longest time you have spent out of the gym

stalkers

9 months when i moved to australia. Wasnt 100% out of gym went every couple weeks if i was lucky. Too much other stuff going on wanted to live like a tourist for a bit.

Legs shrunk heaps. Strength came back very quickly once i started again though.

Like rebuilding after time off is probably 3x faster than building it in the first place

i have to lose about 14 kgs,id like to spend some time actually being 83 and training at that weight rather than cut water just before meets.is it the right approach to stop lifting for a while and lose weight by doing cardio?then restart when im smaller?

Really depends why you have to lose weight.

I'm in the middle of the longest period I've ever stopped training. Changing jobs, injuries and life mean I didn't train at all for a couple of months and now only train once or twice a week. Strength is super shit and I've been natty for months as well. Normally I'd not have this much time off but hey... I have no goals.

9mths due to compressed spine blew out L4 L5! and smashed pelvis.

Retaining walls and motorbikes dont mix well! Was off gear cause of all the other medication i was on to reduce inflammation on my spinal cord, put on 18kg of lard, couldn't lift jack shit had a mental breakdown cause couldn't do shit any pressure on my lumber caused blackouts due to crushed L4 pushing on Spinal cord.

Had to practically start from scratch......Savage days they were.

Really depends why you have to lose weight.

possible m1 titles and records.i havent been in the gym in 9 days due to circumstances beyond my control,so im just canvassing opinions from strength experts on how long i can take off without having my total obliterated.

You compete for Gpc ay bro?

nah ive been in Aussie competing under PA.I could never get enough consistent training in to compete here and im faced with the same dilemma now that im back in NZ.Im trying to stay positive and motivated by setting myself some(delusional?)goals.

i think cutting to 83 is probably going to fit in best with my limited and interrupted training time as well as the type of work i do.i reckon i can take down a few golden oldie records,even if im not really committed to powerlifting.

Hope that doesnt sound too arrogant.

the thing  is here compared to how Wilks runs things is he seems more flexible and more supportive of older lifters.Not everyone can compete 3 times in 6 months.id like to but i cant at that time of the year.

ive had limited dealings with NZPF and i think if you arent a good open lifter then they probably dont even care if you are there or not.thats my opinion on how ive been treated anyway.

Since I started training seriously the longest rest ive had is around 6 days . Even after falling off the roof I was still in there doing what I could. I need it. Id die without it

you fell how far and how did you land?thats hardcore if you landed on concrete man.ive fallen off a ladder about 4 m but it was in the middle of a forest and i landed on soft ground flat on my back.didnt hurt at all.