2016 Goals

Skeletor

4 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Just a general comment as it's so long since l have had any comments on any of my posts or any conversations l have felt that there is little l have to say that is of any interest here.

Why would you say that? 

I'm sure some people appreciate your posts,  around nutrition etc. 

Or is it cause Gymrats left :P jks 

12 minutes ago, jimmybro1 said:

Why would you say that? 

I'm sure some people appreciate your posts,  around nutrition etc. 

Or is it cause Gymrats left :P jks 

Haha most of my nutrition info goes straight over people's  heads here!

Given up on Gymrats posts and where he posts long ago, it never ceases to amaze me how anyone finds it interesting, it's just same old same old.....

2 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Just a general comment as it's so long since l have had any comments on any of my posts or any conversations l have felt that there is little l have to say that is of any interest here.

Totally interested in what you have to say/esp nutrition gee no doubt. 

Be cool maybe if you brought up some "over our head " nutrition topics cos the Gyzz diet gets a little tedious :)

17 hours ago, Bruce Al said:

Totally interested in what you have to say/esp nutrition gee no doubt. 

Be cool maybe if you brought up some "over our head " nutrition topics cos the Gyzz diet gets a little tedious :)

Gyzz diet is basically a normal human diet with extra protein lol.

• 11 months later...

How'd everyone's goals for 2016 go ?

Was just thinking the other day about what I wanted to do this year and remembered this thread.

I'll start us off, my goals were:

Goals for 2016 -

Reach a new PB bodyweight (Would be cool but not too much of a priority lol)

Total 855kg+ at ProRaw

Be able to let training take a back seat and focus on other aspects of life

Visit 12+ different countries 

So I managed 3/4 of these.

I reached an all time high bodyweight of 121kg (Over double my starting bodyweight) in March this year.

I didn't get 855kg total, I went 832.5kg going 7/9 lifts (295/212.5/325, missed 305 Squat due to stumble, and 342.5 Dead due to dropping it cos my hand opened up). Will definitely happen and more in 2017 guaranteed.

I have definitely been able to focus on other aspects of life rather than just training through shifting countries, travelling a lot, setting up a Personal Training and Online Coaching business. I still managed to compete amongst all of this.

I have so far visited 15 new countries in the last 12 months, so definitely achieved this one, and it has been insanely eye opening and made me realize how big the world is and the variety of stuff that a lot of people miss out on by getting comfortable sitting at home.

On 12/16/2015 at 6:53 AM, jimmybro1 said:

Goals would be recovery from injury and and sticking with recovery program. No real number goals just want to continue being consistent and injury free for the year which would be an accomplishment for myself. 

Also so have a few career goals and have been given the opportunity for plenty of travel within and aboard of New Zealand so balancing things out side of work is going to  be 2016s real challenge. 

Looking forward to it 2016s is going to be a year of plenty opportunities. More focus outside of the gym than in it. 

I didn't manage to remain uninjured this year but not major injures which is a positive.

Training definitely took a back seat this year with career being the main objective. Managed to work on four different sites throughout New Zealand and Australia. Presented to the client and took lead roles in project management. Also managed to purchase my first home where all my time and energy is going at the moment.

Unfortunately didn't manage any travel outside of Oceania this year.  

• 2 weeks later...

Early 2016 I was around

-180x2  gym squat sleeves/belt

-130x2 gym bench (only dubbed once ever) 132.5 comp

-220x2 gym deadlift 220 comp deadlift

2016 goals:

-squat 200 with sleeves/belt in gym

-140 competiton bench

-240 competition deadlift 

December 2016

-195x2 gym squat 

-145 comp bench, 150 gym bench in elbow sleeves 

-240x2 gym deadlift 242.5 comp deadlift

So pretty much nailed it. Deadlift has had great gains over the last 1.5years after been in a rut, found what works ⚪️⚪️⚪️