Strength/recomp cycle

bang_bang

2 hours ago, bang_bang said:

Went in last night intending to hit 190 touch and go and possibly give 200 a nudge but it wasn't to be. Was struggling to get 100kg down to my chest, stupidly kept pushing on and absolutely fried my forearms on 160, 8/10 pain couldn't even grip 15kg dbs to do some flys afterwards. Bit of a bugger must have injured them on Saturday without realising. They felt fine at the time.

Weighed 108.8 tonight. Feeling not too flash at all, heats absolutely killing me i can't sleep or do anything really. My girlfriend ends up on the couch most nights due to my snoring lol. Sweating like f*ck every time I eat or touch a weight and just generally feeling like a slob. Definitely time to drop some weight. I find my deadlift improves when I drop weight so I want to focus on that for awhile. It's the only lift I haven't pb'd this cycle. 

Bench from Saturday, bit quick on the press but got two whites lol. Was expecting it to be a big grind if I got it at all so took the gamble and went as soon as it stopped on my chest

In on snoring gains. Im having crap sleeps cos mrs keeps telling me to stfu when i snore. Sick of it. I snore when im skinny too but not as bad 

Squats 

140x5

160x3

180x1

200x1

add soft training wraps

200x1

220x1

230x1 pb 

230 came up all good but I was fucked so left it there. Bloody hard work using wraps. Forearms were sore as from rolling them up and was puffed by the time I'd wrapped myself. Had a real hard time unracking/reracking and walking out. I can see the benefit of a mono now. Will squat with a helper and some spotters next week. I think 240 is there. 

Leg press

6pps 5x12

extensions/leg curls 5x15

I have to say some of the judging was rather poor at the comp from videos I saw. On the other hand I guess it was a struggle just to get judges perhaps. Will be better judging at nationals I hope. But two whites are two whites.

what are the training wraps are you using? I don't roll my wraps up I just wrap then as spaghetti. Waste of energy bro.

Blue slingshots bro. I don't get much out of them maybe 10kg. Oh ok you obviously don't have any trouble getting them tight enough? I'll try that next week. This is all new to me. I was rolling them up with a bit of tension. Couldn't grip the bar hard afterwards my forearms are fucked atm 

I don't wrap my knees very tight bro i don't like not being able to feel my feet and calves. had my knees wrapped by someone in Vegas and was a fkn disaster. Way too tight. Was limping out to the platform. Each to their own in regards to tightness and same goes for wrapping methods. I'm not expert I'm actually novice as to wraps just like you. I dislike them like you too. But to be competitive in gpc you gotta use them so that's why I do it. Much same as you feel I imagine.

on knee wraps:

gotta find sweet spot between too loose and too tight. too tight and its just shit imo, hard to get  depth etc. too loose and may as well not wear them. will come with practice. im starting to feel the right spot.

macho fgts that brag about wrapping peoples knees so tight bla bla is just lame, no points for tightest wrap lol.

on rolling them up tight, id say dont bother. i see people do it and iv tried it myself and dont really notice a difference.

i roll mine up loosely just so i can hold it in my hand rather than get tangled with spaghetti, but key is to crank em on tight. dont need them tight in the roll to crank em tight imo.

Bench 

120x5

forearms toast. 

Machine chest press 

2pps 3x10

incline db flys

15kg 3x12

cable flys 

3x15

Ab crunch machine

5x12

Forearms are fuckin annoying. Not gonna bother benching for awhile it just makes them flare up and I can't do anything else.

Been slack with pinning last few weeks only done one every 6-7 days. Just gonna run a ml of test for 6 weeks then start a 12 week blast for next meet. Weighed 109.8 today. Want to get down to at least 102-3 before I start next prep

Deadlifts

220x1

240x1

260x1

280x1

Stiff legged deads

120x10x3

Ran out of time 

Glad to get that monkey off my back and stoked with my form. Kept my shape off the ground instead of doing a ugly stiff legged rounded back deadlift like I used to. Made huge progress with my form. Maxing out my squat with the lads on Saturday then into some proper training next week lol. 

Friday did arms.

Saturday did lats and core, had a few drinks friday night so decided not to squat till monday. Got some worn wraps off Jackson to use so hopefully i'll get a bit more pop out of them.

Having a rest day today, weights been floating around 110 all week, starting diet tomorrow lol

Squats

180x3

200x1

220x1

240x1

everything felt easy and light on my back, I think 250 was there. Took me ages so decided to do accessories tomorrow. So that wraps up my heavy training for this cycle.

Squat 180 to 240

bench 140 to 180 (would have done 190+ if wasn't injured). 

Dead 230 to 280

Obviously most of that was covering old ground but hit 10-20kg all time pb's on all lifts. Recomp part of cycle didn't go so well but yolo I'm a PLer lol. I put on 13kg in 12 weeks with little fat gain. 

2-4 cheese toasties, I put about 150g chicken in each one.

1-2 uncle bens express rice and chicken.

dinner can be anything, usually go to gfs parents. Also raid their fridge its a goldmine in there.

ice cream and some chocolate finds its way in there most days.

When i'm not going full potato I aim for high carb, moderate protein and low fat