Get Strenth Safety Squat Bar

Bigken1985

Lol yep I got one. I really like squatting with it to. Took like 7 or 8 weeks to arrive I think. May have been 6 but was ages. .

Hope they threw in some free straps or something. They say 2-3 weeks and at 3 weeks contact them. Will have forgotten about it after 6 weeks lol

Hope they threw in some free straps or something. They say 2-3 weeks and at 3 weeks contact them. Will have forgotten about it after 6 weeks lol

Oh trust me i contacted them after the 3 weeks. Theres a thread on it in here somewhere. There was all sorts of storys as to why it was delayed. Hadnt been painted yet, then courier has it, then they had changed courier companies so it was now with another courier. Got nothing free but the bar is excellent.  i squat high bar as it is so with it sitting up on traps like it does it felt perfect and the squat itself feels completely natural to me. 

Oh trust me i contacted them after the 3 weeks. Theres a thread on it in here somewhere. There was all sorts of storys as to why it was delayed. Hadnt been painted yet, then courier has it, then they had changed courier companies so it was now with another courier. Got nothing free but the bar is excellent.  i squat high bar as it is so with it sitting up on traps like it does it felt perfect and the squat itself feels completely natural to me. 

its a shame a company that makes a good product does that eh, even if they said its up to 10 week wait least then someone will be stoked when it takes 8 weeks, rather than say 3 weeks lol

its a shame a company that makes a good product does that eh, even if they said its up to 10 week wait least then someone will be stoked when it takes 8 weeks, rather than say 3 weeks lol

Yeah exactly bro.  Why not just say its going to be approx 6-8 weeks in the first place. They gave me half the same stories they gave Tom.  Youd think they would at least carry a few in stock to. 

I got mine now so don't actually care. The guys at bench camp in west Auckland who did my rack actually do just as good a job as a fraction of the price I dunno if they do bars but benches, racks, monos, cages, whatever you want. It's awesome.

Importing a bar is a pain in the arse I looked into it about a squat bar and the power bar before I bought my TPB. Exchange rate is shit, shipping costs, customs duty. It can actually end up being really expensive. Local is the way to go if they f*ck you around not much you can do except rubbish them afterwards.

I got mine now so don't actually care. The guys at bench camp in west Auckland who did my rack actually do just as good a job as a fraction of the price I dunno if they do bars but benches, racks, monos, cages, whatever you want. It's awesome.

Importing a bar is a pain in the arse I looked into it about a squat bar and the power bar before I bought my TPB. Exchange rate is shit, shipping costs, customs duty. It can actually end up being really expensive. Local is the way to go if they f*ck you around not much you can do except rubbish them afterwards.

would buy one of their deadlift jacks for my gym here if shipping wasnt such a bitch

Would it be worth it somebody manufacturing bars locally Tom?

Would it be worth it somebody manufacturing bars locally Tom?

Yeah man if you did like a run of 30 giant cambered bars or ssb I reckon you could sell them all no problem if they were good. The steel is cheap enough for a bar. Powerbars and stuff might be more difficult in not sure bro. I'm not skilled or have knowledge in that stuff.

I see that industrial athletic is stocking tpbs now

specialty bars like axle bars, ssb and all that could prob manufacture easy enough locally. i'm no expert either but i was under the impression that you have to invest in some pretty good machinery / skills to come out with stuff that's within IWF specs, decent bars without being too thick that whip but come back to right shape etc. and weigh exactly 20kg. don't forget they'd have to price it competitvely too otherwise people just buy the overseas made cheaper goods.

• 2 weeks later...