Magnesson-Ortmayer Deadlift Program

Bigken1985

A couple of years ago i ran this program, i made the best gains to date, i was reasonably new to PL but i went from around 205kg to 227.5kg. 

I really like the simplicity of it, and it is a lot of volume but i get the feeling thats what my deadlift needs, you do have to run the deloads every 4th week otherwise you get cooked

Anyone else used this or have any opinions, thinking about jumping on it again to get my pull moving

http://ironmillstrong.com/review-of-magnussonortmayer-deadlift-program/

Just quickly browsed as I'm going out will check in for more thoughts later.

Looks to be a dead lift once per week program vs some of those other ridiculous dead lift every second day programs. My current program has me dead'n once per week, its the most frequency ill dead, brutal lift needs recovery time. Volume wise its a wee bit more than Im doing now, but not much, looks good~

I guess if you are smart like you guys say you can probably dead lift more than once no problem personally i need the recovery time and like once a week max lol im looking to add 20+kg with this program im doing now so the goal is a 320 pull in december im hoping the adrenaline on the day gives me more but ill be stroke either way

I guess if you are smart like you guys say you can probably dead lift more than once no problem personally i need the recovery time and like once a week max lol im looking to add 20+kg with this program im doing now so the goal is a 320 pull in december im hoping the adrenaline on the day gives me more but ill be stroke either way

chill bro.

Would you say 300 is your current 1RM?

Current as of today? Not sure - really hard to tell. I train as you know at Les Mills and they have shit equipment - last comp I did my 1RM going into the comp was 265 and as you know I ended up pulling 300 ( and on video looks like I could have eeked out at least 10 more on that ) I "tested" some lifts for the program I got from Thomas and I only got a 280 pull for my dead and failed 295 - but again that's in a gym with a girls 15kg bar and clunky plates with no atmosphere I was also only 104kg and not in any shape or form peaking with programming or other stuff... :P

Wrote long answer because I know you're about to mock me, somehow, dick! Haha

Current as of today? Not sure - really hard to tell. I train as you know at Les Mills and they have shit equipment - last comp I did my 1RM going into the comp was 265 and as you know I ended up pulling 300 ( and on video looks like I could have eeked out at least 10 more on that ) I "tested" some lifts for the program I got from Thomas and I only got a 280 pull for my dead and failed 295 - but again that's in a gym with a girls 15kg bar and clunky plates with no atmosphere I was also only 104kg and not in any shape or form peaking with programming or other stuff... :P

Wrote long answer because I know you're about to mock me, somehow, dick! Haha

So you're saying you lift more when I'm there

Don you go to PH which is probably best equipped PL gym in NZ lol...

Check my instagrams I've been there once in the last 5 weeks ( or less )  it's 15 a pop, im going to go there for deads for the rest of my prep if things go well - they do have an okie bar for me to use~ But my normal gym as you will see when I upload a bench video later will be at Les Mills benching on a fat, non standard gym bar from a useless non comp bench platform - unlike the one your gym brought for you, you high rolling son of a gun! 

Oh sorry I thought you were a member. that Chinese replica comp bench in my gym is great for texting on bro... U mad? Lol.

Ascension would be better than les mills, I trained there in august when i went to wgtn. Just maybe buy a powerbar and you'd be away.

If you asked nicely I'm sure Hamish would teach you sumo...

Yeah bro trying to get Sups to buy an Okie! Wookie I can't join PH as Im not IPF approved, Im honest about "stuff" so I can only train there casually, not join. Which is a bit stink but I understand and respect Wa's decision

Yeah bro trying to get Sups to buy an Okie! Wookie I can't join PH as Im not IPF approved, Im honest about "stuff" so I can only train there casually, not join. Which is a bit stink but I understand and respect Wa's decision

You cant join there gym if you arent ipf approved? How do they go staying afloat financially?

Skeletor - by IPF approved I mean .. uhmm I probably wouldn't pass the piss in a cup test, if you get my jist? And Im very honest about stuff like that as I dont believe in lying to make yourself look like a hero in the gym, so I told him. Ive seen people there who are also the same but they obviously didnt say anything

Skeletor - by IPF approved I mean .. uhmm I probably wouldn't pass the piss in a cup test, if you get my jist? And Im very honest about stuff like that as I dont believe in lying to make yourself look like a hero in the gym, so I told him. Ive seen people there who are also the same but they obviously didnt say anything

I think i get ya bro. So does that mean they wont allow a membership because you choose to use certain  "advanced supps"  ?

I think i get ya bro. So does that mean they wont allow a membership because you choose to use certain  "advanced supps"  ?

can see it from both sides, not a good look for ipf affiliated gym to have openly non nattys in there, but on the other hand, they own the business they should be allowed to allow whoever they want in

can see it from both sides, not a good look for ipf affiliated gym to have openly non nattys in there, but on the other hand, they own the business they should be allowed to allow whoever they want in

Yeah their choice i guess. Id never do that though if i owned a gym though, all would be welcome. Nothings bigger than the sport of powerlifting and what somebody does or doesnt choose to use is no worry of mine and does not make one better than the other. Having somebody train in your gym and enter an IPF comp are two seperate things.