Strength/recomp cycle

bang_bang

Had a quiet last few days, done a bit of mobility, core work  and played around practicing my deadlift set up otherwise just been resting up for tomorrow as I'm testing openers/seconds.

The plan coach set out is to go 210/225, 155/170, 245/255. I want to go a wee bit heavier but ill see how I feel. Everything seems to feel a bit lighter at my gym I suspect the plates are a bit light so adding 5kg would realistically be sticking to the plan lol. 

back pic is from my last eq cycle, I wasn't particularly lean my waist was 32-33 it's currently 35-36. Looking forward to dropping some fat after this meet and seeing how it looks now. I think I've added a bit more size,  I was only on 600mgs then. 

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, Terrymundo said:

what ever happened to the calve growth crusade you went in like a year or two ago?

Same as every other Calf Crusade anyone does.

Starts Monday lasts till Thursday, Friday night comes around and he realized that bitches only care about a disgusting Arm pump in an Extra Medium Tshirt and can wear jeans to cover his childish lower Legs.

Then he became a powerlifter as an excuse, and no cares about Calves since.

His missus has enough Calves for them both so he's safe lol

15 hours ago, Terrymundo said:

what ever happened to the calve growth crusade you went in like a year or two ago?

Lasted about 5 weeks of the 8 week programme, turns out i'm willing to do anything to make them grow except train them consistently..

6 hours ago, BeastBuilder said:

Same as every other Calf Crusade anyone does.

Starts Monday lasts till Thursday, Friday night comes around and he realized that bitches only care about a disgusting Arm pump in an Extra Medium Tshirt and can wear jeans to cover his childish lower Legs.

Then he became a powerlifter as an excuse, and no cares about Calves since.

His missus has enough Calves for them both so he's safe lol

Fuark that harsh truth lol.

She never trains them and complains her calves make her quads look small.. Life is so cruel sometimes

225 squat felt ok pretty slow but prob another 5-10kg there.

Benched 160 and it flew up, went 170 and was a bit too casual about it. Dropped it wayyy too fast it literally almost bounced off my chest before I paused it lol. It knocked the wind out of me and almost stalled halfway up but the way 160 is moving there I'm still confident 180 will be there comp day.

255 deadlift I jerked off the floor, I have no idea how or why I've never done it before. It strained my neck it's a bit stiff and sore on the left side. Otherwise it moved ok I guess. 

So yeah I hit the required numbers but was really unhappy with my form esp on bench and deads. Hopefully I can bring my a game on the day 

Just stuck 2.5ml in my quad. Missed a pin last week because I wasn't game to do my delt again and the only time I had pinned my quad I was limping badly and had a rash for a week. I didn't want to risk it happening again and not being able to do tonight's session. My mate had a bad reaction off that gear too so hoping like f*ck it was a once off. I'll find out tomorrow I guess

Bench

140,150,160,170 x 1

Good long pause on 170 and it came up fairly smooth. I really want to have a crack at 180 at comp. Might have been able to grind it out today. I should be a bit stronger on the day but I'll also be using calibrated plates.. 

Arms

close grip 100x10x3

easy bar curls 3x10

db curls 3x10 

pushdowns 3x12

ran out of time so cut it short. Arms were super pumped already the dbol is starting to do its thing. Only been on it for 2 days as it got lost in the mail so I've jumped straight onto about 40mgs. Double what I used last time but I'm only using it for 9 days. 

Boring few days, did 20 sets each of bis and lats tonight. Cbf logging. Other than that only done mobility, practiced some light deads, light bench and core. 

Dbol has hit me like a tonne of bricks, I've put on 2-3kg already. Feeling quite lethargic, sweating easily and short of breath. Hate to think what my blood pressure is. I'm quite disgusted by the sight of myself lol I'm an absolute bloated mess.

On the plus side I'm bigger, heavier and stronger than ever. Feeling pumped all the time, get that tight skin feeling if I tense any muscle. Feels good brahs

Came down with a head cold on Wendesday, haven't been sick for a year or two and can't recall ever getting sick in summer so i'm pretty pissed off but not much I can do about it. Feeling a bit better today so i'll still compete but I doubt i'll be at my best. Haven't been able to eat enough but still weighed 108 last night. Hopefully I can still put something decent together might just have to be a bit more conservative with my attempts.

18 minutes ago, bang_bang said:

Came down with a head cold on Wendesday, haven't been sick for a year or two and can't recall ever getting sick in summer so i'm pretty pissed off but not much I can do about it. Feeling a bit better today so i'll still compete but I doubt i'll be at my best. Haven't been able to eat enough but still weighed 108 last night. Hopefully I can still put something decent together might just have to be a bit more conservative with my attempts.

my short term fix to get rid of head cold symptoms for a few hours is pseudoephedrine + a long hot as possibly shower. get cleared up real nice for like 6 hours, just long enough to do your comp lol

A bit dissapointed with my effort yesterday, was still sick and it was stinking hot which seems to sap my strength but oh well they are just excuses. I still pb'd squat, bench and total. squat 210/225/235 miss. Bench 165/172.5/180 with more in the tank, really surprised by this. Deadlifts just weren't there, was feeling pretty buggered by this stage. 240/250/260 miss. So ended up 655kg @ 107.75 4th place overall. Just going to lift some heavy ass weights and not follow a set programme for now. My 750kg goal is looking a longgg way away at this point so going to run the dbol for another few days and try hit some gym pb's this week to get my confidence back up.

Went in last night intending to hit 190 touch and go and possibly give 200 a nudge but it wasn't to be. Was struggling to get 100kg down to my chest, stupidly kept pushing on and absolutely fried my forearms on 160, 8/10 pain couldn't even grip 15kg dbs to do some flys afterwards. Bit of a bugger must have injured them on Saturday without realising. They felt fine at the time.

Weighed 108.8 tonight. Feeling not too flash at all, heats absolutely killing me i can't sleep or do anything really. My girlfriend ends up on the couch most nights due to my snoring lol. Sweating like f*ck every time I eat or touch a weight and just generally feeling like a slob. Definitely time to drop some weight. I find my deadlift improves when I drop weight so I want to focus on that for awhile. It's the only lift I haven't pb'd this cycle. 

Bench from Saturday, bit quick on the press but got two whites lol. Was expecting it to be a big grind if I got it at all so took the gamble and went as soon as it stopped on my chest