Jump to content
NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
gazza

Idle ramblings and observations.

Recommended Posts

W10 D2 1/10/20

Bench

45kg x5 

55kg x5 

65kg x3 

75kg x3 

85kg x3 

95kg x5+ 6 good reps here, bit left in the tank but no spotter so it stayed in the tank. Happy with this though, fucked shoulder/arm is holding up well.

Seated flye machine 3x10 

Squeeze press 3x10

Low to high crossover 3x10 

Cable crossover ladder amrap x32 

Squeeze press was done on a medium incline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W10 D3 2/10/20

Squats

72.5kg x5 

87.5kg x5 

105.5kg x3 

122.5kg x3 

140kg x3

157.5kg x5+ hit 5 reps here but the entire block was shit. Back of my right knee, calf and hammy have been playing up for a couple of months now and didn't want to play ball today.

Did some time on the exercylce and called it a day.

Still hit the minimum rep target so I'll take the positive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been buggered all last week with a gastro bug and now my right hammy has spat the dummy as well.

Had a good solid 10 weeks  will look to test the waters towards the end of the week.

Enjoying the Wendlers type reps and percentages on bench and deads but my squats really aren't happening the way I'd hoped. Will look at tweaking them a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W11, D1 19/10/20

First day back after a 2 week break due to illness.

Bodyweight is 89.5kg

Deads 

120kg x5 

140kg x5 

160kg x5 

180kg 3x3

Dumbell row 3x10

Straight arm pulldowns 3x12 

Back extension 3x12 

Deads felt good, bit gassed by the 3rd set of 180 but still moved ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W11 D2 & D3 20/10/20 & 21/10/20

Bis and tris.

Delts.

Nothing fancy, just keeping them ticking over. Full workouts are posted previously in my log.

Squat day tomorrow 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ohjoshua said:

Strong Deads and Squats.

 

I am still trying to learn to squat after all this time :P

Lol my squats suck at the moment, struggling with form and rhythm. Can't get my head into them at the moment. You're definitely making progress again judging by your journal 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W11, D4&5 (sort of)

Squats

3x8 @ 100kg

3x3 @150kg

Bench

3x5 @ 60kg, 70kg, 80kg 

3x3 @ 90kg 

Been a bit of mad week but made sure I got the big 3 done.

Have not been happy with squats for a while so I've backed off to work on my technique. 

1st set at 150kg was a bit iffy depth wise but the last 2 felt good, slight pause at the bottom. 

Right knee, calf, hammy was feeling good today.

Happy with bench, all sets were pretty easy. Ruined shoulder feels good, form felt nice and tight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 4:34 PM, gazza said:

Lol my squats suck at the moment, struggling with form and rhythm. Can't get my head into them at the moment. You're definitely making progress again judging by your journal 👍

yeah but your squats still much better than me and I am heavier lol. I am mainly focus on bench the rest of this year. I want to hit 160kg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 4:59 PM, gazza said:

W11, D4&5 (sort of)

Squats

3x8 @ 100kg

3x3 @150kg

Bench

3x5 @ 60kg, 70kg, 80kg 

3x3 @ 90kg 

Been a bit of mad week but made sure I got the big 3 done.

Have not been happy with squats for a while so I've backed off to work on my technique. 

1st set at 150kg was a bit iffy depth wise but the last 2 felt good, slight pause at the bottom. 

Right knee, calf, hammy was feeling good today.

Happy with bench, all sets were pretty easy. Ruined shoulder feels good, form felt nice and tight.

how long has your should been bad for? I hurt mine a bit recently doing face pulls wrong. but its getting better each week now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ohjoshua said:

how long has your should been bad for? I hurt mine a bit recently doing face pulls wrong. but its getting better each week now.

I had a tumour removed from the middle of my upper arm along with about 60% of my medial delt, a chunk of lateral tricep and a smidgen of the brachialis, there's some pics on here somewhere of everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gazza said:

I had a tumour removed from the middle of my upper arm along with about 60% of my medial delt, a chunk of lateral tricep and a smidgen of the brachialis, there's some pics on here somewhere of everything. 

yikes, I am surprised that you can even bench at all. Sorry to hear that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ohjoshua said:

yikes, I am surprised that you can even bench at all. Sorry to hear that

 

Don't be sorry man, that's life. Bench has been a long time coming back. Lots of dumbbells and Smith machine stuff.

Never been a big bencher, did 120kg for 6 reps in a previous life lol. Wanted to rep 100kg, which I did. Now looking to build on that, be happy with a single at 120kg now. Trying to build my deads and Squats mainly so I can have a crack at a comp. Never done one before so it should be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W12, D1

Deads

120kg x5 

140kg x5 

160kg x5 

3x3 @ 190kg

Dumbell row 3x10

Straight arm pulldowns 3x10

Incline Dumbell curl 3x12 

Procrastination level = expert!!

Took a lot of effort to drag my tired old arse to the gym after a couple of main days at work.

First set of 190kg felt heavy as f*ck but the last set flew up. Not sure what was going on, took a bit of time to get my head space right.

Hit my numbers though so definitely a win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W12, D2

Bench

60kg x5 

70kg x5 

80kg x5 

95kg 3x3

Seated flye machine 3x10 

Incline Squeeze press 3x10 

Low to high cable raise 3x10 followed by an AMRAP ladder set.

Bench was good, bit sore after deads the day before though.  Had a spotter for the last set of 3 but didn't need them, it actually went better than my first set lol.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 12:34 PM, gazza said:

W12, D1

Deads

120kg x5 

140kg x5 

160kg x5 

3x3 @ 190kg

Dumbell row 3x10

Straight arm pulldowns 3x10

Incline Dumbell curl 3x12 

Procrastination level = expert!!

Took a lot of effort to drag my tired old arse to the gym after a couple of main days at work.

First set of 190kg felt heavy as f*ck but the last set flew up. Not sure what was going on, took a bit of time to get my head space right.

Hit my numbers though so definitely a win

Sick deads (pun intended)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still fucken crook! Struggling with the head cold from hell, but at least now my head no longer feels like it's going to explode and I'm not constantly sneezing.

Plant to at least get a squat session in this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18/11/20

First foray in to the gym for the best part of 3 weeks.

Did some Squats and bench, nothing too nutty.

Squats 

3x8 @100KG 

3x3 @140kg 

Bench

3x5 @ 60kg, 70kg, 80kg

3x3 @ 90kg 

Everything felt ok. Right knee/hammy/calf still a bit niggly but not too bad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26/11/20

Deads

120kg x5 

140kg x5 

160kg x5 

3x3 @ 180kg

Bench

60kg x5 

70kg x5 

80kg x5 

3x3 @ 90kg

Getting done what I can when I can, life is nuts at the moment 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 3:51 PM, gazza said:

18/11/20

First foray in to the gym for the best part of 3 weeks.

Did some Squats and bench, nothing too nutty.

Squats 

3x8 @100KG 

3x3 @140kg 

Bench

3x5 @ 60kg, 70kg, 80kg

3x3 @ 90kg 

Everything felt ok. Right knee/hammy/calf still a bit niggly but not too bad.

 

Why do you do 3*8 100kg for squats and then 3*3 140kg? is the 3*8 a warm up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ohjoshua said:

Why do you do 3*8 100kg for squats and then 3*3 140kg? is the 3*8 a warm up?

Yeh pretty much. Just trying to get some volume at a low weight and focus on my form a bit. Struggling with finding a good groove with squats, have been for ages. Depth is not there, so doing pauses on the sets of 8. I'm planning on having a crack at my first ever powerlifting comp next year and my squat depth needs work.

Kinda just making it up as I go along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2/12/20

Deads and bench

120kg x5 

160kg x5

160kg x5 

3x3 @180kg

 

60kg x5 

70kg x5 

80kg x5 

90kg 3x3

2nd set of deads was meant to be 140kg but I was too busy talking and not paying attention to my maths.

All deads were beltless today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×