Brett Gibbs elevated to 1st place after class winner fails drug test

Brett just posted on his FB that he has just heard the guy who won his class (u83kg) at the IPF raw world champs tested positive for Stanzolol and has been stripped of the title

This pushes Brett up to 1st place and rightful open world champion

Glad the cheat was exposed but it sucks for Brett as he was robbed of the moment of glory and also made to push for a huge deadlift which he missed. Had he not needed such a big deadlift he prob would have taken a lighter one and would have increased his total

Yeah I heard he just got off a 2 year ban. Surely that would be a life ban. I would be surprised if other Feds would open their arms to him for a while. Cheating is cheating.

I can kind of see why someone might do it in a professional sport where there was money involved, but there's none in powerlifting so why bother.

I don't understand why he would do it when there are untested federation options.

he probably would have a harder time winning in the untested feds,hence his competing in the IPF.Plus theres heaps of glory in being the man despite it being an "amateur" sport.

hes from a south american country,probably sponsored and a professional lifter.i would be surprised if this guy works a 9-5 job..Winning is everything.

Maybe brett is cheating too but is just a step ahead of the testing e.g using substances or masking agents they dont yet test for.

Dont see why an untested fed wouldn't allow the other fella to compete in it. How is he possibly going to break the rules of an untested fed? Be like not letting a guy with a prior conviction for insider trading do a basic labouring job

Take a look at the simple concept of cheating Boosting

It is doing something that is against the rules.

If the rule book says you can't use compression underwear - you will be checked. And you do wear compression underwear then you are cheating

If the rule book says you can wear whatever you like under your soft suit, you won't be checked then you can go ahead and wear compression underwear if that's what you want to do. It's not mandatory but you can if you like. Then that's not cheating is it.

The same goes for PEDs. If you are caught cheating by using a banned substance then that's cheating.

If someone is going to use PEDs then compete in an untested federation then it's NOT cheating.

If someone is prepared to cheat by knowingly using PEDs in a tested federation then what is to stop them from breaking other rules if they compete in another federation.

Perhaps they might try get away with wearing briefs under their soft suit or illegal length knee wraps etc. There are 100s of other rules that could be broken.

Im not saying that another federation wouldn't allow them to compete in just saying they would be hardly be chased with open arms being that this is his second time caught cheating.

The point is cheating is cheating regardless of if a different federation allows it. If you choose to compete in a certain federation you must abide by their rules.

Theres varying degrees of right and wrong and room for 2nd chances in my opinion,people make mistakes however it would be interesting to see how often hes tested out of comp.you would have to assume hes megadosing based on the fact he got caught on the world stage.hes gone..clearly premeditated.

Congrats to Brett. Don't they do vigorous testing around comp time to though? Why wouldn't he test positive then? Do these guys just use the gear in an off season type of thing?

well im guessing its the mindset of wanting to push the boundaries as far as he can,we all do it to varying levels in terms of pushing ourselves with training ,yet hes in another league and wanted to see if he would get away with it.he didnt.

I think you would probably need to hire a chemist/dodgy sports scientist or have some sort of PHD if you wanted to break the rules.However theres someone out there probably saying its easy to.i dont reckon it is.

if im reading the IPF report correctly,there was no testing done in Ecuador in 2014.He was on the pool of lifters to be tested in 2015 but theres no indication if he actually was until the world champs where its mandatory if you win your class.

You compare that with Australia where 68 tests were done last yr.

Social media has gone full retard on this.

Everyone congratulating brett and condemning the guy who got caught with the naive assumption that everyone who didnt get caught is a lifetime natty. Pure as. Get real.

For all anyone knows half the competitors could have been using so dont get on high horse as if anyones better than that. Apart from the competitor themself, noone can "know" if someone is natty or not.

Im not saying thays necessarily the case but its easily possible, point is you dont know

I train with Brett a lot, more so when he lived here and didn't have to travel down from Masterton. He got blood tested the same comp he broke the squat record last year, my friend Josh had testers turn up in the middle of the night and piss into a container at his house before he even left NZ for the worlds. I hang out with Josh in and outside of the gym, hes also 83 and just lifted 300kg for a fucking double last weekend. Both these guys are clean, Brett doesnt even use pre-workout when I offer him the shit. I don't profess to spending 24 hours a day with them so you'll probably claim they shoot up in the toilets at 3am due to ignorance and due to the fact as a lifter you'll never get close to the crazy strength of some naturally gifted, strong motherfuckers. There are definitely drugs out there you can mask, new ones come out all the time. We live in New Zealand where its fucking hard to get half the good drugs that have been out there for years. Stop hating on people because they out shine you. Insecurity is stupid. They both out lift me pound for pound and Brett on totals, Im 38 and possible not natural *hyuck* but does it make me angry and insecure? f*ck NO it impresses the shit out of me. 

Stick to the topic - Brett is now number 1, deal with it and take any of your shit hate mongering and f*ck yourself with it.

I train with Brett a lot, more so when he lived here and didn't have to travel down from Masterton. He got blood tested the same comp he broke the squat record last year, my friend Josh had testers turn up in the middle of the night and piss into a container at his house before he even left NZ for the worlds. I hang out with Josh in and outside of the gym, hes also 83 and just lifted 300kg for a fucking double last weekend. Both these guys are clean, Brett doesnt even use pre-workout when I offer him the shit. I don't profess to spending 24 hours a day with them so you'll probably claim they shoot up in the toilets at 3am due to ignorance and due to the fact as a lifter you'll never get close to the crazy strength of some naturally gifted, strong motherfuckers. There are definitely drugs out there you can mask, new ones come out all the time. We live in New Zealand where its fucking hard to get half the good drugs that have been out there for years. Stop hating on people because they out shine you. Insecurity is stupid. They both out lift me pound for pound and Brett on totals, Im 38 and possible not natural *hyuck* but does it make me angry and insecure? f*ck NO it impresses the shit out of me.

Stick to the topic - Brett is now number 1, deal with it and take any of your shit hate mongering and f*ck yourself with it.

Bro get real i never said anyone is using and im sure you're right im just saying its a piss test not a 24/7 surveillance problem.so it is POSSIBLE for anyone to cheat and get away with it. Not saying they do necessarily. Tour de france is drug tested but everyone knows its dirty af so why should any other sport be different

Also donz dont get so mad, sticking up for people is one thing but when i wasnt speaking about anyone in particular and you blow up defending certain people thats just weird lol

better go back and edit the bit out where u insinuated that half of the competitors could of been using then, bro.lol.

Theres just some super strong people out there that dont need the gas.

they are born better at powerlifting and train harder

better go back and edit the bit out where u insinuated that half of the competitors could of been using then, bro.lol.

bro, you're right.

it shouldnt say half of them could have been using.

100% of them "could" have been using

surely most (possibly all bar the one who got caught) are natty.

beside the point

im just saying that 1 person getting caught doesn't mean that noone else cheated

they are born better and train harder

bro maybe its drug testers following you around haha

interestingly enough the closest lab for testing Castillo if im reading it correctly is in Bogota,Colombia which is about 832 kms away.a fair hike.i wonder if its cost prohibitive to do a lot of random testing on Castillo based on that alone.

Brett pulled a 215kg dead lift in 2011, hes currently pulling about 310 on the regular with I think a PB of 317.5 ( could be wrong ) - 4 years of solid training every day for a young guy full of testosterone to add 100kg on a dead lift? I went from 230kg ( had been deadlifting 3 solid weeks had never done one prior ) in May last year to 300 by September. If you want to assume he's juicing then could you prehaps let him know he's doing it wrong? Thanks, champ.

That double of Josh s looked so easy. He could overtake Brett on the deadlift soon if he keeps it up. Yeah I agree that both Brett and Josh are 100% natural. Just born lifters. Now I can say Brett set won that comp in the Nikes I gave him so that's my medal to lol.