maccaz

w4d2

bench press

bar x 5

60 x 5

80 x 5 

95 x 8

95 7x6

all easy as. bench is feeling very strong atm.

cable row

72kg 5x15

for arms im not really tracking it anymore but i do maybe 20 sets on biceps and 20 sets on biceps, mix the movements and weights up, keep reps 10-15 with the odd amrap thrown in. just smash them for ages until pump is crazy.

db side raise

10kg 5x10

cable side raise 

9kg 5x10

done, upper body pump was real, pic from straight after session below, body weight is a squeeze under 109 and im leaning up as much as possible before the volume comes down and im aiming to let myself slowly get to 113 or so then water cut for 110s. diet has been perfect for a while now.

note very flattering angle etc but arms have grown heaps lately, im glad.

IMG_4093.PNG

1 hour ago, Realtalk said:

Solid work itt.

thx bro. new gym is real good for motivation, they all train hard AF and dont really f*ck around at all. few guys been doing PL for 20 years or whatever so got a lot of random wise shit to say. key one lately been "dont be a fucking pussy with accessory work, make it hard, its as important as the main lifts" so i been trying to do that and kill myself on accessory work and it seems to be paying off.

W4d4 

close grip bench

60 x 6 

80 x 6 

90 x 6

105 x 6 

90 6x6 

wide grip pulldown 

72kg 5x15 

db shoulder press 

25 x 10 

20 5x10 

then a long time super setting triceps and biceps around 12-15 rep sets maybe 20-25 sets. More than usual cos it's def paying off in my benching 

W5d1 

start of "strength phase"

was 38 degrees today and gym is not air conditioned so was tough but fun  

squat 

65 x 10 

105 x 5 

125 x 5 

150 4 x 8 

135 x 20 

leg press 

200x15 

300 3x10 

200 x 15 

Hamstring curl

3/4 stack 5x15 

ab rollout 

5x15 

w5d3

bench press

bar x 5

70 x 5 

85 5x8

pendlay row beltless

70 x 12

100 x 12 (bit ugly, never really done these)

70 5x10

then biceps, triceps, and side raises until i was done, same as usual, lots of sets of 10-20 reps, various weights.

w6d2

body weight is 108.0 flat. with diet cleaned up a bit i should sit at around 106-107, and will do a water cut for the first time to be u100 on 30th april for competition.

today was squats, sore throat, earache, headache, blocked nose, didnt affect me just got it done, stoked.

this is last week where i dont get to wear knee wraps. from next week il be using them for half my top sets for 3 weeks, then after that for all top sets. i am going to learn to crank them as tight as possible, so when i have them done very tight for me in competion it isnt a shock. in saying that, this time i wont be a pussy and if coach wraps them so tight that im not gonna squat well, ill take em off and wrap myself which isnt a problem.

squat

bar x 10

65 x 10

105 x 5

145 x 5

165 4x8 (video of first set below)

deficit deadlift

120 3x5

leg press

200kg 3x30 (30 reps is bloody brutal regardless of weight)

hamstring curl

3/4 stack 6x15

ab wheel

5x15

done

May as well get someone at your gym to wrap for you in training then just get the same person do it at the comp... that's what I'd do. The person who writes your program doesn't need to wrap your knees.

if you're going to wrap yourself its worth noting you can't get them near as tight as  when your coach does it so if gonna wrap yourself will be a shock regardless. You just can't keep the leg straight and get the leverage to crank them as hard as someone else will. I have thought I was cranking in training, like doing as hard as I could. Then when someone did it I was like wtffff. You know the feeling lol.

everyone is just like harden up but that's stupid. You gotta condition yourself to it in training. It's exactly the same if you rip your hands open on the opening deadlift, do they think if you just harden up if won't impact your following deadlifts lol.

Also if you're squatting to depth  and getting passes that are boarderline but passes nonetheless if you throw a real tight wrap into your already boarderline squat is potentially going to be high. Think about it man want to see you squat well

2 hours ago, Realtalk said:

May as well get someone at your gym to wrap for you in training then just get the same person do it at the comp... that's what I'd do. The person who writes your program doesn't need to wrap your knees.

if you're going to wrap yourself its worth noting you can't get them near as tight as  when your coach does it so if gonna wrap yourself will be a shock regardless. You just can't keep the leg straight and get the leverage to crank them as hard as someone else will. I have thought I was cranking in training, like doing as hard as I could. Then when someone did it I was like wtffff. You know the feeling lol.

everyone is just like harden up but that's stupid. You gotta condition yourself to it in training. It's exactly the same if you rip your hands open on the opening deadlift, do they think if you just harden up if won't impact your following deadlifts lol.

Also if you're squatting to depth  and getting passes that are boarderline but passes nonetheless if you throw a real tight wrap into your already boarderline squat is potentially going to be high. Think about it man want to see you squat well

yeah good point, i got a couple guys that can wrap me tight, will do.

w7d1

squat

65 x 5

105 x 5

145 x 5

165 3x6 (sleeves)

165 4x6 (wraps)

deficit deadlift

130 5x3

leg press

350kg 3x20

ab wheel 3x15

first week back in wraps. felt good, happy. normally few few weeks back in wraps are ugly as, but this is not bad.

this is set 6 of 7