NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudonym

Apps for powerlifters?

Powerlifters, what apps do you use to track your progress? I've been using Wendlerised for my 5/3/1 program, and frankly, I'd be lost without it. Way too much maths for me to bother doing manually.

However, I'm thinking of changing programs, so that means changing apps as well. It seems like most guys change their powerlifting programs on a semi-regular basis. Is there one app that tracks and calculates everything?

My mate uses a program his coach gives him but enters it into an app. Il find out what the app is called. 

I just have my program in a txt file and view it on my phone or sometimes when i remember print it on paper. 

It depends if the program you will be following has a dedicated app (there is a 5x5 one, a sheiko one, a smokov one that i know of) or not. If not it may be more time than its worth entering it into an app from the medium you receive it in

That's also partly why I'm asking, @Northland Powah. I've been wanting to add more features to the Workout Journals section for years (if anyone remembers our Workout Builder, that was always meant to be the first phase of something bigger). So yep, I'd love to do this. Probably not any time soon though.

27 minutes ago, maccaz said:

James set it up so the camera can see the end of the bar on the ground then itll work better. Its cool to use on squats too 

Yeah bro will do these are old videos in my library before I had app. Was just playing around with it. 

18 hours ago, Northland Powah said:

I just stumbled upon this app. It looks simple and specific for power lifters. 

http://www.intensityapp.com/ 

Very, very interesting. Did you just randomly discover that? It's actually written by a NZer.

Looks to me like the app's still in its infancy. It doesn't seem to calculate your weights, for instance? But I think it's got potential, for sure. I might see if I can get in touch with the guy for a chat...

I did a Facebook sign-in and it was fine. But there were a few other quirks that seemed a bit buggy. I think this is probably version 1.0... Looks promising, though. Watch this space, I guess.

37 minutes ago, Pseudonym said:

I did a Facebook sign-in and it was fine. But there were a few other quirks that seemed a bit buggy. I think this is probably version 1.0...

I hit up the designer on book face and he sorted it. Was to do with the character symbols in my name. 

Pretty much sorted it straight away GC looks mint going to play around with it. 

4 hours ago, jimmybro1 said:

Was to do with the character symbols in my name.

Yes, well. No surprise really, when you have such a foreign-sounding name as yours... Is that the Welsh pronounciation? :-p

7 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Yes, well. No surprise really, when you have such a foreign-sounding name as yours... Is that the Welsh pronounciation? :-p

I am of welsh - Scottish decent ? 

On 19/01/2016 at 1:57 PM, Pseudonym said:

It doesn't seem to calculate your weights, for instance?

Correction: after further playing with the app, I can confirm it does tell you what weights you should be doing, eg on a program like 531. It is quite basic though - it just prepopulates the data for each set, so it's as though you've already done the lift. Haven't yet seen how (or if) it handles deloads.

In terms of 531 apps, I do like Wendlerized. It has it's own quirks too, but it is very clear and easy to use, and there are customisable settings for everything.

On 19/01/2016 at 2:18 PM, jimmybro1 said:

Gym Brett Gibbs trains at?

I don't think Gibbs trains there anymore, but yeah it's the same Gym (Powerhouse).
Video is of Josh Tukua, guy got bronze at worlds last year in 83kg class competing alongside Candito and Owen Hubbard, he's an absolute beast.

Been using the Sheiko app for months now. Like Pseu would be lost without some direction.

There's 2 on the playstore worth looking at. The official app is about $15 the one I use does pretty much the same but way more easier to follow was about $3 or free if you have the cut down version demo.

Worth a look if you like Sheiko templates that is.

6 hours ago, M.T said:

Been using the Sheiko app for months now. Like Pseu would be lost without some direction.

There's 2 on the playstore worth looking at. The official app is about $15 the one I use does pretty much the same but way more easier to follow was about $3 or free if you have the cut down version demo.

Worth a look if you like Sheiko templates that is.

I was thinking about getting the sheiko one. Would you recommend the free/cheap one over the official MT? 

18 hours ago, Northland Powah said:

I was thinking about getting the sheiko one. Would you recommend the free/cheap one over the official MT? 

Depends NP. The official one has some really nice features like tracking volume and lift % and way more detail and info for you to analyse and break down.

For me I just want the numbers I need to lift so the cheap one works fine. Has limited numbers so #29, #29v2, #30, #31, #32, #37, #39, #40 I think the official has a few more?? but I haven't actually used it.

The free version only has #29, #37, #30 which tbh is all you really need to condition, build, peak . The rest are just variations of the 3 rules of sheiko so you have to find the combination that works best for you.

I'm trialing 29/37/32 for CD's in April. i'll change that up for Nats unless it works well.

Little bit off tangent but I rate this app to answer the thread.