Magnesson-Ortmayer Deadlift Program

Bigken1985

Yeah their choice i guess. Id never do that though if i owned a gym though, all would be welcome. Nothings bigger than the sport of powerlifting and what somebody does or doesnt choose to use is no worry of mine and does not make one better than the other. Having somebody train in your gym and enter an IPF comp are two seperate things. 

agree

bit off topic but jelly as of the guys iv met here that own pl/strength gyms

dont make a heap of money im guessing but they get to hang out all the time and yarn and spot and coach etc all day, 2 iv been to recently had couches set up etc and people just hanging out and watching and cheering people on etc its a real cool environment. if i won lotto thats what i would like to do for a job

i was curious about setup cost so had a little google, the price of a single eleiko 25kg plate boggled my mind lol

agree

bit off topic but jelly as of the guys iv met here that own pl/strength gyms

dont make a heap of money im guessing but they get to hang out all the time and yarn and spot and coach etc all day, 2 iv been to recently had couches set up etc and people just hanging out and watching and cheering people on etc its a real cool environment. if i won lotto thats what i would like to do for a job

i was curious about setup cost so had a little google, the price of a single eleiko 25kg plate boggled my mind lol

Funny you say that i just said the exact thing to my mrs the other night that if i won lotto id do that and just hang out all day. Hire an an elite level coach so he can train people up and then i can take off on holiday when i want.  Yeah its expensive aye. but such nice equipment that would last forever. 

Yeah bro plates cost heaps! Theres a gym up the coast from me here where a bunch of the lifters each bought 1 plate each and they all store them at the gym and then have group training sessions so they get to lift with comp bars/plates etc pretty cool idea! Its so different using comp gear vs big clunky plates which are bigger, yet have smaller radius etc!

In regards to above - there will be people there on gear, they just arent honest. Id rather be honest than have someone talking behind my back making me look like a liar etc aye - just sucks cos there are pictures of Flex and Arnie etc on the walls, Im forever winding him up about it haha but being allowed casuals is fine too :)

Yeah bro plates cost heaps! Theres a gym up the coast from me here where a bunch of the lifters each bought 1 plate each and they all store them at the gym and then have group training sessions so they get to lift with comp bars/plates etc pretty cool idea! Its so different using comp gear vs big clunky plates which are bigger, yet have smaller radius etc!

In regards to above - there will be people there on gear, they just arent honest. Id rather be honest than have someone talking behind my back making me look like a liar etc aye - just sucks cos there are pictures of Flex and Arnie etc on the walls, Im forever winding him up about it haha but being allowed casuals is fine too :)

oh yeah didnt read that you're allowed casuals then, no issue, just a shame about price but allgood

imo the order of importance for good equipment goes in order deadlift, bench, squat, so if you can get deadlift done in PH thats good, dead and bench - even better. 

Im gonna have to suck it up and do the commutes to PTC for my deadlift tuesdays soon, miss that good bar feeling

PTC is so sick looking in pics! So jelly :o

yeah man at end of this month i switch from contract to perm in my job which means itll make sense getting a membership there because its 10 mins walk from my work, didnt wanna piss them off signing up if im gonna be leaving at end of my work contract so hopefully that all lines up and il train at ptc sth melbourne all the time

i havent been to ptc hq yet but it looks even more intense, thats the og one markos started