Vegan protein powder

James2133

NZ protein do a Natural Pea Isolate.  I got a sample for my wife and she loved it.  Not as chalky as some of the other pea proteins she has used.

Great macros with 24.7g protein per 31g serve

They even do samples couriered out for $3.50ea

Check them out

https://www.nzprotein.co.nz/product/pea-isolate-sample-sachet

I've tried this stuff before

http://www.nuzest.co.nz/clean-lean-protein

For me the taste was 4/10, had an aftertaste and I couldn't stomach too much at a time. I had vanilla, and generally I don't like vanilla, so that could explain a lot of the poor taste for me.

It doesn't mix as easily as other powders I've used.

NZ protein do a Natural Pea Isolate.  I got a sample for my wife and she loved it.  Not as chalky as some of the other pea proteins she has used.

Great macros with 24.7g protein per 31g serve

They even do samples couriered out for $3.50ea

Check them out

https://www.nzprotein.co.nz/product/pea-isolate-sample-sachet

I recommend this as well 

So taking into account that vegetables don't have a complete amino acid profile... do they add aminos to make up the difference. I'm not sure why someone would opt for a vegetable protein powder? I read an interesting article a few days ago and the basic premis was that when testing for concentrations of aminos in a product the test only looks at 2 or 3 aminos which are the cheapest to produce so companies bolster the content of their product with those so the numbers look better but the ratios of aminos in relation to each other can be way out.

So complicated... just eat :)

I think most protein foods have a complete profile, just unfavourable ratios of them?

Like does anybody know wether there is a point in the 'quality' of protein? Like if you are having foods with non animal sources of protein and count this towards your intake, would you actually see a noticable difference in what your body gets out of it?

if thats not an issue I'd actually think about giving these a go, for the fact that whey is a milky food and this plant protein you can turn into a juice or a cold drink so should be quite interesting in terms of how you can drink this.

Inregards to ratios, you should be looking at your protein ratio for all the food consumed in a day, lol, should you not.

Truth be told if you're not eating right then what's the point in using supplements. They're supposed to be supplements to a good diet not something to pick up deficincies in your regular eating :)

Imo food first then supplements then gear... and maybe training lol OK OK OK training first then food.

deficincies in your regular eating

...like those poor souls who are meat-deficient. ;-)

I guess in the case of vegans, much of their protein source comes from beans and peas - and therefore to increase their protein also means a massive increase in carbs. I presume a vegan protein powder gives them their pea protein without such a load of carbs?

I don't have an answer to the amino question though.