Adrenal Fatigue

donz

I didn't have a meltdown - I asked a question purely because of what I saw in another thread where it seemed qualifications or not you still get told its voodoo rofl. I don't expect you to agree with me but it seems now that I'm asking you questions about your questions you're getting all defensive? Im quite happy sitting here reading this but it seems people also know peoples facial expressions/mood based on typing lol pretty sure you know I'm never really serious/angry, ever. But all good I'm done in here now so happy replying :P :P :P

lol I always know when I choose to post on here a thick skin is required. I'm not offended. I know my reality.

It is very interesting though the debate on what is a real illness and what is apparently made up. Like I said, I didn't even know what adrenal fatigue was till I was told I had it so then I went and of course did my own research as well and found a myriad of information on it.

I'm not quite sure how the chiropractic part fits in though Riccardo.

I guess it's like any illness. It needs to be proven to exist. Not long ago mental health issues were not recognised as an actual illness. Unless it can be measured it can't be proven therefore isn't real right????

lol I always know when I choose to post on here a thick skin is required. I'm not offended. I know my reality.

It is very interesting though the debate on what is a real illness and what is apparently made up. Like I said, I didn't even know what adrenal fatigue was till I was told I had it so then I went and of course did my own research as well and found a myriad of information on it.

I'm not quite sure how the chiropractic part fits in though Riccardo.

I guess it's like any illness. It needs to be proven to exist. Not long ago mental health issues were not recognised as an actual illness. Unless it can be measured it can't be proven therefore isn't real right????

The chiropractic part fits because the idea of adrenal fatigue apparently began with a chiro and because a chiro in NZ isn't recognized as a medical practitioner it's adds to his lack of credibility.

Don mentioned something about chiro, related to another thread and its relavent here as harry said the guy who invented adrenal fatigue was also a chiro. May have headed on a bit of a tangent lol but as you can tell I feel very passionate about alternative health practitioners who don't subscribe to evidence based practice.

The difference is is that adrenal function can be measured easily and accurately with blood tests and imaging whereas neuroscience isn't at a stage where psiachiatric illnessed can be measured and diagnosed. Don't think anyones saying your illness or symptoms don't exist, but attributing them to an organ system (the adrenal glands) without substantial evidence doesn't stack up to the scrutiny of medical science.

The difference is is that adrenal function can be measured easily and accurately with blood tests and imaging whereas neuroscience isn't at a stage where psiachiatric illnessed can be measured and diagnosed. Don't think anyones saying your illness or symptoms don't exist, but attributing them to an organ system (the adrenal glands) without substantial evidence doesn't stack up to the scrutiny of medical science.

Fair point.

Either way, I really don't care whether it is a 'recognised' illness or not. I was sick. I was advised on how to get better. It worked. That's pretty much it.