Protein  Powder And a belly

T-Mac

I am new to building muscles and gym . I am following a work out programme . week 2. My question is I am 85kgs and 178cm tall and have a little bit of belly , Do I get rid of that before adding whey powder after my work out or will it do no harm to just add it now. And same question with fish oil now or later.

Also what whey powder there seems to be a lot.

Thanks in advance.

If you add a post-workout shake to your diet now, just make sure to count the impact on your diet, deduct it somewhere else. 

When picking a protein powder, avoid the mass-gainers, they're full of carbs which won't help shift the belly. They'll often have the word mass in the name, but the calories and carbs give them away.

Most of the brands on sale are good quality -  Eatme is a good Kiwi company but Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize, Gaspari, or even Horleys and Balance aren't bad.

3 hours ago, T-Mac said:

I am new to building muscles and gym . I am following a work out programme . week 2. My question is I am 85kgs and 178cm tall and have a little bit of belly , Do I get rid of that before adding whey powder after my work out or will it do no harm to just add it now. And same question with fish oil now or later.

Also what whey powder there seems to be a lot.

Thanks in advance.

What teamfatboy said. 

RE: fish oil, I would take now. Be sure to take plenty 8,000mg twice a day will be sufficient for general health, skin and joints. 

Fish oil is rich in omega 3 which is anti inflammatory whereas omega 6 which is commonly found in everyday foods (like olive oil) is inflammatory. It's important to supplement omega 3 for this reason. Inflammation causes illness and  immune system issues. 

However Not all inflammation is bad as it has be shown to be a key factor in muscle tissue repair. So try take fish oil away from a workout.