Comp day breakfast ideas

Gym rat

Not to sure if this topic has been mentioned in past threads. After my comp breakfast what I had in Wellington back fired on me by having a can of creamed rice,two small cans of wild Alaska salmon and jam due the sodium content in it not to sure of the total amount of sodium that I had in my comp breakfast. But this time around I am leaning towards something that I can eat right away or spending time cooking it. For the macros that I am looking at is high carb,low fat,low sodium ie 18mg or 19mg in it. Guys could you please give me some suggestions which would make things a bit more easy for me when I buy my carb up food when I arrive in Christchurch on the 8th?

ok.

why did it backfire on you? what was the negative effect of the sodium in it?

or have you read somewhere not to have sodium so thats your latest idea? 

how about this one

rice

oats

sweet potato

im not a bodybuilder but those 3 foods fit the requirements you listed

you dont need some delicious fucking treat to reward yourself and call it a carb up

What's wrong with sodium on comp day? It's gonna make you vascular as hell if you're in shape and give you a great pump? Also why low fat? I would instead look at a more mod/high fat, slower release meal followed by fast carb meals like rice cakes and honey etc. For Bfast steak and eggs is good and depending on your condition amping other variables some kumara could also be useful.. Or a bacon and egg sandwich lol. It honestly depends and Id look at the day as a whole rather than focussing just on meal one.

What's wrong with sodium on comp day? It's gonna make you vascular as hell if you're in shape and give you a great pump? Also why low fat? I would instead look at a more mod/high fat, slower release meal followed by fast carb meals like rice cakes and honey etc. For Bfast steak and eggs is good and depending on your condition amping other variables some kumara could also be useful.. Or a bacon and egg sandwich lol. It honestly depends and Id look at the day as a whole rather than focussing just on meal one.

bro dont bother wasting brain power on this situation

before his last comp day he wanted sodium, but since then he's obviously read somewhere not to have sodium.

there is no method behind the madness, and everyone has given so many pointers but he just picks and chooses what he likes the sound of and goes with that

gym rat, if you are not a complete idiot, listed to train like a freak, he knows what hes on about more than the articles you read

from now on im calling you jason genova ok

I have taken train like a freak advice on board and those are good suggestions including honey which I have add to my carb up list when I do buy my carb up food when I arrive in chch . Not to sure what type of honey that I will buy ie liquid honey or normal honey. Might have to compare cost difference by having a look on the countdown website or going into new world to have a look.

I have taken train like a freak advice on board and those are good suggestions including honey which I have add to my carb up list when I do buy my carb up food when I arrive in chch . Not to sure what type of honey that I will buy ie liquid honey or normal honey. Might have to compare cost difference by having a look on the countdown website or going into new world to have a look.

Either or they aren't really any different in price really

I personally find expensive manuka honey, jam and red salmon on vogals orgional the best. But, i use cheap pams strawberry jam. I could probably do better.

What Jam do you use GymRat?

Do you Prefer raspberry or strawberry or another type?

Don't buy jam all that often but when I do go for any type of jam that I feel like buying at the time time.

Gym rat how many grams of jam do you eat and how many grams of sugar does that add up to ?

Don't really keep track of how grams of sugar that eat when I have jam

Have you thought about making your own jam? Just by making the jam you burn a few extra calories. I like to do this after dinner while watching shorthand street.

don't spend much time in the kitchen but good idea

haven't made homemade jam before only seen homemade jam when I have walked past stalls for what ever that maybe

Ok cool, but why dont you spend much time in the kitchen? does someone else cook for you or do you eat out alot /kebabs/maccaz/sushi etc. Just curious because if thats you in your picture and by what you say it seems like you are a competing bodybuilder. Cheers , always interested in different ideas when it come to nutrition. Be cool if you could answer the above and above

Ok cool, but why dont you spend much time in the kitchen? does someone else cook for you or do you eat out alot /kebabs/maccaz/sushi etc. Just curious because if thats you in your picture and by what you say it seems like you are a competing bodybuilder. Cheers , always interested in different ideas when it come to nutrition. Be cool if you could answer the above and above

Spend some time in the kitchen during contest mode and when I am in offseason mode like when I have a cheat day for example I go for something that is easy to heat up like pizza or what ever I feel like have at the time.i do my own cooking when in contest mode

Spend some time in the kitchen during contest mode and when I am in offseason mode like when I have a cheat day for example I go for something that is easy to heat up like pizza or what ever I feel like have at the time.i do my own cooking when in contest mode

Sorry man I find ur answers which are not really answering the question. Like you put pizza in the oven?

Just sounds like you are trolling. No offence

Sorry man I find ur answers which are not really answering the question. Like you put pizza in the oven?

Just sounds like you are trolling. No offence

Yes I put pizza in the oven including other foods the require to be cooked in the oven or cook them on my grill