Lifter in Timaru

Bigken1985

Keen on a new training partner, i train in evenings, train for powerlifting but dont care if someone just wast to lift for fun. I have a garage gym and it would be nice to have a training partner

I'm going to be moving down to rolleston in a few weeks for about 2 months for work and looking for somewhere to lift Bro.

What's your setup?

Rack, 2 bars, trap bar, plates, oly dumbells, standard ez bar, multi gym i just got i need to fix, flat bench, adjustable incline bench, prolock collars, racks on a plywood platform i made, got sounds too. Only issue would be rolleston is over an hour away 

Mint setup. I'm not sure exactly where I will be based a few projects going on down in the south could be at Westland (Hoki), Synlait (South Christchurch), Rollenston or Edendale (invercargill). 

All probably a bit far from Timaru. 

The bar you have, is that the Olympic competition bar from no1fitness? I find it far to fat got one myself wanting to buy a volt or something with a 28mm diameter to replace it.  

Mint setup. I'm not sure exactly where I will be based a few projects going on down in the south could be at Westland (Hoki), Synlait (South Christchurch), Rollenston or Edendale (invercargill). 

Sweet as bro, if you end up getting work at Clandeboye or Sutudholme, they are both around 20-30mins away from me. so feel free to hit me up any time bro

The bar you have, is that the Olympic competition bar from no1fitness? I find it far to fat got one myself wanting to buy a volt or something with a 28mm diameter to replace it.  

Yeah the one in the rack is the No1 comp bar. Blew the bearing on it which they replaced. been going strong ever since. The other one is the Volt. I quite like it. it sits necely on the back being 28mm, its got reasonable whip, but not crazy, I dont like benching with the Volt though, guess im just not used to it, and has not bent yet. Long term id love a TPB, but looking around 6-700nzd. I shouild have a get strength SSB coming for my birthday in the next couple of months

I normally lift after work around five though it varies, been lifting for years and can do decent weight at times. Yeah I'm on facebook

I normally lift around 6-7. But try and get out earlier. Got to pick daughter up after work then sort dinner out. When wife is working. If I'm organised I can be out there 6. Weds I don't train normally