Powerhouse Open?

moveloveeat

I've just ordered a softsuit, deadlift slippers to try and deadlift socks, guess that means I'm actually going to do more comps! 

I've heard a lot about the powerhouse open in Wellington but haven't seen anything advertised for it, am I just too early?

Anyway - who else is planning on doing this event??

Should be epic. Last years was super packed one of the bigger comps of the year due to the fun factor and everyones family coming to check it out and support - this year will be even better now the house has expanded and has a real mean comp area should be able to squeeze more folks in. Have a few mates who will be doing it as their first comps. Def be there to help them/watch stuff~

Haven't heard too much about who'll be lifting - there's a Canterbury Comp on around the same time or a couple of weekends later which might lure some of the South Island crew.  

The Powerhouse Open's always been exactly that - an Open, with a mix of novices (like me - it was my first comp a while back) and experienced lifters.  It's timed to be about three weeks ahead of the Commonwealth Champs in Vancouver so some of the lifters may use it as a tester.  

If all goes according to plan, there'll probably be three flights, maybe 40-50 lifters - a lot of the locals will use it as their last comp of the year.  

I don't know whether there was an intention to run a Sunday meet, it doesn't happen every year, and Southern Powerlifting just ran a recordbreakers comp in Dunedin last weekend. 

OB, the owner of Powerhouse, has put a lot of time and effort into updating the set-up - there's now a dedicated comp platform, which was used for the first time at the equipped Nationals.