Protein powders a scam?

muscle99

I regularly watch the hodgetwins YouTube videos. They were saying that some protein powders don't have any where near the amount of protein stated on the package per serving. Anyone heard of this before or know what products are dodgy?

15 minutes ago, muscle99 said:

I regularly watch the hodgetwins YouTube videos. They were saying that some protein powders don't have any where near the amount of protein stated on the package per serving. Anyone heard of this before or know what products are dodgy?

some got called out a long time ago for not measuring accurately but that was a while ago.. 

hodgetwins are idiots though, didnt they go vegan? lol

Some brands got caught out for "Amino Spiking" which is basically adding cheaper amino acids to the protein powder which count towards the protein content on the label through nitrogen testing but obviously your body doesn't process or use them the same as proper protein.

Some by as much as 60% of the claimed content on the label.

Inner Armour and Giant Sports are two brands that got caught out that spring to mind off the top of my head.