Adrenal Fatigue

donz

I think in time you will look back and think differently lol or perhaps not. Whilst you disregard adrenal fatigue (I kind of do too if I'm honest) it is a theory that has a fair amount of interest especially in sports circles so I'd say the jury is not out yet :)

No, chronic fatigue is a disease that there has been some debate over for the last 30 years or so as to whether it actually exists after they thought it may have been a viral thing but couldn't pin it on a particular pathogen and our understanding has evolved into what it is today. Thats the scientific process. Adrenal fatigue is something some chiropractor made up which has since been shown to not exist as an actual disease.

I have had Adrenal Fatigue . It's real and it's not fun. I didn't know what it was till I was told I had it. I remember knowing something was really wrong with me but not knowing what. I'm not going to go into details on here. All I can say is unless you have experienced it, don't judge. You don't know what other people have been / are going though.

I have had Adrenal Fatigue . It's real and it's not fun. I didn't know what it was till I was told I had it. I remember knowing something was really wrong with me but not knowing what. I'm not going to go into details on here. All I can say is unless you have experienced it, don't judge. You don't know what other people have been / are going though.

Damn that sucks :( ... Maybe you had Adrenal insufficiency rather than Adrenal fatigue. Adrenal insufficiency is a legit medical condition that can be diagnosed symptomatically and confirmed through lab tests.

Whereas adrenal fatigue is an alternative medicine term 'diagnosed' by symptoms which could be due to a number of causes

People on this forum in another thread also bagged on chiropractors - haha they're also a sham apparently even though due to various sports I've seen them on/off for well over a decade and each time I was manipulated it sped up my recovery time. They also just make up their qualifications and don't need to study.. *cough*

Love me forum doctors ^_^

Except eLmo that my cause and symptoms weren't that of Adrenal insufficiently.

Like I said, if you haven't had it, you won't understand it. It's not fun. There were many factors that contributed to this 'mystical' not illness. It's taken years to recover. I didn't go on pills. I did it holistically by changing my life.

Except eLmo that my cause and symptoms weren't that of Adrenal insufficiently.

Like I said, if you haven't had it , you won't understand it. It's not fun. It's taken years to recover. I didn't go on pills. I did it holistically by changing my life. Yip, it all sounds a bit airy fairy but when you are having panic attacks every day, heart palpitations, insomnia, exhaustion, crying at the gym because you are so tired then feeling immense guilt for not managing to workout, when you begin lactating even though you're not pregnant or bfing....... I could go on but this is more than enough sharing from me.

I believe you and that sucks...Its just that Adrenal fatigue is an unproven diagnosis which could be due to something else. Misdiagnosis can be more harmful than leaving something untreated.

But... If you've sorted it out the way you have then that is great news regardless of what name you give the symptoms

So, just curiously. The people who are saying this is a 'non-diagnoses', what are your credentials? Are you Drs? Have a medical phd? I'm just wondering where you get your expertise. Not bring bitchy. I actually want to know.

I'm interested as it wasn't my GP that diagnosed it, it was an alternative health professional. I guess it's not recognised as mainstream yet. Probably will be when a drug company starts marketing an adrenal fatigue pill.

How far away is that adrenal fatigue pill you're working on, eLm0? ;-)

So, MILF, did you have any tests done? What did that show? I ask because it sounds like "adrenal fatigue", whether itself an officially recognised disease or not, seems to have a number of empirically measurable outcomes that ARE officially recognised. High cortisol levels, for instance. So whether the cause is termed "adrenal fatigue" or not, everyone can agree that your cortisol level is higher than it should be (for example).

Surely if she did actually have 'adrenal fatigue' her cortisol would be lower than it should be? I thought the premise was that the adrenals, being stimulated for long periods of time became overworked and produced insufficiant corticosteroids and/or catecholomines. Either way, as others have said, I thinks it's a bullshit diagnosis created to line the pockets of supplement salesmen and alternative medicine practitioners.

Welcome to Gymnation, Mr Glioblastoma. I had to Google that name...

I just picked high cortisol as an example. It was simply the first possible symptom listed in the article Donz pasted. Interestingly, low cortisol was the second possibility. The third was appropriately high and low levels, but at the wrong time of day. So it really does cover all your bases. :D

(I'm being facetious here for the sake of humour, but I don't know enough to have an opinion either way.)

That's because chiropractic is pseudoscience based on a the premise of vertabral subluxation which in 114 years has never been objectively shown to exist. all chiropractic treatments stem from this premise, which is wrong. Spinal manipulation does temporarily relieve mechanical back pain but only treats the symptoms and not the cause. It has been shown to be no more effective at treating back pain than taking a panadol.

Ask any orthopaedic surgeon, they'll also tell you the exact same thing I am, because that's what the evidence says. It really cracks me up how people make sweeping claims based on anecdote, have you heard of the placebo effect? Or confirmation bias? I guess a fool and his money are easily parted.

Oh and adrenal fatigue is definitely real, some quack told me I had it and prescribed me a whole lot of crap he's making money off. No citation needed, the word of a guy who got his degree out of a paleo cereal box is enough..

To be honest Pseudo I don't remember what all the blood tests said. This was a few years ago. It would be good if I did for this discussion. I do remember that I didn't know what was wrong and that my GP didn't know and I remember telling myself to ' suck it up and not be such a baby'. My symptoms were real. Nobody made them up. But noone could why I was having these problems. Then finally it was as, I said, an alternative health professional that knew what it was. I wasn't sold or prescribed any medication. No trickery. I was just given advice on how overcome it. I know what the under lying root cause of it all was. I eliminated / isolated and minimised all stress related activities, made a few changes to my life and voilà, on the way to recovery.

Anyway, believe what you will. Each to their own.

Seriously its a bit unfair to question someones personal health and well being when you don't know them other than by a handle on the forums. To push your beliefs by saying it's not real or it's made up is no better than telling one person God exists or doesn't or a chiropractor is voodoo. Getting borderline cyber bullying to throw that out there.

"what you had isnt real, I don't care how sick you were! I'm not a doctor but this online study said its made up and the internet is always correct! liar!" etc

Im really sorry I posted this in the first place, my bad for considering some people out there might have got some kind of benefit from this.

I think you have to expect that the people on the forums are going to be quite abusive and/or rude when defending their opinions. But.. people take what they want. In this instance someone who is looking for information regarding adrenal fatigue can get some positive and helpful information and those who think it's a crock get a shot at saying what a load of rubbish it is. We all take what we take and there's no point worrying about the negatives. It's what the forums are good for, providing different points of view and information supporting those views.

It would be nice if people didn't just rubbish other people based on their view of that persons perspective, personal situation etc etc etc but.. that's the net.

the thing is, the existence of adrenal fatigue or effectiveness of chiropractic is not contingent on your own personal health or beliefs. The objective evidence says XYZ if you choose to disregard that then thats cool but any discussion around the topic warrants a further discussion around the veracity of any claims made. Like Harry said, its just information sharing. If you choose to go against the grain thats cool, but if you choose defend something like chiropractic, it would be useful to provide something more concrete than blind faith.

How is telling someone they are wrong bullying or being abusive? Everyone should just agree with each other then this thread would be 3 posts long and have be as useful as tits on a bull. It's been a good read. Stop being so sensitive everybody.

Milf, you say it wasn't a GP. But an alternative provider? What was that persons qualifications?

How is telling someone they are wrong bullying or being abusive? Everyone should just agree with each other then this thread would be 3 posts long and have be as useful as tits on a bull. It's been a good read. Stop being so sensitive everybody.

Milf, you say it wasn't a GP. But an alternative provider? What was that persons qualifications?

When you make a comment that essentially makes the person posting look like they're an idiot then that's not only condescending it's also bullying and abusive. It's probably more useful to just state evidence that shows their wrong than attack them personally. That's all I'm saying you bully!

How is telling someone they're wrong, right? You don't even know them, you have no idea what they suffered from at all you're just some chump on a forum like me - they have then come along and said they suffered from something and for them, it's real. Who are you to say they're lying or wrong? Not being sensitive, finding it all fucking amusing. 

MILF said she was diagnosed with something - took steps to treat it, which took ages and is now better - I'm unsure if what qualifications matter - as mentioned before Chiro's get qualified but they're just as laughed at on here as David Copperfield magic tricks.

Lmao

Push? Hahaha Go through my instagram and you'll see 1 post of supps every 2 or 3 months at the most champ, don't hate on me because I get free protein etc. I don't mind making a post if I get 500 dollars worth of free shit a month in return. Brb my protein powder is actually just cooking flour so I'm going to use it to make some butt-hurt cookies to send to you, sounds like you need them. 

Lol whatever man.

She was diagnosed with something. Ok that's great, so diagnosed by who? What qualification do they have to diagnose anything?

I'm only asking what qualifications the provider had so then I can form my own opinion on whether it's a load of crap or not. No need to have a meltdown just cause someone has told you chiro is a pseudo science. I guess if you like having a necklace swung in front of your eyes then you're right, that's your business. But you can't expect everyone to agree with you.