The Bizzy Diet 21

JT

I read over the comments of this program http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-bizzy-diet.html and there are a lot of mixed opinions...... People saying it's rubbish, the person who put this program together is just wanting to sell supplements and others saying that the workout was good.....

Please go to "Step 1" and look at "Workout A" and "Workout B" because it shows the exercises there then look at "Step 2" which is the workout schedule.

What are you thoughts people of this program in terms of losing fat and getting some muscle so I can look toned?

Kind regards

Hey JT, welcome to Gymnation!

My first thought about that program was that it's certainly big on the shopping list of supplements it thinks you should buy. It then gives you a diet (a very American one... I mean, does any other country eat "turkey bacon"?!) but it doesn't give you any quantities based on individual differences - so a 60kg lifter will be eating the same as a 120kg lifter? That alone rang warning bells for me.

There are also no carb sources in that diet, so it's basically a ketogenic diet (one that uses fat as fuel source). I have no problems with that, but the jury is out on whether it's any more effective than a diet with carbs, and I think programs that are being "fancy" like this one is, should at least tell you what they're doing!

Your diet is at least as important as your training is - some people say more so. So it's worth spending the time reading up on how it all works. You don't really learn anything just by picking up a pre-made one-size-fits-all diet and adopting that - and as I say, that's a bad idea anyway, because one size does NOT fit all.

Have a read of these articles, and then we'll help you put your own diet together....

As for the workout routine, it looks like that program uses circuit training. I'm not the best person to comment on this, but I suspect it's not a very productive way to train. Purely from a logistical standpoint, you're going to find it hard just to line up all the gear you need, and not feel like you're hogging the entire gym.

So in a nutshell... yeah, I think that program's a bit shit!