NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudonym

Cyclist vs toaster

Stumbled across this video today. Not sure whether to post it in the Sports forum, or the Bodybuilding forum. I think I'm more impressed with the guy's physique than anything. Soundsgood, you've got some work to do to retain the Quadzilla title!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4O5voOCqAQ

Forsterman has got ridiculous quads, they've been measured at 29" but they def look bigger than that to me.  

He's pretty strong too - seen a video of him squatting 260kg x 2 at u90kg

That's a superb clip - amazing to see how the power was anchored by those shoulders.  He damn near wrenched the handlebars loose at one point. 

Heart rate at 180bpm is at 95% of max (220-29 (age)) - to sustain that long enough to toast something's insane.  Respect. 

I sometimes see one of the guys who used to post on here and went by Aprilia... that's who this guy's legs remind me of. But with an upper body that matches..

Heart rate at 180bpm is at 95% of max (220-29 (age)) - to sustain that long enough to toast something's insane. Respect.

I'm no physicist, but you have to wonder why he didn't just use a more efficient generator. :-D

holy freakin crap man holding 700 watt for a whole minute thats some crazy shit, olympic track cycling is another level completely mad respect for that! would be interesting to see performance this guy vs someone like sagan or froome up a shorter climb, the watts per kilo is insane

On 5/11/2015, 9:51:47, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

holy freakin crap man holding 700 watt for a whole minute thats some crazy shit, olympic track cycling is another level completely mad respect for that! would be interesting to see performance this guy vs someone like sagan or froome up a shorter climb, the watts per kilo is insane

Foresterman’s mom must have mated with a polar bear, still he would not make it out of the parking lot against the likes of Froome or Sagan going uphill no matter how short the distance. Would be cool to see him race against the super juiced lab rats that came out of the East German track program from the early 80’s era, guys like Lutz Hesslich and Michael Hubner were fricken scary. These guys make Lance Armstrong’s program look like a nun on nodoz.

I have watched Foresterman race and checked out his bike, looks like he is using stock equipment for a which is strange considering how much of a beast he is. The EG guys had custom made solid steel parts because of how much power they would transfer would just snap stock crap.  

That was hilarious! I had no idea they would literally just stop in the middle of the track and eyeball each other!

But you're right about Heubner... in the final seconds as he's powering down to the finish line, he just reminds me of the dog with a mutated myostatin gene, Wendy the Whippet.

wendy1.jpg

Yea Heubner was one of the biggest (size wise) track sprinters ever. His older team mate Lutz ruled the match sprints for long time, Lutz was smaller, but was 10x world champion in that discipline. Heubner had the potential to be as good but liked going out to disco techs a little to much, a bit of a playboy.

Taking that toaster idea to the next level, imagine harnessing all that power put out by people working out on ergometers at the gym. Better yet would be cool if the govt. set up power stations that would provide good paying jobs to unemployed people to help supply energy to the grid, looks like a forward thinking progressive entrepreneur rich dude is working on it, check it out.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/pedal-power-could-solve-the-worlds-energy-crisis-45802/