Total newbie starting in the gym needs a Personal Trainer

frank.ot

Hi Frank :)

im sure u will be able to find something within a reasonable price, however be careful about it as you need to be sure is someone that really knows what he/she is talking about, specially in mature people, I live in Auckland but im sure the boys here will give you a the best advise, they are very nice :)

Hi Frank :)

im sure u will be able to find something within a reasonable price, however be careful about it as you need to be sure is someone that really knows what he/she is talking about, specially in mature people, I live in Auckland but im sure the boys here will give you a the best advise, they are very nice :)

Thanks mate!

I have no clue on who to use for my dad but a name from someone on this forum that would be good to him will be awesome!

Thanks guys :)

Hey Frank - welcome!

We had a discussion about Christchurch gyms and PTs a while back, although I don't think City Fitness Northwood came up. But here it is, in case you can get something useful out of it...

http://www.gymnation.co.nz/topic/19207-new-and-looking-for-advice/?hl=christchurch

TBH, I think you're probably right. If he's 63 and never set foot in a gym before, then probably any PT will be okay to show him the ropes. Often gyms assign a PT to give new members a few free sessions, so whoever he gets should be fine initially. Then if he wants to take it further, he can start looking around at other more experienced PTs.