NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Rach.M

Wanting to compete!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, I've signed up because I'm interested in competing next year. 

I would like to do bikini or figure (would prefer bikini) but I am worried my body just isn't cut out for it. I mean just how lean will I need to get?

I have been strength training for two years now and I currently weigh 60.5kg and I'm 5'5.5. I've been as low 57kg, but I think I've got more muscle now, my measurement are only 2cm more on my thighs and hips.

Below is a link to some photos - i'd love to hear what you guys think? The photos are all from this week, except for the one in the red bikini which is from January and I weighed 57kg.

I know I need to loose fat in my lower body - upper thighs and butt, I'm focusing on clean eating and strength training to build muscle in that area.

Thanks

Hi Rach.M

There is absolutely no reason why you could not do bikini or figure successfully.

Bikini contestants generally come down to about 10% which is definitely achievable for you.

Continuing your weight training into next year will give you a good base to compete and will build lean mass as you wish, great stuff!

Keep posting here and you will gets loads of encouragement.

HI Rachel good on you wanting to compete in the new year and getting to the stage it's a fun and exciting journey. I would suggest having a read of the rules for figure in the feds who have figure classes which are nabba/wff,nabba, nzifbb also inba as well which is natural bodybuilding federation not to sure what the judging cetera is for that federation