Nzifbb why so unprofessional

Realtalk

Why is the nzifbb so unprofessional. The way in which it is run and all the back hand deals and gossip you hear.

On the weekend ifbb pro jade mackinnon was refused entry into the Waikato show because she dropped moes narlabs brand as sponsor. Iv just seen an nzifbb judge dishing out threats publicly on Facebook to people if they come to the nationals and he "will be on the door"

Do they need a federation minder/babysitter to control all this kind of shit. What's the story, it makes me cringe that a so called professional organisation carrys on like this. Why is it consistently a corrupt shambles? And why do people want to be members and aligned with that kind of behaviour? Why is there no federation board where decisions are voted on?

i have one main question on this with minimal understanding on bodybuilding etc, so this federation is the new zealand branch of a world federation.

surely the world federation as a whole wouldn't be keen on that level of impartiality/impartialness (not sure of the word) in a federation? 

president of a federation also owning a supplement line and sponsoring athletes in that federation and barring athletes not under the sponsorship is surely a conflict of interest and there would be something in the code of conduct/equivalent that would disallow this?

il even go further to compare to lets say hypothetically soundsgood was to sponsor a powerlifter with musclefuel meals, then that person changes to another pre prepared meal brand, is soundsgood going to throw them out of a GPC competition? 

i dont think so, because that'd be unethical and also lame as f*ck

so why is this ok?

It's not a "branch" per say. Moe owns it as a registered company. That's why he can do/say anything he want's he's the boss of a company - it's not like the over seas federations.

ok fair enough il rephrase

wouldnt ifbb international be smart to distance itself from dodgy shit like that, if its not a branch, they still give nzifbb permission to claim affiliation,

pull that affiliation and nzifbb becomes moes cot for him and his toys and he can do whatever the f*ck he wants without affecting anything important

The other thing we have to think about is that jade's current partner is dan mazzola(sp?). Is he going to get a fair judgement at nationals? ... Doubt it very very much.

yeah that is a shame. but on the flipside he was real restrained on the subject on social media, it would be tough wanting to stick up for gf while also not wanting to lose pro card prospects.

I'm actually ashamed to have been part of the NZIFBB / Xtreme Nutrition group. Over the years we have seen much foul play based on who sells more Narlabs, MFL, Profight Nutritgenix (Moes brands) - There is no local board and regardless of the number of Judges, Moe calls the shots based on favours. Initially when we got started we had no idea this is how things were run. Some people may still argue that no one still has any idea how things are run. 

Seen people not win or even place and constant bragging & bullying based on sales of products, other nationalities and even religion. (https://www.facebook.com/HarmanSran.RajveerBapla/videos/vb.102352546515984/895296307221600/?type=2&theater)

I feel sorry for the people who have been mis-treated and it takes the fun and passion out of competing for many. Much respect to those who ignore the politics and grind away day in and day out. But the NZIFBB is not an organisation if you do some research you will find its been converted to a company owned my Moe Moses or Moe El Moussawi plus a couple more names, all are the same person. Moe pays Jim Manion US $10k cash to sponsor the Pittsburgh Pro show as a fee to run the NZIFBB like a licencing fee.

Many people have come out and spoken for fairness but don't really get anywhere unfortunately. Things are changing now. Some people may call it Karma but when you see more and more infomercials for the IFBB or NZIFBB there is issues within the company. Anything built on dishonest foundations does not last. Even the best criminal or dictator stuffs up now or then. This was the last time there was a board hearing in the NZIFBB (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10331352)

There are a number of audios speculating which I have heard. One of them is Moe bragging about how manipulated the results of a show based on who he liked and did not. I hope someone puts them out for the masses to hear and see the real behind the scenes workings, I doubt anyone would want to be associated after that.  

I saw there was a bit of a fuss happening on Facebook, but I didn't see what started it all. (My main thought was, "Thank God that mess is now on Facebook and I don't have to clean it up any more!")

On the weekend ifbb pro jade mackinnon was refused entry into the Waikato show because she dropped moes narlabs brand as sponsor.

Having been on the receiving end of a few fairly threatening phone calls from Moe myself, I'm quite prepared to believe this. But in fairness, I do need to ask whether there was anything more to this story? Was there any other side to consider here, or was this it? This seems pretty blatant, even for Moe.

There are a number of audios speculating which I have heard. One of them is Moe bragging about how manipulated the results of a show based on who he liked and did not. I hope someone puts them out for the masses to hear and see the real behind the scenes workings, I doubt anyone would want to be associated after that.

The recording you posted above shows Moe being quite unpleasant, but I didn't hear anything like the level of corruption you're talking about. But if there are other recordings that are legitimate and unedited, feel free to post them here, Amit. This forum exists as an independent voice for a reason. :)

I can't remember the specific instances now (we'll have them logged somewhere) but it was generally in response to topics started by bodybuilders who were upset with Moe's conduct and the way the NZFBB was run. Some of their comments certainly went too far, and Moe was justified in complaining about these (although he did so with unnecessary aggression). We'd always edit any comments that crossed the boundaries, and leave those that didn't. But he generally seemed to feel that by allowing "haters" to voice their opinions, I was personally taking their side. Which is nonsense, because I've always been careful that the mods and I stay neutral and impartial.

Each time I'd offer him right of reply, but I don't think he ever did. I presume he now blames Mark Zuckerberg when people post anti-NZIFBB comments on Facebook... ;-)

He doesn't really have justification to complain, it's his company. It's like me starting a thread on how shit Harvey Norman is and voicing my personal complaints. If he doesn't like how his athletes are talking about him he could fire/ban/kick them out of his federation ( company ) the same way Facebook has lost jobs for idiots who complain about their jobs on there with co-workers on their friends list. It's a shame forums are for the most part anonymous. I don't think forums are something you could use in court yet as any form of evidence due to the anonimity of them ( I might be wrong ) so it's a case of bad luck mate! I feel for you and the fact he would have got really rukus on the phone calls - tbh you should have recorded any of those conversations.

Just my 2 cents

More to the story? Probably that he offered to help Jade but had other motives behind the offer. Then when people realise it they say no, he doesn't take no for an answer.

So what if Jade quit the sponsorship on bad terms and defaulted a contract if there was one. Since when has integrity and doing the right thing ever been synonymous with the nzifbb. Just look at the history and who they have involved in the fed. That speaks volumes about who they are and what they stand for. Convicted criminals who get their own way by intimidation, throwing money at people and bully boy tactics. Who would want to be judged by a corrupt dictatorship. You have to wonder.

More to the story? Probably that he offered to help Jade but had other motives behind the offer. Then when people realise it they say no, he doesn't take no for an answer.

So what if Jade quit the sponsorship on bad terms and defaulted a contract if there was one. Since when has integrity and doing the right thing ever been synonymous with the nzifbb. Just look at the history and who they have involved in the fed. That speaks volumes about who they are and what they stand for. Convicted criminals who get their own way by intimidation, throwing money at people and bully boy tactics. Who would want to be judged by a corrupt dictatorship. You have to wonder.

This is the point i made. supplement brand and "federation" should be two distinct seperate things.

even if she publicly said that brand is shit that should have no impact on competing in ifbb.

common sense really

i dont know why anyone would choose to compete in/be a part of a federation run/owned by someone so blatantly corrupt

if that muppet is unable to seperate the two then he isn't fit to hold ifbb affiliation 

Conflict of interest.

It would be like Hamish who owns Muscle Fuel and is the president of GPCnz pushing muscle fuel down everyone's throats and using gpcnz and its elite level lifters as a platform for advertising his bussiness. Bribing people and giving them bogus catch 22 sponsorships that are the difference between winning or loosing.

This would never happen!! And when you use that as an example to compare it, it just sounds unreal that it would happen anywhere. but it is the norm and accepted by the nzifbb members as if they are brainwashed.

"The stage where dreams come true" is just one of the many delusional posts i have seen on social media leading up to this weekends nationals. Reminds me of Brian tamaki and destiny church kind of.

It's the fact it's so blatant that cracks me up. And let's be honest the corruption has suited a whole lot of people who should never have won anything let alone get procards.

I guess you just fly under the radar and hope for the best... or buy into his businesses or give him a cash donation or something. It's pretty ridiculous really but yeah cos he runs it as a business then there's kind of no way to get rid of him unless he himself comes unstuck.

Hey guys, new here and not from NZ but just wanted to say everything I have heard over the last few days from Jade and so many others who messaged me that I can't even believe this guy is still around! 

I mean I have heard of Moe before from other athletes over the years just mentioning he holds a monopoly in NZ and is just ugly loser doing what he can to buy friends/girlfriends etc. But the shocking stories, recordings and screen shots I have been sent over the past 24 hours is insane! 

How is this guy still involved as the president of the IFBB? I mean I know he can't be voted out but I am sure if enough voices are heard he can be pushed out! 

I believe as the registered owner/one of the few share holders(him, his wife and some other name?) Its going to be impossible to get rid of him. Im not in any way clued up on how buisnesses work but could they remove his rights to affliate with the ifbb. Thus making nzifbb its own bodybuilding fed/company and pushing athletes/competitors to another fed that will get them places.