2016 Goals

Skeletor

Just been looking back over the last year's training and would have to say it's been the most enjoyable year I've had since i started lifting weights.  I'm stronger than ive ever been and managed to add a good 40kg to my total. The programming has been great fun (especially the last 2 months doing the wookie training) and it's really got me hungry to reach a couple of new goals next year. I've also been lucky to meet a lot of other Powerlifters and follow their training which always gets me motivated.  So I've made a goal next year of reaching a training total of 700kg at or around 83kg  ( currently 660kg in sleeves) and that's going to be my main goal. 2nd goal is definitely enter a comp to get my feet wet.  Now I know a lot of you on here have had a very good year to so what are you most happy with as far as achievements this year and what do you want to achieve in 2016. Fire away. 

10 minutes ago, Bruce Al said:

What is Wookie Training?

Ive seen it mentioned in the trainining journal forum and noticed a member on here is called Wookie.

Programming written by Wookie. I believe Realtalk has now taken over a lot of it.  Got some good gains off my program as has a lot of others and definitely something I can recommend if you are willing to put in the work

45 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Programming written by Wookie. I believe Realtalk has now taken over a lot of it.  Got some good gains off my program as has a lot of others and definitely something I can recommend if you are willing to put in the work

So by 'programming' you mean test e? Last i heard the going colloquialisms for steroids was 'gear' or 'juice'. Interesting info.

22 minutes ago, BAE said:

So by 'programming' you mean test e? Last i heard the going colloquialisms for steroids was 'gear' or 'juice'. Interesting info.

What?   Programing meaning scheduling of the 3 lifts, sets, weights and reps over an extended period of time.  What a strange thing to say

Proud of my lifting this year, especially my squat and bench, not so much my deadlift lol. 

Proud of the continual growth of GPC and the new lifters of great talent we keep uncovering, as well as the improvements of the existing members. 

Goals for next year is 2000lb+ raw total, place well at the world champs and Proraw , 300kg equipped bench would be nice.  Continue to grow GPC especially in our newer regions like Christchurch, Wellington and New Plymouth.  

Hoping to have another kid next year so that trumps everything else lol 

Happy with getting back into competing again, can thanks GPC NZ for the opportunities.

Happy with how well taking the plunge in letting someone else programme and diet me went.

Happy with the PBs across the year that came from the above two points and also meeting heaps of like minded people who I otherwise wouldn't have.

Goals for 2016 -

Reach a new PB bodyweight (Would be cool but not too much of a priority lol)

Total 855kg+ at ProRaw

Be able to let training take a back seat and focus on other aspects of life

Visit 12+ different countries 

Goals would be recovery from injury and and sticking with recovery program. No real number goals just want to continue being consistent and injury free for the year which would be an accomplishment for myself. 

Also so have a few career goals and have been given the opportunity for plenty of travel within and aboard of New Zealand so balancing things out side of work is going to  be 2016s real challenge. 

Looking forward to it 2016s is going to be a year of plenty opportunities. More focus outside of the gym than in it. 

1 hour ago, crazyfacials said:

hit the gym more than once a month :)

That's more often than I have been training. 

2016 I'd like to grow some muscles back and get my strength back up to some sort of respectable level. Well I'll settle for just getting back into a regular routine. 

3 hours ago, HarryB said:

That's more often than I have been training. 

2016 I'd like to grow some muscles back and get my strength back up to some sort of respectable level. Well I'll settle for just getting back into a regular routine. 

once a month is my E-stat (so realistically , once every 3 months lol)