Brett Gibbs elevated to 1st place after class winner fails drug test

That's a shame mate. So you came 2nd to last instead of last then? Hahaha jokes brotha!

i bombed.lol,and havent got that much better.sux....man i remember sitting there watching the  winner  deadlifting like a machine and over hearing the whispers of "drug test him"...they knew eh.

i bombed.lol,and havent got that much better.sux....man i remember sitting there watching the  winner  deadlifting like a machine and over hearing the whispers of "drug test him"...they knew eh.

tbh in any competition i've been to/watched i wouldnt be able to hear anyone whispering during someones deadlift, i call bullshit ;)

tbh in any competition i've been to/watched i wouldnt be able to hear anyone whispering during someones deadlift, i call bullshit ;)

i didnt say during his actual lift.and to be fair it was a great performance..whether he juiced or not.didnt affect me.300+ kgs is 300+ kgs.

im weird.i tend to just worry what im gonna do..its about pbs for me..i dont care what other guys do and im quite happy to support.I just enjoy watching the effort of others.

i reckon it takes cojones to get up there in the first place..im shitting myself before i go up.

you cant control what another guy lifts anyway..if hes better.hes better.lol.

Didnt faze me that he got caught because it wasnt even a close contest anyway,i wasnt in the frame thats for sure.

The morality of it..well..dead horse flogged.

Well exactly... Who is anyone to judge my morals and who am I to judge theirs.

And this is also why GPC should just be accepted and there should be no negativity towards untested Feds. I know most people are sweet with it now (taken a while) but their are still a few people who have problems. At the end of the day its helping nzpf keep cleaner than it otherwise would if GPC didn't exist.

And yeah I agree drug users who compete in IPF or any tested sport where there are untested federation options available to them are dickheads. I think we all share those opinions.

Does this guy who got caught even care?

I mean by the sounds of it BG messaged him on FB and catillo just laughed and its all a big mistake

The guys an idiot..

Of course he would be dissapointed in himself deep down. It's nothing to be proud of and anyone would be ashamed of that. Playing it off and laughing about it is just him trying to save face.

Banned 8 years potentially for life... I mean powerlifting is one of the sports where it probably matters the least. I say that meaning there are so many federations that he could compete next weekend if he wanted to. The guys a fucking good lifter, drug cheat or not he is still strong. Other federations will want an elite guy like him lifting for them for sure.

If anything he will be scrutinised more in other fed in regards to gear checks etc. so for example in GPC when you come off the platform an official might say ok take your knee wraps off im measuring then to make sure they are 2.5m and not 3m. Ok what's under your soft suit let's have a look make sure no compression wear.

So I don't think he will have a problem.

He's a very good lifter I agree Realtalk. I can't imagine he'd be that far off had he been natural but I don't know what the difference is with what he used. Maybe a guaranteed first at the risk of being caught or coming second as natural?

Or is it a night and day comparison?

He's a very good lifter I agree Realtalk. I can't imagine he'd be that far off had he been natural but I don't know what the difference is with what he used. Maybe a guaranteed first at the risk of being caught or coming second as natural?

Or is it a night and day comparison?

No idea bro. But it does give good strength gain. You use something like stanozolol because it doesn't really hold water or blow you up so he can use it get stronger and make weight still for that u83 class. I think anyone at that level would have some idea of what they are doing in regards to it clearing their system. So you would use it in your build up with or without other stuff we can't really say because he didn't test positive for anything else but then you would calculate the halflives and the time before comp day so come comp day it would have cleared your system and you test negative. Stanozolol is a pretty fast in and out compound athletes like it for that reason. Ben Johnston got banned for it at the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games.

If the comp was the following day he might have passed the drug test. This is the thing you just don't know.

interesting

i guess same as a lot of substances, time to clear metabolites etc differs person to person.

im thinking in context of workplace drug tests from a past life lol but same same, some people will take a drug the same time as someone else, then x amount of time later they both piss in cup, one pass, the other fail.

probably thought he would be sweet, i can't see anyone pissing in the cup if they know they're going to fail lol better to fake a seizure/coma go hospital stay in "coma" for a week during which time they aren't allowed to test your piss and hopefully that buys enough time for it to clear lol

pro tip if you are an idiot and drink drive, when at the station pretend to have a seizure and coma, you will go to hospital to be checked over before they are allowed to take blood, buys enough time to pass test.

inb4 thread becomes maccaz guide to cheating in the olympics