f*ck the meat, dairy and egg industry

James2133

"Baboumian has been a vegetarian since 2005, and became a vegan in 2011".

Not a lot in his career post 2011, though he did win a European Powerlifting Champs, be interested to see his lifts versus earlier in career?

exactly

if strongmen, powerlifters, etc all performend on vegan diets better than or even as well as, meat eaters, there would be more vegan strongmen or powerlifters

not just this single guy that vegan promoters always bring up

"Baboumian has been a vegetarian since 2005, and became a vegan in 2011".

Not a lot in his career post 2011, though he did win a European Powerlifting Champs, be interested to see his lifts versus earlier in career?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrik_Baboumian

• 2011 4th place at loglifting worldcup (185 kg)
  • 2011 German record in loglifting +105 kg (185 kg)
  • 2011 German Champion and total winner in log lifting -GFSA
  • 2011 German record in beer keg lifiting (13 repeats)[2]
  • 2011 Germany's Strongest Man 2011[3]
  • 2012 European Champion in Powerlifting Class –140 kg division (GPA)[4]
  • 2012 World record beer keg lifting (150,2 kg)[5]
  • 2012 World record Front Hold 20 kg (1:26,14 Minuten)[6]
  • 2013 World record yoke-walk, 550,2 kg über 10 m in Toronto[7]

Im noob but he seems to be doing okay? (not being sicastic)

Hes pretty cute, dont you think?

exactly

if strongmen, powerlifters, etc all performend on vegan diets better than or even as well as, meat eaters, there would be more vegan strongmen or powerlifters

not just this single guy that vegan promoters always bring up

yes but the top ones arnt going to all of a sudden switch to being a vegan when they are brainwashed into thinking you need meat.

You ask the average person who is going to be stronger. A meat eater or a plant eater. With out any evidence they will say meat eater.

If you asked me who would be stronger last year I would say a meat eater. I would say eating plants would result in a lack of protein and your health would deteriorate. Why because I was a fucking noob.

yes but the top ones arnt going to all of a sudden switch to being a vegan when they are brainwashed into thinking you need meat.

You ask the average person who is going to be stronger. A meat eater or a plant eater. With out any evidence they will say meat eater.

If you asked me who would be stronger last year I would say a meat eater. I would say eating plants would result in a lack of protein and your health would deteriorate. Why because I was a fucking noob.

Go start a journal with all your lifts, and a diet log with what you eat.

Spread your liberal bs with actions, not words. Otherwise nobody here will take what you do seriously unless we can see what your training and diet is actually like on a daily basis.

We will still not convert to your cult nor be even slightly swayed into your lifestyle, but if we can see what you do irl rather than keep this thread going, you will come across as a reasonable person with a respectable lifestyle choice, as opposed to a complete wanker.

Go start a journal with all your lifts, and a diet log with what you eat.

Spread your liberal bs with actions, not words. Otherwise nobody here will take what you do seriously unless we can see what your training and diet is actually like on a daily basis.

We will still not convert to your cult nor be even slightly swayed into your lifestyle, but if we can see what you do irl rather than keep this thread going, you will come across as a reasonable person with a respectable lifestyle choice, as opposed to a complete wanker.

That would mean everyone got to see how skinny and weak be is

human-meat2600.jpg

YUMMY

2dln1u0.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqJI1Y-EpgY guys watch this. Do you feel anything? I'm curious. Or is just about the gains? What are the guys working out for, girls, passion, self enjoyment? If you need every ounce of "gains" (from magical meat) to get a girl, I think your doing something wrong and got a fucked up mindset. I think a girl is going to be more impressed by your critical thinking skills. Passion and self enjoyment, at the cost of others? 

We should be doing everything possible to reduce the destruction of the planet. That means going vegan>meat 

Well, if you're really all about doing everything possible to save the planet, all for the greater good etc, culling, say, 1 Billion people should help. Maybe we need another plague?

(mostly) Jokes aside, here's a worthwhile article to look into - http://theconversation.com/ordering-the-vegetarian-meal-theres-more-animal-blood-on-your-hands-4659

Here's the first bullet point to pique your interest;

at least 25 times more sentient animals being killed per kilogram of useable protein

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="?%20There" href="?%20There" s%20more%20animal%20blood%20on%20your%20hands."="">

And really, protein's what it's all about!

Well, if you're really all about doing everything possible to save the planet, all for the greater good etc, culling, say, 1 Billion people should help. Maybe we need another plague?

(mostly) Jokes aside, here's a worthwhile article to look into -

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="?%20There" href="?%20There" s%20more%20animal%20blood%20on%20your%20hands."="">And really, protein's what it's all about!

welcome back sir

solid information as usual

Good article, Phedder!

James, I only skim-read yours, but it seems that the main basis for disagreeing with Phedder's article comes from how much space is required for each different method of farming (eg, grain versus cow).

This popped up in my Facebook feed tonight. Regardless of which side you're on, it seemed quite interesting...

https://www.facebook.com/gary.yourofsky/videos/892932674095315/

Despite my criticism I kind of agree with you, people need to eat less processed/red meat. But I also think veganism isn't the answer because many animal products are just superior.
Chicken/fish/egg life is much more sustainable

I find myself eating less red meat now, too - partly out of ethics, and partly out of cost. The only thing I don't agree with you about is the sustainability of fishing (at least, not in its current form).

I seldom eat white fish, and I now don't eat tuna at all. Admittedly, there are different types of tuna, and the canned variety is the most common, but "most common" is a relative term. The fish stocks of any species are not in great health, and because tuna are nomadic fish, they're notoriously difficult to count. So I figure it's better not to eat them at all - canned tuna tastes like catfood anyway.

I do still eat salmon. My rationale here (rightly or wrongly) is that there's hopefully less bycatch, and given the more predictable migration pattern, it's easier to keep an eye on the stock levels. Being an oilier fish, it also has more health benefits with less environmental impact. Or so I tell myself...

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2015 at 6:10 PM, Skeletor said:

1.3 billion jobs come from animal related products. Im off to do my part to support these men and women by eating a 300gm scotch fillet.

Those jobs will just move to another industry. 

Animal products aren't sustainable nor environmentally friendly. They consume massive resources of food and water to yield so little  in terms of animal products, not to mention contribute greatly to emissions and water table contamination.

You would be staggered by the proportion of emissions and effluent that is produced just per Liter of white milk or kg of beef. 

Watch the documentary cowspiracy, on netflicks if you have it and educate yourself in the matter and draw your own opinions to the industry. 

To many people play pure ignorant to debates like this and just arguments like this. In New Zealand if the dairy industry was  to stop there would be extreme economic issues as dairy export comprises a large proportion of New Zealands economy. But does this mean its ok and acceptable? 

I'm not a vegan or anti meat but I would prefer not to support the industries IMO that are impacting the environment the greatest which are IMO the beef and dairy industry. So I don't consume dairy (avoid it where possible, can be in additives etc) and don't eat red meat (lamb, beef etc).  These meats have also had a stronger correlation to heart diseases but that's not my agenda. 

I do and not support the vegan agenda, but if they want to be vegan they are doing you and I a favor.