Gymnation challenge: Maximum weight, minimum time

Pseudonym

Had a quick go at it but nothing special. Could barely bench anything due to arm pain from low bar squats again and had to set pins low so pushing it from that point was painful as . had warmed up bench to 120 but dropped it right back to a hundy. Had to squat high bar to but used loose wraps as forgot sleeves and didnt feel like they inhibited my lifts at all. If anyones going to have a go i recommend using bumpers for your squat off a portable rack so you can just drop it and have a good bench right in front then dead in front of bench. Could probably get it under 10 secs if you were fast .

Squat was 200kg , bench 100kg , dead 220kg.   Time unkown , dont know how wilks works and bodyweight was 84.5kg exactly which i have seperate vid of but dont think it will matter as took to long.  

Had a quick go at it but nothing special. Could barely bench anything due to arm pain from low bar squats again and had to set pins low so pushing it from that point was painful as . had warmed up bench to 120 but dropped it right back to a hundy. Had to squat high bar to but used loose wraps as forgot sleeves and didnt feel like they inhibited my lifts at all. If anyones going to have a go i recommend using bumpers for your squat off a portable rack so you can just drop it and have a good bench right in front then dead in front of bench. Could probably get it under 10 secs if you were fast .

Squat was 200kg , bench 100kg , dead 220kg.   Time unkown , dont know how wilks works and bodyweight was 84.5kg exactly which i have seperate vid of but dont think it will matter as took to long.  

nice one man, your wilks was 354.56 based on total of 520 and bw 84.5kg

i count your time on the vid as 20 sec, so score is 17.72, it's pretty good!

wilks calculator here http://wilkscalculator.com/kg

nice one man, your wilks was 354.56 based on total of 520 and bw 84.5kg

i count your time on the vid as 20 sec, so score is 17.72, it's pretty good!

wilks calculator here http://wilkscalculator.com/kg

Oh cool thanks bro I have no idea what that means but gotta have a go. Really just limited to how good of a setup you have which Id say is why hardly any entries. Fun though.

I was gonna bro but I don't wanna hurt my pec. Great idea! Best comp so far imo.

Pity. I reckon you'd have got a good total.

Yeah, I'm with you on this being a good idea (though I do say so myself! :D)... The time factor just seems like it creates a really level playing field so that everyone from FOTR through to Soundsgood can all be reasonably competitive.

I just did a bit of number crunching, and if FOTR had done his lifts in 15 secs, he'd have got a perfectly respectable 13.6 points. That's not too far off Skeletor's result, who was lifting more than twice the weight (and 1.75x the amount in Wilks points).

It is a bit technical though, and it's definitely dependent on having a good gym setup. But I think it has potential. Maybe tweak it a bit and roll it out again down the track, bigger, and with a bit more promotion? What do you reckon?

it's an awesome fun comp and the time factor really levels the playing field. i'd say the number of entries is about right for the timeframe and audience of this site. if it ran for a month or so it would give you more time to promote it but still, many commercial gyms just have 2-4 barbells so the combined risk of looking like a wierdo + hogging most if not all the barbells at your gym for 10-15 min while you warmup / set up can be a bit off putting. keen on getting a 2nd bb and doing it wookie style later on though..

I got a few comments saying I should have done it heavier.

If I had 3 bars I would have increased the squat from 230 to a 270-280. I don't think that would have slowed me much of anything. Bench was smart at 130. 140 could have been ok, but I wanted it to not matter if I set up poorly.

Then deadlift, I could have set up a tiny bit quicker. I was concerned a 250-260 lift could have added a second, which wouldn't have paid off.

In short, I don't think I did it perfectly. But my ego didn't slow me down and that was key. My all time best total in the gym is around 860 so yes, 590 didn't make me excited, but it was necessary to be fast.

Well, Wookie - looks like you and your flying leg have won this. Congrats! :D

Could everyone who entered PM me their name and address, please? Then we'll get the lads at Mighty Ape to send out your goodies forthwith.

Damn too slow!

Well done Wookie AND HJP too, had a good lol at dumping the bar after squats.

whoa sweet, something for all entrants ? :D

I think you all deserve a little something. Everyone's a winner!

Oh sweet thanks Mightyape and of course Gymnation. Congrats Wookie . You guys nailed it

Except you, Skeletor. You're not getting anything until you send me your address. :P