maccaz 2018 prep log

maccaz

solid weekend of recovery. girlfriend is sick so i took opportunity to sleep/watch movies all weekend  as didnt have to go do anything,. living the dream lol. 2x 10 hour sleeps friday and saturday as well., ate a lot of food. feel good for this week

got a good deal from loaded lifting on ricochet knee wraps, long wrist wraps, soft suit.

never really used wrist wraps before so hopefully they help,. although my wrists have never been too bad.

Wookie w8d1

Bit slow today for what was supposed to be speed reps but oh well. Got it all done. Good form good depth. Atg.

Bench press

Bar x lots

70 x 10

90 x 5

100 6x2 

Squat

70 x 10

100 x 5

120 x 5

140 x 1

160 3x3 

190 3x3 in wraps

Done

W8d2

39 degree day in melbourne so gym was an oven. Trying to heal calouses so used straps too so everything was much harder than it needed to be. Only positive is i got all my lifts but very hard and demotivating. 

Strong doms from last night but thays the norm for deadlift day cant blame that. 

Deadlift

70 x 5

120 x 5

150 x 3

170 x 1

200 x 1

225 x 1

240 x 1 rpe 10

220 x 2

200 x 4

160 2x4

Sumo sldl

140 2 x 8

Dead

Just now, Realtalk said:

What bar you deadlifting with at your gym?

Texas deadlift bar. 

Made a breakthrough grip wise a few weeks ago but as a result shredded my hand skin so trying to rest/heal it. 

That bars like cheese grater to my pussy computer hands 

Dude... your lifts were hard cause they're heavy and it's hot, and you're not comp peaked. 

What did you hit in the gym leading up to your last comp? What would you have hit in your 3rd attempt if your grip hadn't failed?

Demoralising.... not.

16 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Dude... your lifts were hard cause they're heavy and it's hot, and you're not comp peaked. 

What did you hit in the gym leading up to your last comp? What would you have hit in your 3rd attempt if your grip hadn't failed?

Demoralising.... not.

yeah fair enough. you're right

wont get mad until i miss lifts (wont happen)

10 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

It's good to train with that bar bro your hands gets used to it. When other people's hands ripping on their second yours still be sweet after 3rd for a 4th cause conditioned to the tough bar.

what dates comp?

yup agree, that was the idea anyway, i dont ever use other bars any more as most people at my gym train on stiff bar then use texas for maxes but i use texas all the time so closer to comp condition i guess as well. so texas bar is always available

3rd april so 3.5 weeks. by end of this week all going well il be very confident on big pbs on all 3.  got  none of the niggles i had last prep so doing good.

6 minutes ago, MK said:

I train on the ironedge power bar(stiff) and the 3 comps I done on the Texas, it's a lot different, thinner bar, longer I think, feels weird, throws you out a bit.  Def good to learn how to use it properly in training IMO 

yup i didnt like how the first little bit is easy as the bar bends then you hit a sticking point as plates leave ground but now i dont notice.

not sure on flight start time man il let you know, be good to catch up

4 minutes ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

Hmm isn't the extra whip to help build momentum or is that bro science?

i guess bro, not 100% sure

i know its a noticeable difference, so bendy that when i set up and tighten up the bars already bending a bit.

i guess its that feeling where you can pull it a bit and think its coming up before the plates even leave the ground lol, i could get prob 1cm of bar movement with even 500kg on the bar

W8d3

Feeling bit run down and crap but allg kinda got it done. 

Bench (all pause )

Bar x lots

70 x 5

80 x 3

90 x 1

100 x 2

115 x 1

127.5 x 1 pause pb but will review video as it sunk into chest a bit  

Slingshot bench (had to use slingshot too big for me as others were in use so it was loose and didnt give me as much as last time)

130 x 3

140 x 1 (needed 3. Failed 2nd rep. Bugger)

120 x 9 (amrap. Rpe 10)

Db bench

34 x 8

40 x 8

34 x 8

French press

30kg 2 x 20 

Post video when mate sends me. Need to check if pause was ok before i get too excited. At very least i dont think it was a bouncy tng. 

Sore 

W8d4

Perfect session in classic maccaz style bad circumstances.  Had a call out at work so slept 3am-550 am and was buggered all day. Gona work hard to avoid that for the next 3 weeks till comp and commit to 8 hours a night. Anyway no need for excuses cos i nailed it.

Used new ricochet knee wraps

Squat

70 x lots

120 x 5

150 x 5

170 x 1 in wraps to get feel for new wraps

200 x 2 easy

225 x 1 easy

237.5 x 1 pb. I wont say easy but iv done plenty harder squats in my life lol

210 x 4

No wraps 180 2 x 4

Post video of 237 when mate sends to me tonight. 

Walking lunges x lots meh was toast just went through the motions on these for lots of lengths of gym with 20kg dbs

Stoked !! Far from perfect sleep and life factors whole prep but still nailing it. 

237.5/127.5/240 in training this week. Not fully comp standard but significant pbs anyway. Thanks jono for all your help. Feeling strong 

5 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

Easy but possibly high. You got a good crew there get someone to judge your depth.

Yeah man agree. Gonna make sure i nail depth on test day next week. Not like going a couple inches deeper would have made me fail it so just stupid mistake. All good

W9d1

Nice and easy

Squat

Bar x some

70 x 8

120 x 5

150 3x3

180 2x3 in wraps 

Practice holding breath fir walkout . Too easy. Helps heaps 

Bench (pause, speed )

Bar x lots

60 x lots

70 x 2

95 8x2 

Practice leg drive and good long pauses

Done . Going to pick up beast builder from airport now stoked pro raw weekend this weekend. Few people from my gym competing in the strongman/woman too so gonna be epic weekend.