Strength/recomp cycle

bang_bang

Thought I'd start a cycle log to get some more interest in this part of forum and keep myself accountable.

I'm almost 28 and my best gym lifts are 225/180/272.5 @ 105kg. 

My goal is to hit 250/200/300 in sleeves under 100kg by July.

Ive done several cycles since I was 25 all either test/eq or test/deca. Used dbol once for 4 weeks. I've just had almost 5 months off. After 4 months off I hit 190/150/240 @ 101kg. I then did a quick aggressive cut to drop some fat before starting this cycle. Lost about 10kg off my lifts and got to 97kg. 

Started a new cycle a month ago, the short term goal is to get back to my pbs at a lighter bodyweight. I'm using 600 eq  500 test e per week and I'm already 103kg lol. I will run this for 15 weeks, cruise or come off for 8 weeks then blast for 12 weeks leading up to my goal. Considering using tren for that blast but will decide closer to the time. I'll then take the rest of the year off and try to get my natural test production kickstarted. 

I've hired a coach to help achieve my goal and I've already seen huge improvements in my form. Trainings a bit boring sticking to prescribed weights but feeling good and looking forward to some big gains. I took some pre cycle photos which are a bit embarrassing but I'll upload them soon to keep myself motivated. 

Bench + extra arm work

140x3x3 all paused and easy. 

150x1 paused. Wasn't programmed but couldn't resist. 160 is there. 

All arm work was supersetted.

5x15 cable curls/ 5x15 pushdowns

5x10 bb curls/ 5x10 skullcrushers

5x15 1 arm cable curls/ 5x10 dips

Felt good got a mean pump. Vascularity starting to come through 

Extra legs+ core

meant to do front squats after deads but the program is only 4 days so I do it separately plus a bit more volume on other stuff 

front squats 

60x10 80x8 100x6 110x6 120x6

Strength was there easy form was just a bit sloppy cos I haven't gone heavy on fronts for ages. 

lunges

40kg x 20 steps x 3

leg curls 3x10

ab roll outs 3x12 

planks x3 

went away for the night and ate a heap of junk food, weighed 105.3 ?

Cheers bros.

squats 

180x2x2

185x2x2

paused squats 

140x3x3

roll outs 3x12

felt shit today it was 30 degrees and I've been on lowish calories last few days. Was quietly hoping to go up to 200 but wasn't happening today. All reps were pretty slow but never in doubt. 

6 minutes ago, bang_bang said:

Cheers bros.

squats 

180x2x2

185x2x2

paused squats 

140x3x3

roll outs 3x12

felt shit today it was 30 degrees and I've been on lowish calories last few days. Was quietly hoping to go up to 200 but wasn't happening today. All reps were pretty slow but never in doubt. 

strong bro. these in wraps or sleeves?

Front squats

60x10

80x8

100x5

110x5

120x5

130x5

140x1 

all pretty easy, 140 was a pb although ive never tried a front squat 1rm. Would like to hit 4 plates at some stage

lunges

50x 8-10 x3

some random band glute activation squat movement type thing 3x10

ham curls 70x10x3 

Had a couple days off and missed a bench sess to give my elbows/forearms a break. 

Squats

200x1x2

180x2

140x10

pause squats

160x3x3

Ham curls

3x10

really happy with this, 200 flew up I'm quite confident 220 was there. Pause squats nice and easy too so I did longer pauses prob 3 seconds

1 hour ago, bang_bang said:

Had an unusual pin in my delt on Friday, it pissed out with blood and I noticed today it's a bit bruised and sore. Anything to worry about? 

Probably pinned into a spot that was full of oil already if you're pinning frequently in the same spots. If you're not still hurting from it and it's not affecting anything then probably nothing to worry about. However I'd still add your home address just so we all know where to send flowers :)

Deads

220x1

240x1

260x1

Lats

pull downs 3x10

close grip cable rows 3x12

plate machine rows 3x15

Abdominal crunch machine 3x12

pretty happy with this, wasn't much left in the tank prob another 10kg but it was the best deads have felt for ages. Last heavy deads before meet

Bench 

150x2

155x2

160x2

close grip bench

100x10

110x10

120x10

Db curls 3x10

cable pushdowns/ cable curls 3x10

one arm preacher curls/overhead rope 3x12

Crunch machine 3x12

planks x3 till it hurt lol

all bench sets with comp pauses and easy as. Went a bit off track after this was supposed to a bunch of easy 3s and 4s but flagged it. Feeling strong as f*ck. Added in 25mg dbol ed today. Will up this to 50mg ed 5 days out. 

Im going to utilise the next couple of weeks of lighter training by working on my weak points. Train core a few times a week, do lots of mobility work etc. I even thought about training calves today 

Front squats 

120x3

140x3

150x1

160x1

100x8x3

leg press  5ppsx12x5

leg extension / ham curls 3x15

Easy front squat pb. A mate came over after work with a massive joint so ended up going to gym high as f*ck. Wasn't too bad got a bit paranoid though so kept my rest breaks short and got a real good pump. Kept accessories light because I'm testing openers/seconds in a few days