maccaz 2018 prep log

maccaz

1 hour ago, bang_bang said:

Damn those squats look brutal. High rep squats are the hardest thing you can possibly do in the gym imo. Followed by deficit deadlifts.

yeah bro its a big mental battle, i got a spotter for each set not to actually spot me just to yell at me if i started bitching out, atmosphere helps a lot on these kind of mental ones where physically its doable but just feels shit

W8d2

Bench press (all paused)

bar x lots 

70x5

80 3x15 

bb row 

70 3x15 

band press downs 

red band x 300 reps total 

db curl 

10 sets to fail at various weights between 15 and 20kg . Aimed for 15 reps each set but fell a bit short on some sets 

cg bench 

60 5x20 

pump 

35 minutes ago, maccaz said:

W8d3 

legs so so rooted from tues but got it done 

squat 

70 x 8

120 x 5 

150 x 12 

140 x 12 

140 x 12 

deadlift 

70 x 5 

120 x 5 

140 4x10 

walking lunge 

5 lengths with 20s 

abs x not enough 

ded 

How many days since those 20 reps?! Lmao

18 minutes ago, trainlikeafreak said:

How many days since those 20 reps?! Lmao

2, killer. That's as programmed as well but I guess ideally would have slipped a rest day in between. Was tough. Last week of these crazy shenanigans and next week less volume more intensity 

heres 150 x 12 last night. i gotta start filming deadlift  cos they are starting to look really good with less gut interfering witth my start position. will film some next week

in these squats my legs and hips were so tight from doms that depth was tough, so chest was down a little.  wasnt opening my taint enough lol. no biggie though i know the cause and its not a usual thing. 

W9d1 

bw 110.0 

general life stress quite high so sleep not great etc so thankfully training is going well. 

Squat 

bar x 10

70 x 10

120 x 5

140 x 1 

170 x 10 

170 2x8

130 2x10

deficit dead 

140 3x5 

no accessory as have a late meeting. Happy with those squats, don't think I've done a heavy 10 in sleeves before 

W9d2

bench (all paused)

bar x 5 

70 2x5

90 2x12

80 x 12 

wouldnt have got a third 12 @ 90 

bb row 

70kg 5x15 

band press downs for triceps

250 reps x red band 

db curl

20s 3  x lots 

15s 3  x lots 

12.5s 3 x lots

just  dropped weight as the reps started getting ugly 

bb curl 

20kg 3x20

done 

W9d3

hopefull dodged a bullet injury wise today.. 

Squat

70 x 5

120 x 5 

140 3 x 12

deadlift 

70 x 5

120 x 5 

150 4x 10

on last set of 10 deadlift felt an electric shock down my right leg and pain in glute and outer hip, pins and needles in foot. Gently rolled for a bit and was painful as sitting down to drive home. 

After half hour hour pain has settled down heaps and doesn't seem to be any damage. Can feel something happened but it's not sore. 

See how it feels tomorrow, this kind of shit is scary lol I don't wanna have to take time off for injury 

8 hours ago, maccaz said:

W9d3

hopefull dodged a bullet injury wise today.. 

Squat

70 x 5

120 x 5 

140 3 x 12

deadlift 

70 x 5

120 x 5 

150 4x 10

on last set of 10 deadlift felt an electric shock down my right leg and pain in glute and outer hip, pins and needles in foot. Gently rolled for a bit and was painful as sitting down to drive home. 

After half hour hour pain has settled down heaps and doesn't seem to be any damage. Can feel something happened but it's not sore. 

See how it feels tomorrow, this kind of shit is scary lol I don't wanna have to take time off for injury 

Sounds like nerve issue bro, that's what those feelings would indicate.

Hopefully not a trapped nerve, doesn't sound like it is otherwise it'd still be sore as f*ck and pins and needles in your foot etc, might have just been out of line position wise and clipped it or something.

Fingers crossed you all good !!

4 hours ago, BeastBuilder said:

Sounds like nerve issue bro, that's what those feelings would indicate.

Hopefully not a trapped nerve, doesn't sound like it is otherwise it'd still be sore as f*ck and pins and needles in your foot etc, might have just been out of line position wise and clipped it or something.

Fingers crossed you all good !!

Thx bro. Little bit of pins and needles just in my big toe now so I'm gonna get it looked at. Thankfully what feels like source of the pain is not spinal more like outter hip 

still cant train. tapering off the painkillers as they are monging me out badly. had first pain free nights sleep last night. using standing desk at work so no pain during the day.

can do full squat and dead ROM with no weight with no pain.

only issue now is when i sit down/sit in car i have to keep all weight off my right glute or it gets really sore. im talking last night had to pull over on the freeway with hazards on and get out and stretch my legs because pain was so bad.

so guess its healing, just slowly.

might go bench tonight with feet up if i can get someone to load plates for me as i dont wanna bend over and pick them up etc.

Miracle recovery. No painkillers today. Stretched rolled and felt sweet. 

Bound to catch some hate for this but i squatted yolo and kept going as long as no pain. All in sleeves. 

Partly because I wanted to and partly because it was squat party type situation in gym and everyone was going heavy. 

In any case, as far as squat goes, I'm healed. Deadlift might be another story I'll give it more time. 

Kept back and side spotters close in case of any sudden f*ck ups but all went well. 

Squat

70 x 5 

105 x 1 x 3 

125 x 1 

155 x 3 

180 x 1 

205 x 1 

all good. 

Personal life situation has changed quite a bit and from tomorrow I'm gonna have a lot more time and $ on my hands (no need for dear diary in here) so will be throwing myself into training and career gains for a bit, hopefully get strong some time soon! 

6 minutes ago, HarryB said:

Tren. ... lol life throws shit sometimes best thing is to flip it the bird and keep on rolling :)

Haha no tren in a long time mate. 

You were prob right I blamed shit on it and once tren gone same issues there and now I'm better off.