

Levothyroxine (T-4) is prescribed in NZ to patients with reduced thyroid function..

• 1 year later...
On 1/29/2016 at 5:39 PM, atrollappears said:

I have a few notes on T-3 that may be helpful:

Important to keep protein intake high, 250- 350g a day. T3 is catabolic but with ASS and high protein muscle losses can be kept to a minimum. Can also add in clen, ECA stack etc if you so wish.

See if you can find out if there is any history of hypothyroidism in your family, if so then T3 is a no no. Chances are you will be fine but as you well know everytime we put something into our bodies it carries a risk which I don't have a problem with but I also like to minimise the risk as much as possible.

You will need T3  an 'in ear thermometer'

One week before starting the T3 take your morning temperature as soon as you wake up (while still in bed) for 7 consecutive mornings (record in notebook). These will be your base readings.

Start T3 at 50mcg per day for 2 days then stop for 2 days then on for 2 days then off for 2 days and so on and so on. You needs to keep measuring your temperature daily and if after 7 days your temperature is not 0.3-0.6 higher than your base readings then increase T3 by 25mcg. If after another 7 days your temperature is still not higher than 0.3-0.6 then increase the dose by another 25mcg. Very unlikly that you would have to go above 125mcg.

So you are measuring your temperature each day, when your temperature drops 0.6 celsius below your base readings for 3 mornings in a row it is time to stop using the T3 as your body has begun to down regulate it's own thyroid production. You needs to keep measuring your temperature on a daily basis every morning (still in bed!) and once your temperature has reached it's average base readings again the thyroid has recovered fully. Normally this will take 2-4 weeks depending on the individual.

With this method a rebound (putting weight back on) is unlikely as your own thyroid has only been marginally suppressed. Once your temperature has reached your average base readings you can start the whole procedure again.

T3 is best taken on an empty stomach (better absorption rate) in the morning and then wait 30mins before eating.

Can i ask why you shouldn't take t3 when you have a hypothyroid? it is my understanding that t3 is often prescribed to patients with hypothyroidism.

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, M4matty said:

anyone taking t3 at the moment?just interesting to here how people are going on it,ive never taken it myself,dun clen before f*ck that shit got my heart moving like a parkinson meth addict

LOL @ parkinsons meth addict.

I've gone off the idea of ever trying it eh. I had great results just actually sticking to diet etc then some light clen usage once i'd gotten quite low bodyfat.

Also interested though to see if anyone is using at the moment though, and what with (e.g. AAS, clen, ec stack etc).

yeah same bro good diet does it aye,stay away from the booze and the whores hahaha i hav to anyway coz they drive me to the drink lol.I hate low carb diet though bro f*ck i get to angry,but yeah ive had a few bros who took t3 they dun allgoods on it.that frank zane bodybuilder he lived on it aye f*ck and he looks mean.

12 minutes ago, M4matty said:

yeah same bro good diet does it aye,stay away from the booze and the whores hahaha i hav to anyway coz they drive me to the drink lol.I hate low carb diet though bro f*ck i get to angry,but yeah ive had a few bros who took t3 they dun allgoods on it.that frank zane bodybuilder he lived on it aye f*ck and he looks mean.

haha yeah man especially the booze right :-D 

Something interesting regarding why it might be prudent to take a ratio of T4 + T3 together to best promote anabolism:

Thyroid status also influences IGF-I expression  in tissues, 

When we take GH for long at high enough dosage  it lowers Thyroid levels but we need T3 to keep our GH receptor levels optimally upregulated. 

In addition, many of GH anabolic effects are engendered as a result of production of IGF-1, so keeping our IGF receptors upregulated by maintaining adequate levels of T3 seems prudent...

GH induced rises in IGF-I stimulates proliferation,  whereas T3 is responsible for hypertrophic differentiation. 

So it would seem that in some tissues, IGF-1 stimulates the synthesis of new cells,  while T3 makes them larger  

BUT 
The conversion PATHWAY is involved, and not the simple presence of T3  so T4 is needed, because the deiodinases  and hGH increase exogenous T4 conversion of T4 to T3 and this is what makes it Anabolic.  

It actually regulates various T(3)-dependent functions in many tissues including the anterior pituitary and liver 
So when there is an excess of T3 in the body, but normal levels of T4, the bodys thyroid axis sends a negative feedback signal.,  and produces less deiodinase which signals the cessation of the T4-T3 conversion process, 
and is inhibitory of many of the synergistic effects that T3 has in hgh/igf.       

High intake of T3 inhibits anabolism  and synergy of Hgh/Igf  while accurate dose and at the right Ratio with T4 make it anabolic.

Tyrosine (Thyroid T4) is a Insulin receptor stimulator, basically is like turning on the switch to the insulin receptor,  increasing Insulin Growth Factor (IGF) response and nutrient uptake.

High bcaa consumption, high hGH intake, high tren ace intake.. all those deplete tyrosine so we must play with the ratios.

There are even smarter pharma grade companies that already produces tablets where in one single tab you have both T4 and the T3 as 100+20mcg...