Protein intake while building vs maintaining

muscle99

Would like to know whether protein intake should remain the same during bulk-build vs cutting. I have always used one gram of protein per pound of lean bodyweight per day. I'm not really asking how much protein one needs but whether it should remain the same during a bulk and build. Just as when I'm cutting I would rather extra carbs to fuel my workouts rather than making up say a low calorie day of 1500 with protein calories I don't really need. Hope this makes sense.

1 hour ago, maccaz said:

why the fck would you be eating 1500 calories a day 

bro you're going way too intense on this and are setting yourself up for failure. stick to the basics

Too intense, is there such a thing? I will be having clean refeed days every four to five days. I had low calorie days down to 1200 with refeed days and lost 20kg down to 8 percent in next to no time and kept it off until I stopped training and hit the piss. All good man don't stress lol

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 5:01 PM, BeastBuilder said:

General rule is higher protein when cutting vs when bulking

This is the general rule when carbs and fats are low as your body will convert protein to glucose (gluconeogenesis) 

If you have adequate fats then this isn't such a big issue. 

PS why does everyone think 1500 is super low? You're natty? Don't wanna do heaps of cardio? You've done it before and it worked well... yeah I don't get why people think there is a mandatory number. It's different for every individual. I personally think people generally want to cut on too many cals cos cutting cals is hard work. "I'd never go that low, I'd feel too shit".... ummm yeah dude that's kind of how cutting is :)