Nzifbb why so unprofessional

Realtalk

If I remember correctly the meeting what Mike debenham orgenzied a meeting which was two hours long

Ok I'm confused, Did he organise a meeting which he intended to run for 2 hours or did he organise a meeting that ended up running for two hours??

Also do you have anything other information regarding the meeting?

Ok I'm confused, Did he organise a meeting which he intended to run for 2 hours or did he organise a meeting that ended up running for two hours??

Also do you have anything other information regarding the meeting?

that's the only thing that I remember

This should be a lesson observed for current members of the nzifbb. I'll never support it. Last year I was told that at the Hamilton mo-show he announced at briefing (obviously after collecting the moola) that if you had ever competed with NABBA you wouldn't get a placing. Such a load of crap. It's about competitors. ...the sooner everyone wakes up to the shire the better!

Some very interesting points here guys,

I dont post with great regularity and prefer to listen and learn rather than regularly rant, however from my time in this forum and on social media this persons name has been brought up a lot!

Lots of different reasons both positive and negative with a common thread unfortunately seeming to being corruption.Now as I disclaimer I dont compete in the NZFBB so I havent experienced any negative or underhanded dealings first hand, however I have been around the industry for a while and I would say a majority of people I encounter in the Bodybuilding community seems to have a story about this person.

Now you could either argue that because of this persons profile they make them selves a large target of competitors who havent  placed well to have a go at or you could argue that with all the accusations then there is no smoke without fire - in the end its up to the individual to decide.

Some people seem to reap his praises and be great friends with this person whereas many others seem to hold this person in disdain.Many even voice both these opinions depending on what time of the year it is or how they or there friends have placed in shows.

I am not writing this to cast judgement as I dont personally know this person but to merely illustrate some annecdotal observations I have made over the years and encourage debate.At the end of the day  and just like in business, its up for everyone as free willed individuals to make their own mind about the quality and integrity of the person, to educate them selves on what is true and what is rumour and decide on whether they  A:want to work with them , B: find them repugnant but will work with them anyway  to further their own sporting ambitions or C: whether they flat out wont work with them on principal. These principals arent just limited to bodybuilding either.

Here are some observations, please feel free to comment on them:

Amateur sports organizations are usually charities with elected committees and charters to uphold to encourage transparency of descison making and to avoid any one person or entity having too much say in the direction of the club/association. Sometimes this goes awry but for the most part this is a democratic and pretty fair process by which if you are nominated and serve on the committee then you have a say in the direction of the club

Question: Should an Amateur Sports Organization be changed to a company (or similar entity) with 1 or 2 directors? Why? is this morally right or wrong? what are the motives behind this - is this for the good of the athletes or is it for control and /or profit?

Was it done to expediate the descision making process and get things done faster and more efficiently or was it done to assure absolute control of the descisions? Where the motives pure or corrupt?

Some would argue that by being a company or similar entity the person in charge has been able to make more big descisons and provide a pathway for more athletes to compete in the pro ranks without red tape and burecracy getting in the way.

To that effect having the person in question in sole charge of this company has allowed alot more athletes to live their dreams of competing in the pro ranks - I dont think there are any arguments there, several athletes at the Olympia this year is proof of this.

The debate is whether their has been a  fair and unbiased process followed in selecting these athletes with debate centering around use/endorsements of particular supplements sold by the company director,athletes receiving pro cards for not winning there classes and other innuendo etc. I will note that I suspect bodybuilding in the US has very similar debate going on over there.

Other observations that I hear regularly seem to be that the person in charge seems to polarize support for his company/federation, in that if you arent with NZIFFB then you are against them. Stories of Pros and Contest Prep Coaches not being able to visit their clients/freinds at other Federations shows now for fear of being black listed are common place. Are they true?

At the end of the day, any person that puts them selves at the top of an organisations like this will always attract both compliments and criticism, 

If the person in question is  running a fair and just Federation, would it be expected that some of the active competitors in that Federation who contribute to this forum would perhaps have something to say in his defence on this forum perhaps? The debate and postings all seem to point ng one way the moment?

I would have thought that some of the IFBB guys might be able to share some positive stories in this persons defence but as of yet none seems to have? 

Is this evidence of competitors being too scared to speak out about the mistreatment  of athletes and corruption due to fear of the own placings being sabotaged?- who knows but the topic is an interesting one! Would be great to hear another side of the story for some balance though?

He's stolen thousands of dollars from me personally. I built nutrition deal and formulated narlabs lean whey used to

Own two Xtreme

Nutrition stores Pukekohe and Tauranga with a share in his business.

Rebuilt his websites from scratch and paid for a lot of the marketing myself - he's taken all

Our agreements vanished overnight and stopped supplying us stock was our only supplier, then threatened other suppliers not to supply us.

We did absolutely nothing apart from ask questions like how come were getting heaps of returns on narlabs this batch. Since leaving the group things have never been better but obviously the years of work ideas and money stolen does hurt, just don't know how he sleeps at night.

He's stolen thousands of dollars from me personally. I built nutrition deal and formulated narlabs lean whey used to

Own two Xtreme

Nutrition stores Pukekohe and Tauranga with a share in his business.

Rebuilt his websites from scratch and paid for a lot of the marketing myself - he's taken all

Our agreements vanished overnight and stopped supplying us stock was our only supplier, then threatened other suppliers not to supply us.

We did absolutely nothing apart from ask questions like how come were getting heaps of returns on narlabs this batch. Since leaving the group things have never been better but obviously the years of work ideas and money stolen does hurt, just don't know how he sleeps at night.

you don't have to answer this, but I think I met you when you worked @ the botany store?

"Don't let it hurt his placing, knowing I will f*ck her, she knows me very well"

he clearly states that because Jade hooked up with Dan who is Jakes ex girlfriend he was going to score Dan down.

This is all to do with March 2015 after the pro am comp.

I am so happy to see this thread, and this conversation taking place. I've also been involved with Moe at NZIFBB, promised the world, got jack shit. To compete and do well with this federation you're not allowed to be seen to be with any other federation which is really unfair to the person who loves to compete and hasn't got their pro card. Is the federation really that insecure that it has to 'own' athletes. I was selected to compete overseas last year at the Arnies, what a joke this was, there were secret meetings going on with athletes who were having their nutrition done by someone other than him, the passing out of pills on the plane and when we landed in Aussie he just wanted to ditch us and go rub shoulders with known names. I wish I'd never gone, I wish I had NEVER met Moe, he has put me off my sport completely to the point I will no longer be on ANY stage. There were so many girls who were promised so much and got nothing!!!!!

He tries to steal clients by undermining professionals in the industry, claiming his way is better, this unethical and in my book you just don't do it! He's transparent, and for him to sponsor athletes, judge, etc had to be a conflict of interest. My first show with him saw two people on the judging panel who didn't know what they were doing. His numbers dwindled years ago but have since increased because of other professionals helping him out, he's used these people to make money and then he's spat them out!

I BELIEVE IN KARMA

"Don't let it hurt his placing, knowing I will fuck her, she knows me very well"

Wow, that certainly suggests Moe does (or at the very least, can) manipulate the results. Surely the IFBB would have to be looking at this with huge concern - it's undermining any credibility their comps have in NZ.

More threats ->

That conversation sounds very familiar! What was the offending video about?

I wish I'd never gone, I wish I had NEVER met Moe, he has put me off my sport completely to the point I will no longer be on ANY stage.

That's really sad to hear, Tough enough. Obviously you've got huge potential if you were selected to go to Aussie. Why not look at one of the other federations instead? Admittedly, they all have their own politics, but it's a different kind of politics.

I have been competing since 2010 in NABBA, INBA (early years) and now compete in the NABBA/WFF, but  I have never competed as an IFBB athelete due to the issues stated in this forum. I just about did under the encouragement of Amitnz (2012), but due to advice of older and wiser heads I did not compete.

I have nothing against those who compete in IFBB and do not claim that there isn't politics in the sports other federations; but you must have witnessed some of the judgement calls in recent years. I have friend's who want to be the next big thing and think that IFBB is the place to do it 'GARMON". For years I witnessed some real fantastic athlete's being overlooked. This for some would turn them off the sport, which in my opinion is a great sport!!!

So "Unprofessional NZIFBB" is!!!

Sorry bro Danagenz :) at that time I really thought it was the way to go as a lot of the things that went on were hidden from me as I was "needed" to grow the social media, email database and build up the ecommerce business. When I wasn't "needed" anymore is when all of what really went on was exposed and it was and is discusting. 

He tried to threaten one of my mates who runs a rival supp company once. Mate said to him You know where I am but he dropped his balls. Lucky for him because he would have got his ass handed to him on a plate. These recordings are crack up as. Ill personally cut your tongue? Does he think hes in the mafia or something?

I hope people will share this one so it can spread like wildfire and the truth can be exposed to the people not only of the industry but New Zealand so this type of bullying activity does not and cannot carry on. Moe NZIFBB President threats, manipulates place & brags about assaulting people & makes a mockery of region athletes and threatens to try to bankrupt people who built his business whom he ripped off. Offered to buy my stores below cost price. When I refused more threats started. I will open up next to you and screw your business etc etc. Unfortunately the police did nothing even though they admit the assaults and brag about them.

I hope people will share this one so it can spread like wildfire and the truth can be exposed to the people not only of the industry but New Zealand so this type of bullying activity does not and cannot carry on. Moe NZIFBB President threats, manipulates place & brags about assaulting people & makes a mockery of region athletes and threatens to try to bankrupt people who built his business whom he ripped off. Offered to buy my stores below cost price. When I refused more threats started. I will open up next to you and screw your business etc etc. Unfortunately the police did nothing even though they admit the assaults and brag about them.

you  should type out a transcript/subtitles 

Moe sounds like he has small cock syndrome

Hmm. I think we need to keep this topic on the NZIFBB and its credibility, and not get side-tracked by issues with Moe personally.

To be honest, Amit, a lot of that last recording just sounds like a business deal gone sour. And while I appreciate that was awful for you, Moe's personality is not so relevant to the running of the NZIFBB. Most of that sounds like he just has a sharp temper and a big mouth. He may not be the nicest person ever, but lots of sports administrators aren't.

What I'm more interested in is the question of corruption in the organisation, and whether or not NZIFBB athletes can be confident that they will be judged fairly. THAT's the much bigger issue here.

I actually think his character is relevant to it. Other sporting organisations are different to bodybuilding. Other sports aren't subjective bodybuilding is. In powerlifting there are members on the board of federations who don't like some of their members and there are some members who don't like the people on the board. A win is a win though weather you like the person or not.

If someone is of questionable chracter, they judge their own sponsored athletes, discriminate against others based on what brand of supplements they use, involves himself in others' personal bussiness and flys off the handle and allows conflict of interests to take place. Then in my opinion he is more likely to corrupt the results, especially when he is the head judge and the fellow judges are his drones.

The nabba/wff NZ president stands down from judging any classes where his athletes are competing against others. The same can't be said for the nzifbb president. Or can it?

I heard that recording. My mind was made up long ago from numerous things I had been told by credible people and so this just proved it all to me.

I thought steffan/freezmas phone call was abit weak. It was obviously premeditated that he wanted to try and get moe to 'threaten him'. If you go looking for trouble you are going to find it eventually so I didn't take much notice of that recording. I would have said I'd smack him over too if he rang me spouting that kind of drivel. That guy really is a moron. Classic nobody who wants to be a somebody.