Class B drug sold in fitness buffs' boosters

Pseudonym

Supplements620x310_620x310.jpg

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11532246

The presence of picamilon in supplements was concerning as its effects were "entirely unpredictable", said Harvard scientist Pieter Cohen.

"Why this drug would be used in a pre-workout supplement is hard to fathom, unless it's to give a pleasing sensation to the consumer that leads them to purchase more," said Dr Cohen, one of an international group of scientists that produced a research paper on picamilon published in the journal Drug Testing and Analysis.

Dr Cohen's research found doses of the drug in US products - where it is legal - often deviated from what was stated.

"We learned that dosages of picamilon were often much higher than even the highest prescription doses, and ... the customer would have absolutely no idea how much picamilon they were consuming by reading the label. This is a scary thought even for a consumer who didn't mind experimenting with unapproved drugs."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picamilon

Interesting stuff. Apparently a dietary supplement in the US, but a prescription medicine in Russia - wait, wut?! Surely that's backwards! :o

Still, other than the (indirect) vasodilation effects which I presume might contribute to a bigger pump, it's hard to see why it's in a pre-workout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picamilon

Interesting stuff. Apparently a dietary supplement in the US, but a prescription medicine in Russia - wait, wut?! Surely that's backwards! :o

Still, other than the (indirect) vasodilation effects which I presume might contribute to a bigger pump, it's hard to see why it's in a pre-workout.

Apparently at high doses its alleged to work as a stimulant, whereas lower dose produces sedating effects... Which is totally opposite to GHB...

Picamilon is Niacin bound to GABA, this combination allows passage through the blood brain barrier, as GABA taken orally usually gets metabolised in the digestive tract... GABA by the way is one of the most abundant neurotransmitter in the CNS not a date rape drug...

In theory it is possible to synthesise GHB from GABA but the Niacin bond would have to be broken first, it would be easier to purchase GABA from a health food store and save yourself the trouble..

For those interested Sandmeyer reaction uses nitrous acid to turn amines into diazonium salts, Aliphatic diazonium salts rapidly undergo hydrolysis in H2O giving off nitrogen gas leaving a hydroxyl group behind, these simple reactions can turn GABA into GHB...   ;-)

Apparently at high doses its alleged to work as a stimulant, whereas lower dose produces sedating effects... Which is totally opposite to GHB...

Picamilon is Niacin bound to GABA, this combination allows passage through the blood brain barrier, as GABA taken orally usually gets metabolised in the digestive tract... GABA by the way is one of the most abundant neurotransmitter in the CNS not a date rape drug...

In theory it is possible to synthesise GHB from GABA but the Niacin bond would have to be broken first, it would be easier to purchase GABA from a health food store and save yourself the trouble..

For those interested Sandmeyer reaction uses nitrous acid to turn amines into diazonium salts, Aliphatic diazonium salts rapidly undergo hydrolysis in H2O giving off nitrogen gas leaving a hydroxyl group behind, these simple reactions can turn GABA into GHB...   ;-)

i also have a lot of scientific knowledge on this topic also gathering during my years spent as a scientist (or something)

1. if u drink too much ghb you get a sore stomach and your body forces it and anything else in you out via whatever avenue possible

2. its kind of stupid calling it a date rape drug, even in a strong tasting drunk its disgusting, i can safely say i have a good enough sense of taste to not be date raped. 

3. use something accurate to measure it, dont try eyeball a measurement in a teaspoon

i also have a lot of scientific knowledge on this topic also gathering during my years spent as a scientist (or something)

1. if u drink too much ghb you get a sore stomach and your body forces it and anything else in you out via whatever avenue possible

2. its kind of stupid calling it a date rape drug, even in a strong tasting drunk its disgusting, i can safely say i have a good enough sense of taste to not be date raped. 

3. use something accurate to measure it, dont try eyeball a measurement in a teaspoon

I assume you mixed yours with something like orange juice, rather than drinking it neat..??

Yeh... GHB is a weird compound, at about 1.5g it acts on GHB receptors producing a stimulant effects, about 3.5g it acts on GABA-B receptors as a CNS depressant...

Its reputed to be a wonderful synergist when taken with or before other drugs... Enhancing their effect..!!

I assume you mixed yours with something like orange juice, rather than drinking it neat..??

have tried neat (imagine thats what nail polish remover tastes like)

usually orange juice but its noticeable in orange juice even. 1ml in maybe 200ml OJ?

i just dont see how someone could have like wine spiked unless they were blind drunk already

off topic though

• 2 weeks later...

I personally am disgusted with the casual and callous way in which you reprehensible layabouts talk about recreational drug use. It is my most fervent hope that you all receive lengthy jail sentences. I for one will feel a lot safer in the gym knowing you reprobates are exactly where you should be.....

Or something. ..