NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Gym rat

Operation getting massive

that would be next Saturday when I come off gum and supplements for a week so I won't look bloated on stage which not be a good look

So you're not worried about the 500g carbs you're going to be eating making you look bloated ? But you're worried about a couple pieces of sugarfree gum ?

So you're not worried about the 500g carbs you're going to be eating making you look bloated ? But you're worried about a couple pieces of sugarfree gum ?

How many national level bodybuilding shows have you done bro?

That's what I have done in the past when I have competed by ditching the gum for the week but I don't mind giving up gum for a week,

How many national level bodybuilding shows have you done bro?

couple of weeks time this would be my fourth show that I will be doing.

I have done zero national level shows. Come to think of it I have done zero regional shows..

I guess I know nothing.

Go ahead oh glorious Ratty Bibby.

I may have to hire you as a coach if I ever decide I'm good enough for a bodybuilding show.

I have done zero national level shows. Come to think of it I have done zero regional shows..

I guess I know nothing.

Go ahead oh glorious Ratty Bibby.

I may have to hire you as a coach if I ever decide I'm good enough for a bodybuilding show.

Ive heard that the pans is a good show to do for your first couple of shows. Pretty easy to get to from places in the south island such as dunedin, chch, or nelson as they do direct flights to Auckland. I know theres comps at all of these south island cities but maybe give the pans in auckland some serious thought. Its all just part of the cost of competing. Bodybuilding is not a cheap sport.

I have done the pans couple of times it's a good show. After seeing some photos from this years pans on Instagram thought glad I made the right move by taking a rain check on this years show I discovered and learnt that doing two shows in eight weeks is very hard and not good for ones general health and well being.

I have done the pans couple of times it's a good show. After seeing some photos from this years pans on Instagram thought glad I made the right move by taking a rain check on this years show I discovered and learnt that doing two shows in eight weeks is very hard and not good for ones general health and well being.

No it's fine. Many people do 2 shows in a much shorter time frame.

No it's fine. Many people do 2 shows in a much shorter time frame.

but for me it was hard towards the end given that I was cutting 175 days or half of the year.

but for me it was hard towards the end given that I was cutting 175 days or half of the year.

Yeah well that's just stupid. If you did it properly and didn't cheat or fire coaches then you would only need to cut for less than half of that.

Quads

Leg extensions 3x20 39kg,45kg,51kg

Leg press 5x20 4pps,5pps,6pps,7pps,8pps

Hack squats 5x20 70kg,80kg,90kg,100kg,110kg

Leg extensions 4x10-15 77kg,85kg,91kg,95kg

Today being the second last quad train before my comp and thought I make it a hard one. When I got up to the last set for leg press triple drop set came to mind and did that for the last set until I was down to two plates per side. By then my quads were starting to feel pump with lots of blood rushing into them. Walking from the leg press to the hack squat was fun plus had to rest for a couple of minutes in between sets to get my heart rate back down to its normal resting rate. When I got up to leg extensions my quads were fryed and when I was done training went over to the streaching area to give my quads a good streach. While I was streaching was rather glad that I wasn't doing any cardio today or I would have been struggling on the treadmill after killing my quads

Shoulders,calfs and cardio

Seated shoulder press 1x15 22kg,4x10 48kg,54kg,58kg,64kg

DB lateral raise 4x10 12kgs,14kgs,15kgs,17kgs

DB front raise 4x10 12kgs,15kgs,17kgs,20kgs

DB shoulder press 4x10 20kgs,22kgs,25kgs,30kgs

Calf press 3x20 5pps,6pps,7pps

Standing calf raise 3x20 124kg,130kg,150kg

Cross trainer 25 minutes

Before I started to train this morning I thought for the next two weeks before I fly up to wellngton it's going to be a mental ball game for me and during this time will think of any ifbb pro who is in there final stages of prep for the Olympia as a roll model and I can do this . Came up with a plan for peak week by keeping things simple which would include by not dropping sodium and getting my protein from natural foods. For when I do carb up going to drop water and only drink coffee and green tea. Noticed today whole I was getting my cans of tuna for work . noticed that my energy levels are a bit better compare to last week when I was feeling tired and run was glad to make that change in my diet by having extra carbs in my breakfast plus it's doing the job which is good and that's what I want.

Arms and cardio

Ezy bar curls 1x15 19kg,4x10 39kg,43kg,45kg,48kg

DB hammer curls 4x10 20kgs,22kgs,25kgs,30kgs

overhead cable curls 4x10 35pps,45pps,55pps,65pps

Triceps push down 1x20 65,4x10 125,135,145,175 pounds

Dips 4x10

Triceps rope push down 4x10 45,55,75,95 pounds

Treadmill 25 minutes

When I was biking to the gym this morning and was thinking of some options for next week for the last hamstring and quads before my comp. Came up with a plan which is my using moderate weights in the 10-15 rep range. Energy levels were good through out the day yesterday despite being up since 5:40am. Was rather surprised that I had energy to work on my routine given that I have been up since twenty to six. Was thinking if was a quad day it would have been the other way around were by body and mind would have been thinking sleep. Noticed that I am starting to get low on whey at home. If I do run out between now and peak week which will be next Saturday figure that will natural sources of protein instead like tuna in spring water etc. Looking forward to having a refeed day tomorrow which will be the last one before my comp.

Noticed this morning that I am down to my last serving of whey before peak week starts next Saturday . Thought might as well start using natural sources of protein now and save time ordering a tub of whey. Worked out the macros on myfitnes to see how much protein that I would be getting on low carb as a rough guide came to 221g of protein and the same about that I would be getting when having a protein shake which include my other sources of protein through out the day while I am cutting. For the final three sessions of cardio that I have got left in the gym will be modrate to high intensity twenty minutes each. Thought of a good song yesterday which would be ideal for the last five minutes of cardio for my prep which is the final countdown by Europe . Starting to have visions of having rice cakes topped with jam of any type while I am carbing up including Nutella which I will be using on game day.

Some great planning has gone into this prep I can see.... Not sure if no plan at all or plan so complicated we are adjusting it everyday.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt bibby and say you are making adjustments daily to come in peak condition

Does Nutella really class as a type of Jam Bibby ?

Careful with your natty sources of protein too, gotta make sure tou don't test positive for unnatural levels of aminos

Nutella gets classed as a good source of good fats and no I have not been tested but. When I did the pans last year there was a guy on growth hormones and I could tell right away because of the gh gut.

Nutella gets classed as a good source of good fats and no I have not been tested but. When I did the pans last year there was a guy on growth hormones and I could tell right away because of the gh gut.

So you're guna be carbing up on "Jams including Nutella" but you now say it's a good source of fats ? Where did you learn nutrition ?

Also did you tell the competition organisers of your suspicion of him using Growth Hormone ? Are you sure he wasn't just fat ?