Knee issue

Bigken1985

Hey brahs

After Nationals first time back squatting my knee was not right. I hit 3 sets and had to stop. I let it heal for a good 3 weeks, went to phisio, she told me it was a hammie and did faurk all. I tried squatting again last night, and it does not really feel much better. It certainly could be do do with a imbalance i have going on too. its like the lower i get in the squat the worse it feels. its not excruciating, but its kind of like a pulling/ slightly nub feeling, i can also feel a slight pulling in my lower quad by the knee when i stretch my quad also .  Probably going to stay off squats and take a full deload next week, but not squatting confidently is making me cry. 

Kno those feels bigken, my left knee/ lower quad pings every now and then, just means im not able to  squat f all, been to physio twice and they just say come back in a weeks time to see if its better, well its not its still the same. So im like you just cbf with physio at the mo, I just stretch etc, ride mtb for warm ups. Sometimes a can`t even do a single leg extension with only a bar without it giving a sharp stabbing pain ppfft.

Kno those feels bigken, my left knee/ lower quad pings every now and then, just means im not able to  squat f all, been to physio twice and they just say come back in a weeks time to see if its better, well its not its still the same. So im like you just cbf with physio at the mo, I just stretch etc, ride mtb for warm ups. Sometimes a can`t even do a single leg extension with only a bar without it giving a sharp stabbing pain ppfft.

It sucks for sure bro. my whole right side is tight and that's the same side as the knee, quad and hammie are pretty knotted up. Im considering booking in with the doctor next week. see if he can help. Might actually be able to refer me at a decent phisio, and get a scan on it

Oh and I had a slight tear in something I think it was my cartilage from memory lol I should remember but I dont. I worked with a physio and a sports doctor and all it really did was let me know what was wrong. In regards to healing the only thing that worked was time and rest

Had same sort of thing, Its taken 6 months of not lifting, had pain in knee for almost year before got looked at. Only just last few weeks only just started legpress again. Pb today ha ha 90kg*25.

Just rest up I should of done it from beginning would of been healed long time ago. Switch to maybe a bench based programme give it at least a month.

And skip physio get a referral to a sports med doctor. They know what to look at and can order MRI and x-ray.

• 2 weeks later...