long term Fat loss: just starting out

Mike250

10 hours ago, HarryB said:

Well if you're just hitting macros then it's... iifym. That's all I'm saying. 

32 minutes ago, soundsgood said:

What ever happened to hitting your micros

i dont agree with iifym for anything other than weight (health, sports performance etc don't come into it), but gotta look at it in the context of this 58kg guy trying to gain weight, who was fretting about eating healthy food, and not able to get it in without feeling like spewing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/09/2015 at 2:47 AM, Mike250 said:

thanks. that is quite a large amount of food, especially the carbs

200g of carbs isn't a lot I wouldn't worry about that.

On 16/09/2015 at 3:34 AM, Mike250 said:

i've been off training for a while but I do have a good base built. I think i will focus on fruits and maybe brown bread though I don't think its has nutritious or healthy. 

You need to lay off the fruit for a bit it sounds like you eat a lot so my guess is your liver glycogen stores are gonna be pretty high. Fructose isn't the best form of carbohydrate, yes it's good for fibre and vitamins but fructose can only be metabolised by the liver so if you're eating too much this is gonna increase the amount of triglycerides(fats) in your blood stream. Focus on low GI carbs yes if you're gonna have them but not brown bread. Sweet potato, brown rice and oats. If you want my advice...go ketogenic and as soon as you get into ketosis start cycling your carbs. Your glycogen stores are gonna be huge already so you won't notice a massive drop in energy providing you keep your good fats up such as coconut oil (MCT), fish oil (omega 3), almonds (omega 6) etc although not too many almonds as your body has enough omega 6 to process anyway. By doing this you're going to reduce your blood sugar/fat levels which will improve your overall CV performance and blood flow (pumps anyone) and also shift some body fat pretty quick! It might seem a lot to absorb but keto can be bloody amazing food and not boring as some think.