Occasional lifting diary

Boosting

Ok storytime: I lost interest in training and i am starting again because its cheaper to lift weights than do most other things and im poor as f*ck.

Going to continue training towards doing a physique type show in a year or two or whenever i know ill win it.

Trained legs. Started with squats which felt awkward as. Im not flexible enough to even get the bar behing my neck with a practical (less than rack width) grip. Im hoping this loosens up somewhat. Sets (in order) were:

10 reps 100

(5 reps 140)*2

(3 reps 180)*3

(5 reps 140)*2

Then i did hamstring curls and leg extensions, alternating sets for approx 15 rep sets. Just going light and focusing on using good form and feeling it in target muscles. Probably did 5 sets of each.

This^ was sunday. Monday i didn't go to the gym because i spent most of the day replacing wheel cylinders and brake shoes and bleeding brakes and just couldn't be bothered and my legs hurt. Played call of duty ghosts and ate McDonald's instead.

Trained arms twice today. Cant even remember sets/reps/weights but the first session was rubbish because i was feeling fucked and dehydrated from working outside on cars. Weighed 2.5kg more when i left the gym compared to when i first came just from drinking from the fountain there.

Closegrip bench. Tricep pushdowns various. Dumbell curls. Preacher curls. Ezi bar standing curls.

Couldn't be bothered doing dips because was sore. Biceps started cramping during second session doing the preacher curls. Was good.

Are dips more of i tricep excercise or a chest excercise? I always thought triceps but i think people have told me it involves the chest a lot too.

Trained arms twice today. Cant even remember sets/reps/weights but the first session was rubbish because i was feeling fucked and dehydrated from working outside on cars. Weighed 2.5kg more when i left the gym compared to when i first came just from drinking from the fountain there.

Closegrip bench. Tricep pushdowns various. Dumbell curls. Preacher curls. Ezi bar standing curls.

Couldn't be bothered doing dips because was sore. Biceps started cramping during second session doing the preacher curls. Was good.

Are dips more of i tricep excercise or a chest excercise? I always thought triceps but i think people have told me it involves the chest a lot too.

If you shift your weight and feet forward should be more tri's and feet back more chest i always been told

Thanks for that info. I think i do mine quite upright with feet forward mostly hitting tris.

Today i trained shoulders. Shoulders has always been my main weakness after legs as i didnt train either when i started out lifting and my training of both has been sporadic since. Started with OHP:

10 reps 60

10 reps 80

(5 reps 90)*3

(5 reps 80)*3 sets wide (almost snatch) grip

5 reps 60 wide grip

Then moved on to dumbell raises for side delts and cable raises for front delts. Rep range was 10-20 reps per set. Did a few sets til i was rooted then left gym. I'd guess around 7 sets.

Pretty easy session but felt weak and my back was quite pumped so it was actually not easy. Next time i train shoulders im going to do more volume, especially on the OHP which will mean not going as heavy and getting more reps.

Don't be one of those phaggots with no Rear Delts, you'll end up looking like a hunched over goofball.

Also in for diet gains. It's a pretty key part of looking as jacked and tanned as possible. I'm much the same as you, would post if people interested but usually not that exciting.

What's your height and weight bro ?

Didnt lift today. Found an interesting fish though. Its called a stonefish. Looks like a rock and is quite venomous. Not sure how to do pics on here but if someone tells me ill post a pic.

Almost lost my vehicle to the sea/tide too. Had to winch it out of the sea as the tide was coming in using the wreck of another vehicle which was lost to the sea there as an anchor for the winch. Felt like i was about to have a heart attack from cranking the hand winch trying to beat the incoming tide. Probably should start doing cardio but nah im not going to.

Where are you living, Boosting? Stonefish are nasty fuckers indeed.

Re posting pics... It's a bit of a mission right now if you're on a phone (soon to be improved though). Switch to Full Version (button at bottom of page), go to post your reply, then hit More Reply Options button. Then attach pic and upload it.

Or upload it somewhere else, and just paste the link in.

Cant be fucked uploading pic. Google.com has pics of them.

Today i trained back. Started with deadlifts. Belt felt annoying so removed it after warmup set which i cut short because of the belt issue. Probably should get used to using the belt again but whatever.

3 reps 180 (straps belt)

5 reps 240

8 reps 240 (straps)

5 reps 240 (straps)

Moved on to t bar rows. Did a few sets of 3 plates then i think 3 sets of 4 plates. Was getting 15 reps comfortably on 3 plates but on 4 plates 12 reps was doable but a struggle on the last couple of reps of each set.

Then did close grip lat pull-down. 3 or 4 sets.

Was a pretty simple training session and i probably shpuld have done a few sets of pull ups and barbell rows too but i couldn't really be bothered. Kind of feel like i need some sort of structured program to follow. At the moment in just doing

Legs

Arms

Shoulders

Back

Chest

Then repeat. Rest days wherever but if i take a rest say the day after chest then im still going to do legs the following day back in the gym rather than skip it. Otherwise ill just end up taking rest days on legs day and shoulders day lol and staying small and weak in those departments.

Trained chest today. Did nothing yesterday.

Started with normal bench press. Did 2 sets (warmup and started a working set) then gave up. Shoulders are wrecked from trying squats a week ago or whenever it was. Just did dumbell bench press. Reps/sets as follows.

(7 reps 60)*7 sets, flat

(5 reps 60)*3 sets, incline

Thats it. All reps were easy except the last rep of the last set of flat bench, and the last 2 reps of the last set of 5 reps incline.

Next time i aim to do 8x8 of 60 for flat bench.

Legs today.

Squats:

5 reps 100

5 reps 140

(3 reps 180)*5

Other leg excercises. Hamstring curl and leg extensions. Also sldl. Not noteworthy excercises...im sure no one cares how many reps i did of 95 f*ck knows whats on leg extension that has different mechanical leverage advantage to every other different leg extension machine out there.

Squats felt better than last time as youd expect but its still nice that they do.

Ive never heard of them giving anyone a wide waist? Theyre easier when youre heavier and less lean with a wide waist sure. Eating too much food or having shit genetics gives you a wide waist. I eat hardly any food and my genetics arent shit.

Have we ever seen photos of you? I can't remember. Post a fresh one, anyway.

Unsure if you have or not. Theres plenty of pics of me online though. Google.com is a good place to start.

Anyway...trained arms on Tuesday. Wish id just taken the day off as my body felt wrecked due to the squats the previous day, especially my elbows. Left gym after a few sets.

Had yesterday off the gym and today off work because i decided to give deadlifts a go tonight. They've always been one of my weaker lifts due to a less developed lower body. Sets were as per below.

3 reps 180

3 reps 220

(5 reps 260)*3

Not really a fan of the lift myself anymore and i prefer to use light weight more volume as easier on the back/hips/knees. Was just following the off season training program that my trainer gave me. Personally i dont see the value of this strength style training however im sticking to the program. Maybe he thibks it'll build my legs up..i dunno because when i asked him he told me to shut up and not question him in future or find another trainer.

Training shoulders soon too as thats also in my program. Volume based workout fortunately.

Google Image'd "Boosting"..

Just a bunch of lame business graphs, one of Popeye with his trademark spinach can and strangely enough a picture of Kirsten Dunst..

So which one are you ?

Also how is Deadlifts one of your weakest lifts when you're hitting multiple sets of six plates ? Your squat seems a lot weaker in comparison. Haven't seen many other strength based numbers from you but you don't seem that weak on Deads lol.

High rep Deads are great fun btw, does your trainer even lift or is he scared of hurting your back like every other beta phaggot physio and trainer who got their certificate in a fucking weetbix box ?

Google Image'd "Boosting"..

Just a bunch of lame business graphs, one of Popeye with his trademark spinach can and strangely enough a picture of Kirsten Dunst..

So which one are you ?

Also how is Deadlifts one of your weakest lifts when you're hitting multiple sets of six plates ? Your squat seems a lot weaker in comparison. Haven't seen many other strength based numbers from you but you don't seem that weak on Deads lol.

High rep Deads are great fun btw, does your trainer even lift or is he scared of hurting your back like every other beta phaggot physio and trainer who got their certificate in a fucking weetbix box ?

My trainer lifts yes. He reckons he won an INBA phyique/board short class in a comp last year.

My squats are weaker sure, but i would still call deadlifts a weakness as i cannot yet do 8pps which id consider the approximate benchmark for being 'good' at deadlifting.

My trainer lifts yes. He reckons he won an INBA phyique/board short class in a comp last year.

My squats are weaker sure, but i would still call deadlifts a weakness as i cannot yet do 8pps which id consider the approximate benchmark for being 'good' at deadlifting.

Lol that doesn't sound like lifting. Probably disappears when he turns sideways.

Fair call, I mean setting high bench marks is cool, I'm the same. But then what would your bench marks be for being good at Squats, Bench etc ? Surely your Squat is further away from that level than your Dead, so just surprised me you saying it was a weakness but not identifying other lifts that are when your Deadlift seems reasonable.

...shoulders has always been my main weakness after legs as i didnt train either when i started out lifting and my training of both has been sporadic since.....

All of my lifts are weaknesses. Best squat 225, best bench 200 10 months ago. Got 190 easy in comp recently but failed 200. So bench is another weakness