Operation getting massive

Gym rat

Thought I start a journal up since I have come back to gym nation training five times a week and doing cardio five times a week in the gym while I am prepping. Training plan for my prep is

Monday chest,calfs, treadmill 30 minutes,20 minutes before bed is spent working on my posing routine

Expect for Wednesday night when i feel tired from training quads.

Tuesday back,hamstrings 30 minutes bike fat burn mode

Wednesday quads 30 minutes treadmill

Thursday shoulders,calfs 30 minutes cross trainer

Friday arms 30 minutes treadmill

Saturday rest day high carb day

Sunday posing practice

Today was back,hamstrings and cardio

Bent over bb row 1x15 60kg,4x10 100kg,105kg,108kg,110kg

T bar row 4x10 100kg,105kg,108kg,110kg

One arm DB row 4x10 40kg,42kg,45kg,50kg

DB pullovers 4x10 30kg,32kg,35kg,40kg

DB rdls 4x10 30kgs,32kgs,35kgs,39kg

Standing leg curls 4x10 24kg,30kg,36kg,42kg

Bike 30 minutes

Today was back and hamstrings workout 2 which gives me a bit more variate in my training and do that for other muscle groups as well. Had to get a couple of people to help lift off the weights that I was using for t bar row since my strength levels were a bit flat being a low carb today and being five and half weeks out. Figured that will have to do that for the rest of my prep. Weight is five weeks out is 84kg and hope to drop another 4 or 5kg between no I fly up to Wellington on the 17th of September . Might have a refeed in a couple of weeks time depending on how I am feeling which would include engery levels as well.

If you do well at the Wellington Champs do you plan on doing NABBA/WFF Nationals in Christchurch Bibby ?

I live in Christchurch and will gladly pay whatever the ticket price to come and see The Rat in person own that stage.

I will also ask for an autograph on my stringer if you have time in your busy schedule

That's the plan plus I don't have to travel all that far since nabba/wff Nats are in Christchurch this year which is a bonus for me with shorter travel distance

Quads and cardio

Leg extensions 2x20 39kg,45kg, 4x10 87kg,91kg,95kg,101kg

Bulgarian squats 5x10 15kgs,17kgs,20kgs,22kgs,25kgs

Leg press 4x10 6pps,7pps,8pps,9pps

Hack squats 4x10 120kg,130kg,135kg,140kg

Treadmill 30 minutes

Had a good session this morning plus it wasn't as frosty biking to work as well which was good but still cold. Had to put a couple of extra jackets on to help me keep extra warm when biking to. When I was done training took a couple of photos of me with my phone and will post them on instagram when I get home from work. Doin things a bit different diet wise this year by not having much red meat in my meals and only having steak twice a week instead of having mince all the time. Which I did last year and made me feel bloated at times and having tuna in spring water in my meals plus it saves extra time when it comes time to time preping my meals for the day. For my posing routine will be using Linkin Park what I have done. Was going to use ryback meat on the table or Brock Lesnar music the next big thing in the early stages of when I was deciding on what type of music to use for my posing routine.

Quads and cardio

Leg extensions 2x20 39kg,45kg, 4x10 87kg,91kg,95kg,101kg

Bulgarian squats 5x10 15kgs,17kgs,20kgs,22kgs,25kgs

Leg press 4x10 6pps,7pps,8pps,9pps

Hack squats 4x10 120kg,130kg,135kg,140kg

Treadmill 30 minutes

Had a good session this morning plus it wasn't as frosty biking to work as well which was good but still cold. Had to put a couple of extra jackets on to help me keep extra warm when biking to. When I was done training took a couple of photos of me with my phone and will post them on instagram when I get home from work. Doin things a bit different diet wise this year by not having much red meat in my meals and only having steak twice a week instead of having mince all the time. Which I did last year and made me feel bloated at times and having tuna in spring water in my meals plus it saves extra time when it comes time to time preping my meals for the day. For my posing routine will be using Linkin Park what I have done. Was going to use ryback meat on the table or Brock Lesnar music the next big thing in the early stages of when I was deciding on what type of music to use for my posing routine.

I follow you on instagram mate I enjoy your posts.

Do you take the photo with your phone then take the photo of your phone with another phone?

How do you do it?

I follow you on instagram mate I enjoy your posts.

Do you take the photo with your phone then take the photo of your phone with another phone?

How do you do it?

I copy the photo from the photo on my phone with instagram on my I pad since I don't have instagram on my phone

Had a good session this morning plus it wasn't as frosty biking to work as well which was good but still cold. Had to put a couple of extra jackets on to help me keep extra warm when biking to.

Just so we're all clear on the specifics of your prep, being this close to stage time rat style everything counts, how many jackets do you wear when biking ?

You said a couple extra, but how many would you usually wear ?

Like are we talking 2+2 or 1+2 ?

Also what are they made of, as this will effect your hydration levels, if it draws moisture away from your skin etc Bibby. Are we talking merino or windbreakers ?

I hear Phil Heath only wears MacPac jackets when he's cold.

Plz stay safe

I copy the photo from the photo on my phone with instagram on my I pad since I don't have instagram on my phone

It sick. TechnoRatty style.

Just so we're all clear on the specifics of your prep, being this close to stage time rat style everything counts, how many jackets do you wear when biking ?

You said a couple extra, but how many would you usually wear ?

Like are we talking 2+2 or 1+2 ?

Also what are they made of, as this will effect your hydration levels, if it draws moisture away from your skin etc Bibby. Are we talking merino or windbreakers ?

I hear Phil Heath only wears MacPac jackets when he's cold.

Plz stay safe

It sick. TechnoRatty style.

In the way of warm clothing that I wear on the morning when going to work while I am cutting .I wear my gym clothes a npc jacket which I bought when I did the pans last year on top of my gym gears, wellington lions fleece and good heavy jacket on top of what I am wearing already to keep me warm and bernie as well.

Shoulders,calfs and cardio

Over head Press 1x15 25kg, 4x10 40kg,43kg,45kg,48kg

Arnold press 4x6-10 20kgs,20kgs,22kgs,25kgs

Rear delt Flys 4x10 30kg,33kg,35kg,38kg

Bb shrugs 4x10 120kg,130kg,135kg,138kg

Calf press 4x10 6pps,7pps,8pps,9pps

Standing calf raise 3x20 124kg,130kg,150kg

Cross trainer 30 minutes

When I got up this morning thought in a months time I will be down to the last chest session for my prep and not to sure at this stage which chest workout that I will use one or 2 going to cross that path when it gets closer to the time. Noticed on my tub of muscle tech glutamine that bought the other day recamind taking it twice a day. Figured that would be a good idea to start doing that for the rest of my prep by taking it in the morning with my shake and after training plus it would help speed up recovery as well. Came up with a good name for my post training stack for the reat of my prep until I have to ditch the supplements that I am taking when I get up to peak week. The name for my post training stack is ratzilla post training stack which is creatine stacked with glutamine and bcaas. Energy levels have been pretty good today being medium carbs which will be the same for Friday as well. Bit more energy in the tank which helps so I don't feel tired or run down.

Shoulders,calfs and cardio

Over head Press 1x15 25kg, 4x10 40kg,43kg,45kg,48kg

Arnold press 4x6-10 20kgs,20kgs,22kgs,25kgs

Rear delt Flys 4x10 30kg,33kg,35kg,38kg

Bb shrugs 4x10 120kg,130kg,135kg,138kg

Calf press 4x10 6pps,7pps,8pps,9pps

Standing calf raise 3x20 124kg,130kg,150kg

Cross trainer 30 minutes

When I got up this morning thought in a months time I will be down to the last chest session for my prep and not to sure at this stage which chest workout that I will use one or 2 going to cross that path when it gets closer to the time. Noticed on my tub of muscle tech glutamine that bought the other day recamind taking it twice a day. Figured that would be a good idea to start doing that for the rest of my prep by taking it in the morning with my shake and after training plus it would help speed up recovery as well. Came up with a good name for my post training stack for the reat of my prep until I have to ditch the supplements that I am taking when I get up to peak week. The name for my post training stack is ratzilla post training stack which is creatine stacked with glutamine and bcaas. Energy levels have been pretty good today being medium carbs which will be the same for Friday as well. Bit more energy in the tank which helps so I don't feel tired or run down.

are you worried your natty status will be affected by all of these supplements? 

when i wake up each day, i usually think "i need to piss" or "shit i slept through my alarm im gonna be late for work", i usually don't think about the body part i will be training in 1 months time, but i guess im not competing on the national stage in bodybuilding like you.

i admire your dedication

Arms and cardio

Ezy bar curls 1x15 19kg,4x10 39kg,43kg,45kg,48kg

Lying biceps cable curls 4x10 95,105,115,125 pounds

Seated alternating DB curls 4x10 15kgs,17kgs,20kgs,22kgs

Triceps pushdown 1x20 65,4x10 125,135,145,165 pounds

Close grip rope triceps push down 4x10 65,75,85,105 pounds

DB triceps donkey kickbacks 4x12 12kgs,15kgs,17kgs,20kgs

Treadmill 30 minutes

Today I achieved a milestone since I started cutting on June the 8th for my comp in Wellington by completing my 62 session of cardio in the gym and without the use of a trainer as well and by doing everything on my own as well. Next Monday will be start taking red krill three times a day which will be with three of my meals at home. The red krill will be taken with my supplements that I take with breakfast,tea and with my last meal of the day which is a hour before heading off to sleep.

Arms and cardio

Ezy bar curls 1x15 19kg,4x10 39kg,43kg,45kg,48kg

Lying biceps cable curls 4x10 95,105,115,125 pounds

Seated alternating DB curls 4x10 15kgs,17kgs,20kgs,22kgs

Triceps pushdown 1x20 65,4x10 125,135,145,165 pounds

Close grip rope triceps push down 4x10 65,75,85,105 pounds

DB triceps donkey kickbacks 4x12 12kgs,15kgs,17kgs,20kgs

Treadmill 30 minutes

Today I achieved a milestone since I started cutting on June the 8th for my comp in Wellington by completing my 62 session of cardio in the gym and without the use of a trainer as well and by doing everything on my own as well. Next Monday will be start taking red krill three times a day which will be with three of my meals at home. The red krill will be taken with my supplements that I take with breakfast,tea and with my last meal of the day which is a hour before heading off to sleep.

nice mate!

It will all be milestones from now eg 63rd session, 64th session, 65th session i reckon 66th will be the big one though.

I see you're not doing barbell squats anymore. How come?

When I did them last my left knee was feeling a bit stiff and was finding them a bit hard this far into my prep plus I don't want to run into any injury problems or have major knee problems later on in life.

When I did them last my left knee was feeling a bit stiff and was finding them a bit hard this far into my prep plus I don't want to run into any injury problems or have major knee problems later on in life.

Yeah I get the same thing but in my right knee. If i was prepping for a show i probably wouldnt even bother training legs at all tbh. Stafer that way.

This morning when I got up came up with a plan for the four remaining quad sessions that I have got left. Which is by alternating the rep range by one week with moderate weights with rep range ranging from 10 to 20 reps and ten reps for the week after . By doing that I end up putting extra stress on my joints just to be on the safe side of things