f*ck the meat, dairy and egg industry

James2133

A Plant based diet contains all the nutrients the human body needs, minus the negatives of animal products and lack of phytochemicals and fibre from meat.

You do need to supplement with b12.

Besides the fact that you literally contradicted yourself (B12 is an essential nutrient...the fact you need to supplement means that your diet does not contain all the nutrients the human body needs)

It is minus the negatives of animal products but it is also without the vast positives: Animal products are superior sources of macro and micro nutrients.

Let us go deeper into this:

A vegan/vegeterian diet can be absolutely shit with deficiency's, yes, containing chippies coke and lollies.  Thats why you eat a whole plant based diet and supplement with b12.

Just to point out a few

Calcium is better abosbed with plants.

Walnuts contain omega 3. So do flaxseed. Better to eat those then eat the baggage of fish, which contains saturated fat, cholesterol, lack of fiber, and phytochemicals and is linked to birth defects etc.

Vit D, heard of the sun?

We should be doing everything possible to reduce the destruction of the planet. That means going vegan>meat 

Just because some one uses plastic doesn't give them the logic to be like "well because I use plastic then I should go full retard and pollute the sea etc."

Calcium is best absorbed with dairy and egg. Calcium from vegetarian sources are complexed with organic acids, this causes them to form insoluble 'soaps' which hinders absorption. Calcium is not better absorbed with plants, where did you get this?

Walnuts are a good source of Omega 3 but significantly inferior to fish. A 1/4 cup has 2.7g of Omega 3s.

This is two fish oil capsules. I have 10g per day which would be a whole cup of walnuts.

Plus, it is not about omega 3s, it is about 3:6 ratio. Walnuts are 1:1, vastly inferior to salmon which is 5.5:1

Where is your link of fish to brith defects? If this is so, why does WHO recommend pregnant women supplement with fish oil?

Aaaand lol at fish containing poisonous phytochemicals. I think you should google what a phytochemical is....

Vit D, heard of brown skin? People like me don't absorb as much from the sun.

Also... heard of skin cancer?

Besides the fact that you literally contradicted yourself (B12 is an essential nutrient...the fact you need to supplement means that your diet does not contain all the nutrients the human body needs)

It is minus the negatives of animal products but it is also without the vast positives: Animal products are superior sources of macro and micro nutrients.

Let us go deeper into this:

Calcium is best absorbed with dairy and egg. Calcium from vegetarian sources are complexed with organic acids, this causes them to form insoluble 'soaps' which hinders absorption. Calcium is not better absorbed with plants, where did you get this?

Walnuts are a good source of Omega 3 but significantly inferior to fish. A 1/4 cup has 2.7g of Omega 3s.

This is two fish oil capsules. I have 10g per day which would be a whole cup of walnuts.

Plus, it is not about omega 3s, it is about 3:6 ratio. Walnuts are 1:1, vastly inferior to salmon which is 5.5:1

Where is your link of fish to brith defects? If this is so, why does WHO recommend pregnant women supplement with fish oil?

Aaaand lol at fish containing poisonous phytochemicals. I think you should google what a phytochemical is....

Vit D, heard of brown skin? People like me don't absorb as much from the sun.

Also... heard of skin cancer?

I contradicted myself. 

Better to supplement then to eat animal products for reasons i've stated thought out this thread.

You take your fish oil supps and stack of other supps I persume  and ill take my b12. 2015 brah. b12 supps wernt around with cavemen but neither was your fish oil supps.

WHO GIVES A FLYING f*ck IF you cant get b12 naturally without eating animal products its 2015 its about doing the right thing for yourself and others.

Animal products are superior, at the cost of negatives?

I got plants are better source of calcium absorption from the internet.

Walnuts are 1:4

Flaxseed 4:1

Birth defects of eating fish came from vegangains, he cited it though. Mercury and PCB's in fish I think.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/omega-3s-prostate-cancer-and-atrial-fibrillation/omega 3 GG

I technically didn't say fish contained poisonous phytochemicals. You misinterpreted it and didnt explain myself. SORRY BRO.

If your white you don't need as much sun exposure. Stay sun safe and don't get burnt. Being realistic how much Vitamin D can you get a day by eating animal products? 

Why are you concerned of skin cancer but not concerned of (i get the impression) increased cancer risks from animal products and heart disease the number one killer strongly linked to animal products.

At the end of the day, whole plant based eaters live longer and have better health. So you guys trying to defend against eating animal products is pretty lols. 

You cant make your precious gains if your fucking dead. One shot at this life ONE SHOT. You guys are pussy's fucking up the planet at the cost of your selfish taste of bacon.Harden the f*ck up. Your weak minded, you all know technically a plant based diet is better for the planet but your brainwashed into this bodybuilding animal eating culture. 

Then your children come along into this world but they dont want to be alive because you guys fucked the planet up.

At the end of the day, whole plant based eaters live longer and have better health. So you guys trying to defend against eating animal products is pretty lols. 

You cant make your precious gains if your fucking dead. One shot at this life ONE SHOT. Dont be a pussy and do the right thing.

Then your children come along into this world but they dont want to be alive because you guys fucked the planet up.

I know youve already said shit about this but my Grandma is 91,completely mobile, can ride a bicycle, good memory, slightly high cholesterol (genetic) and eats bacon and eggs on butter toast pretty much every day of her adult life. she also rubs the bacon grease from the pan with some bread  to follow. Thats a fact!

Humans may or may not f*ck up the planet before we go extinct, but, we will go extinct and the planet will carry on untill it gets fucked up by the sun. Go to bed you pussy.

I know youve already said shit about this but my Grandma is 91,completely mobile, can ride a bicycle, good memory, slightly high cholesterol (genetic) and eats bacon and eggs on butter toast pretty much every day of her adult life. she also rubs the bacon grease from the pan with some bread  to follow. Thats a fact!

Humans may or may not f*ck up the planet before we go extinct, but, we will go extinct and the planet will carry on untill it gets fucked up by the sun. Go to bed you pussy.

LMAO a case study of one grandma to defend against your bad habits.

james, "facts" etc aside, you should realise you're fighting a losing battle. human kind categorically won't switch to non animal product diet. theres no point arguing it with your half baked youtube vlogger facts, you aren't going to make any difference whatsoever because you are insignificant.

kind of a redundant argument 

james, "facts" etc aside, you should realise you're fighting a losing battle. human kind categorically won't switch to non animal product diet. theres no point arguing it with your half baked youtube vlogger facts, you aren't going to make any difference whatsoever because you are insignificant.

kind of a redundant argument 

purpose of this thread is to get atleast one person to change their thinking about eating a whole plant based  diet.

My intentions are good. I have compassion for others. I am insignificant.

Hopefully one day there will be a plant based bodybuidling culture. I hate the word hopefully because its not very certain. Not a bodydestroying culture.

I completely understand your guys views on animal products. I was just like you all drinking glasses of milk, cheese, eggs, meat.

purpose of this thread is to get atleast one person to change their thinking about eating a whole plant based  diet.

Hopefully one day there will be a plant based bodybuidling culture. I hate the word hopefully because its not very certain. Not a bodydestroying culture.

I completely understand your guys views on animal products. I was just like you all drinking glasses of milk, cheese, eggs, meat.

We would still have to kill animals if we all ate plants.

Especially little mosquitoes.

Despite my criticism I kind of agree with you, people need to eat less processed/red meat. But I also think veganism isn't the answer because many animal products are just superior.

Chicken/fish/egg life is much more sustainable. Like I said 2-3x per week for me, rather than 2-3x per day for some.

Putting all animal products in one basket and saying this is bad for you is foolish. Facepalm for the increased risk of cancer from fish oil... Correlation is not causation

Not everything you have stated are FACT.

Animal products are not bad for your health per se. Whilst vegans have a lower CVD risk, they often have compromised bone mineral density and are thinner.There are numerous inadequacies of a vegan diet including Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Vit D, Vit B12 and Omega 3. Animal products are simply vastly superior sources of these.

Eggs are not equivalent to 5 cigarettes, this is absurd. Did you even read a study? Did you critique the evidence? No, you read an internet headline and determined it to be fact.

The study which you are referring to (Spence et al: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021915012005047)implies that eating more eggs results in narrowing of the carotid artery. This is bad.

However, the major flaw in this study is that triglycerides, HDL and LDL are unchanged across test groups. It is assumed that these contributing factors lead to atherosclerosis and without a causal link you have nothing but a correlation.

The number one thing you need to know in science is that correlation does not imply causation - meaning that this single study means nothing.

So... I'm going to keep eating eggs every damn day.

Having said that, Animal products, mainly red meat, are terrible for the planet. And I restrict red meat to 2-3x per week. It is actually better for the planet if one were to stop eating beef than to stop driving their car.

Do you drive an electric car? Do you use plastic? Do you eat organic? Organic food is actually bad for the planet too...

This is also an incorrect statement. There is no 'latest study', the only thing that happened recently is that WHO just put out a recommendation. The studies have been around for years. The largest study on this topic is performed by the Harvard school of public health and encompasses over 800 clinical studies and is essentially irrefutable evidence that processed/red meat increases your risk of cancer. Why is this finding wack? Because you don't agree with the result? This is some of the strongest evidence of its kind.

You can deny the evidence like smokers did in the 70s or you can accept it and do it anyway like smokers do now.

Anyway... There are plenty of studies on how shit soy is :)

If this truly is the case I think I'll chance my hand. Probably be better off than most vegans regardless

I don't want to live to 100 + but I care too much about the animals and planet. YOLO!

Im actaully gonna be fucked off if I make it that far. 

I want to die young tbh

Honestly I don't like the taste of meat unless its seasoned af. Cheese is probably  the only thing that I truely miss.

Just a quick change of tact, this is Gymnation.co.nz and I see people referring to gains.

On a performance basis James should easily be able to convert a few members by giving examples of elite athletes in our sports.

To help you James I have provided links to the Top 100 IFBB Pro Bodybuilders:

https://www.getbig.com/ranking/prorankm.htm

And the IPF Powerlifting World Record Holders:

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/championships/records.html

And the Top 3 Worlds Strongest Man Competitors from 1977-2015:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_Strongest_Man

If you could point out the number of vegans in these lists it would surely convince a few of us of the benefits of Vegan Gains.

Thanks in advance.

But do you see the problem with that logic? People are blinded so therefor think I MUST eat meat to be strong. So your gonna have f*ck all vegans.

Just google man. i cbf but ill try.

Patrik Baboumian, vegan strongman

“This is a message to all those out there who think that you need animal products to be fit and strong. Almost two years after becoming vegan I am stronger than ever before and I am still improving day by day. Don't listen to those self proclaimed nutrition gurus and the supplement industry trying to tell you that you need meat, eggs and dairy to get enough protein.  There are plenty of plant-based protein sources and your body is going to thank you for stopping feeding it with dead-food.  Go vegan and feel the power!”

But do you see the problem with that logic? People are blinded so therefor think I MUST eat meat to be strong. So your gonna have f*ck all vegans.

Just google man. i cbf but ill try.

Patrik Baboumian, vegan strongman

“This is a message to all those out there who think that you need animal products to be fit and strong. Almost two years after becoming vegan I am stronger than ever before and I am still improving day by day. Don't listen to those self proclaimed nutrition gurus and the supplement industry trying to tell you that you need meat, eggs and dairy to get enough protein.  There are plenty of plant-based protein sources and your body is going to thank you for stopping feeding it with dead-food.  Go vegan and feel the power!”

was waiting for someone to pull out Patrik

look at his diet, hardly convenient, he has to eat ridiculously to make up for lack of meat