The body weight squat challenge

maccaz

because i helped make the rules for this etc i wont be able to win or get prizes so i did a entry for fun anyway

I weighed in at 107.3 * 1.5 gave me 160.95 so went for 160kg

didnt follow the rules for filming weigh in etc cos cbf hassle in this gym on my own with noone to film me wouldntwin because i didnt do very well anyway but was fun 

Couldn't find how to upload on this site since I am new but i uploaded it on the GymNation page and here is the link. I did 50 Kg 1 Leg Pistol Squats + my current weight is 90 kgs. I only did one rep as 50 kg + 90kg bodyweight is my MAX. Tried to keep as clean form as possible thought it was a great challenge. Here's my entry guys

Craig 

Couldn't find how to upload on this site since I am new but i uploaded it on the GymNation page and here is the link. I did 50 Kg 1 Leg Pistol Squats + my current weight is 90 kgs. I only did one rep as 50 kg + 90kg bodyweight is my MAX. Tried to keep as clean form as possible thought it was a great challenge. Here's my entry guys

Craig 

bit off the mark on the rules but that was cool bro good balance

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10207584244467824

Craig

do you ever do these using a barbel ?

Wow thats so impressive! Rebel you gonna raise on that ?

Sorry guys l have a few problems atm and no l am not going to be able to put a challenge up.

Perhaps in a few weeks when l get issues sorted l will complete the challenge just for the sake of it.

Some pretty impressive lifts coming out now... Good to see.

Alpha_wings, pistol squats are hard at the best of times, but with an extra 50kg? Faaark! Nice one, man. We'll definitely be doing a more calisthenic comp down the track, so stick around.

And Tom, you are just a machine!

Craig 

nice, not quite back squat challenge but damn, pistol squat with 50kg thats mad, why don't you use a barbell, is it easier for balance this way or other reason?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10207584244467824

Craig

Gave weighted pistols a go a while ago. Managed to get one on 48kg holding a couple kettlebells. Never thought about standing on a box though,might make it a bit easier to keep the weight off the ground.

https://youtu.be/9pfW9gLBPxo

had another crack today, made 27 at 152.5kgs - few high ones and not full locks at the start but no chance at beating TL, had strained lower left side of back so was maybe this was a bad call, cant bend at all now lol pb though, still gutted not to get to 30, could still go up and down fast but heart and just standing at the end was gone, fun challenge but will prob never go over 5 reps again!

weigh in, done after squats (sorry about pasty dadbod needed full weight reduction)

squats:

nice, not quite back squat challenge but damn, pistol squat with 50kg thats mad, why don't you use a barbell, is it easier for balance this way or other reason?

Hey bro, it is actually much harder to add a weight behind your back because it's pulling you back and throws you off balance. I can do them with only 25 kgs. Thought I'd chip all in for 50kg since it's a bit different. Thank for the support though :) 

Craig