howzit

atlarge

long time lurker thought i would sign up finally to participate. consider myself an endurance athlete, as i get older (almost 50) can appreciate being fit and consider it more of a lifestyle. pardon my writing style in advance its pretty informal but hope you understand what i am saying. some interesting stuff in here!   

Hey man thanks. Not much of a runner, I do a little bit in my of season to work out different muscle group and to give myself a break from riding. Kind of a jack of all trades in the cycling world, lately do mainly road riding and mtbing. Come from a strong bmx background which is a great foundation to have when you get older in life. With a good base from bmx racing it makes for easy transition to mtbing or road racing, mainly the bike handling skills from bmx that really help.

I did some lifting when I did just bmx, mainly in off season to work on strength, once season kicks in the only thing that helps is riding and snapping gate starts. In my old age cant afford to get hurt with kids and work, so now just ride road/mtb up to 3 to 400k a week. Want to get back into lifting this winter, not to beef up more for overall core strength.